KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Andy Serkis on Snoke: Is he more powerful than Darth Vader and the Emperor? "Oh, with

Andy Serkis on Snoke: Is he more powerful than Darth Vader and the Emperor? "Oh, with
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Andy Serkis on Snoke: Is he more powerful than Darth Vader and the Emperor? "Oh, with

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 12:46 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

So he is more powerful because he has "limitless resources." So this in referenve to political power, not mastery of the dark side.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 12:52 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

It's way more retarded that Snoke is more politically powerful tho

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 01:20 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Nah, I think it's Force power. Sidious is unquestionably more politically powerful - he owns the galaxy and has the largest army ever.

I think Snoke will be using external sources to fuel his powers - perhaps said power is what Sidious felt calling him in the Aftermath books.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 01:23 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Plus, it doesn't make sense of including Vader in the question if it's political power-based.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 01:25 PM
Greysentinel365

All the protagonists are weaker and the main villain is stronger. I can't wait to see the PIS in IX where they beat him.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 01:52 PM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Plus, it doesn't make sense of including Vader in the question if it's political power-based.

Lulz.

Since when is a question dependent on the answer, and not the other way around?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 02:09 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yeah, the “limitless resources” suggests that Serkis is talking about political/military power. It doesn’t make much sense, but whatever. I guess we will see.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 02:57 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

thumb up

That's literally what Serkis says, no twisting it. Whether it makes sense to you personally is irrelevant.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 04:13 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I think Snoke will be using external sources to fuel his powers - perhaps said power is what Sidious felt calling him in the Aftermath books.

InB4 nexus chat.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Nah, I think it's Force power. Sidious is unquestionably more politically powerful - he owns the galaxy and has the largest army ever.

thumb up
I don't think he's talking about political power.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 06:53 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Regardless of one's interpretation of Serkis' quote, I have no doubt Snoke will be more powerful than Palpatine in the Force. It'll be retarded, but given the entire sequel trilogy is retarded and obsessed with the notion of "bigger = better," it would not be unexpected at all.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 08:09 PM
ares834

Yep, you’re probably right. I don’t really care as long as they make Snoke an interesting character with an intriguing backstory. Unfortunately, I don’t think we will get that especially since JJ is returning for EP9. I expect he will just be Palpatine 2.0.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 09:21 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

If Snoke actually turns out to have characteristics to fundamentally separate him from Sheev, then perhaps I will not have such an issue with his probable superiority, but as of now it looks like he'll be joining Vitiate in the club of cheap Palpatine knockoffs.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 10:39 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

In fairness, I liked what I saw of Snoke in the trailer, Andy Serkis has great line delivery and is a great actor.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 10:40 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

Originally posted by Azronger
Regardless of one's interpretation of Serkis' quote, I have no doubt Snoke will be more powerful than Palpatine in the Force. It'll be retarded, but given the entire sequel trilogy is retarded and obsessed with the notion of "bigger = better," it would not be unexpected at all.

Why would it be "retarded"?

If anything you should rejoice. You can now chortle the balls of a character that has a genuine claim at being the strongest Dark Sider.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 01:09 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Because this isn't Dragon Ball, and no one gives a shit about villains just because they escalate in power.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 01:56 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

thumb up

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 02:31 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Unbowed
Why would it be "retarded"?

If anything you should rejoice. You can now chortle the balls of a character that has a genuine claim at being the strongest Dark Sider.

I could already do that with the Son, but given your intellectual myopia, I'm not surprised you haven't yet understood that it isn't about power levels.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 02:37 PM
Unbowed

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Because this isn't Dragon Ball, and no one gives a shit about villains just because they escalate in power.

Then don't give a shit. What exactly is the problem? The movie hasn't even come out yet. We don't yet know what Snoke is about. Besides, from the little we've seen of him, Snoke is more compelling as a character and better acted than the cheese that was McDiarmid's Emperor in the OT

As much as they attempt to deny it's not about power levels, Sheev fans doth protest too much. Until now they've been able to use his role in the movies to lord it over EU characters that are blatantly stronger than him. Now that another movie character is going to be stronger than him, they have nowhere to turn to. laughing

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 03:00 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote