KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Official Episode 8 Countdown Thread

The Official Episode 8 Countdown Thread
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rebel95
Jealous you guys are seeing it tomorrow. Friday can't come soon enough!
Why can't you see it Thursday ?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 09:44 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
yeah it was 1AM here evil face

i don't know...looks like they might be going for some grey jedi theme which could validate all those idiotic "balance to the force = 50% dark + 50% light" topics...which would really piss me off.

That's where I've been worried but I think it won't actually happen, despite some of the other media looking that way. Or maybe IX will do it. But here I think we are clear- they'll raise some questions but I don't think anything will undermine light vs dark as good vs evil.

Still, we'll see.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by quanchi112
Me too non 3D. Second viewing will more than likely be 3D.
Which do prefer? Personally I like non 3d, after a while my eyes start to hurt and if u take off the glasses its fuzzy.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 10:08 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rebel95
Jealous you guys are seeing it tomorrow. Friday can't come soon enough!

Same.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

24 hrs until I'm in my seat watching the opening crawl.

I can't wait

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Raptor22
Which do prefer? Personally I like non 3d, after a while my eyes start to hurt and if u take off the glasses its fuzzy.

i dont really enjoy it. if i had no choice i would see it 3d, as was the case with TFA.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 12:29 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Why can't you see it Thursday ?

I could have but I procrastinated buying tickets and seat options were much better for Friday

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 04:45 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just got back- quick summary of my initial thoughts, no direct spoilers

Interesting film- ups and downs. My major fears about what they might do with Jedi and the Force were not realised at all- if anything, this film bucks up the classic good vs evil trend. However, I can definitely see a lot of OT fans getting offended that what scraps of backstory we can work out rather diminish the significance of the original films.

Broadly, I am forming the impression that the new films are the inverse in execution to the Prequel films. The PT had some great overarching ideas and setting and even vision, but they often shockingly bundled the way it played out- often poor writing, direction, acting, too much cutting between too many stories, major background ideas that GL apparently forgot actually to try and put across on screen leaving everyone unsure etc.

But looking at TFA and TLJ, what I am feeling are films that are getting all the details right- good acting, good dialogue (Mark Hamill gets what for me is the funniest line in the whole saga so far), some beautiful moments that make their point very well... but the broader plot is kinda borked in places. Just things like who the bad guys are and where they came from and how things have ended up as they are. If you thought TFA was leaving threads for TLJ to clear up then... very few are, and I would be surprised if IX ties up any more, and even if it does that's just damage control at this point. Compared to the elegant simplicity of A New Hope which ESB built on- those days are gone from Star Wars for now (and you can definitely tell that this is not a planned trilogy- Rian Johnson is making it up from scratch). Meanwhile, there's an entire section of the film that looks great, is well played out, but ultimately achieves absolutely nothing- the actual main story doesn't care that any of it happened. That's a bit weird.

It was still Star Wars to me though. Just weirdly plotted Star Wars.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 01:20 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Raptor22
2d but with films I usually really want to see I'll usually see it in both.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 06:11 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I just came back the screen i went to was empty and i was the only one watching it. The movie was ok but not as good as TFA

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 08:57 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

2d but with films I usually really want to see I'll usually see it in both.

i thought of you when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: snoke got cut in half and had a good lol. condolences.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 09:18 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

i thought of you when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: snoke got cut in half and had a good lol. condolences.
Best Star Wars character. Every piece of dialogue, every action, every movement of his was exquisite. He has the best Star Wars voice to me as well. This forum is about to get Snoke'd.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 07:27 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

oh you're still doing this? not many feats to go by, but with what little he showed, i don't doubt that he was the most powerful sith. though luke's feat was arguably the most powerful force-feat ever.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 02:28 PM
quanchi112
Disney

oh you're still doing this? not many feats to go by, but with what little he showed, i don't doubt that he was the most powerful sith. though luke's feat was arguably the most powerful force-feat ever.
I have already issued battlezone challenges, flooded the movie vs. and the Star Wars vs. with Snoke. I have always judged by how these characters stack up to each other not who lifts the biggest rock.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 03:27 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

[i'm done using spoiler tags]

luke projected himself with such effectiveness that he was able to duel a powerful sith lord from across the galaxy, with sabers clashing. so you can't logocally marginalize his power as "just moving things". especially since that was the extent of snokes demonstrated powers. (granted one of those things he 'moved' across the room was general hux's face, and from many lighyears away)

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 18th, 2017 at 04:04 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 04:01 PM
Darth Thor

^ Yep Luke’s by far the mos powerful force user we’ve seen in the films. Whether that makes him a superior Lightsaber duellist to everyone else is questionable, but his power is not.

Perhaps he chose to develop his powers in more pacifist ways.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 06:12 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Same Lol

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 06:13 PM
redpill

Best Star Wars character. Every piece of dialogue, every action, every movement of his was exquisite. He has the best Star Wars voice to me as well. This forum is about to get Snoke'd.

i thought he was funny with the rey bommerang i lol'ed

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 06:16 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

though luke's feat was arguably the most powerful force-feat ever.

It was really insane if one thinks about it.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 06:48 PM
Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Luke was so.......

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 10:08 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote