KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » (No spoilers please) Did you like TLJ

Did you like TLJ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
I loved it 9 19.57%
I liked it 13 28.26%
It was ok 10 21.74%
I didn't like it 7 15.22%
I hated it 7 15.22%
Total: 46 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

(No spoilers please) Did you like TLJ
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

It came out yesterday here.... I’m confused, I mean I liked it but i’ve seen certain things... i’m a bit traumatized. But that’s something only people with “above average” knowledge about SW can probably notice. All of my friends who just watched the movies and nothing else didn’t get upset and really enjoyed the movie

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

The toll of being a hardcore SW fan, I'm probably gonna see it tonight.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 11:48 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Captain Phasma? I was looking forward to her.

Have fun Zenwolf...report back to us when you get a chance.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

Sticks to formula: "whinge whinge it's just the same as the OT"

Deviates from formula: "whinge whinge *autistic screeching*

The movie was fine, with some excellent twists.

I don't find the portrayal of Luke to be that bad. He's obviously broken and he really needs an anonymous kick up the ass to actually get into his right state of mind.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 12:48 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
Captain Phasma? I was looking forward to her.

Movie had a treat for you then.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 01:47 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Went in with very low expectations and was pleasantly suprised. It was definitely better than TFA. I actually thought they did a good job with Luke and that was my biggest worry coming into it.

Though not without flaws, it was definitely better than I thought it would be.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 02:15 AM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Loved it!!!

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 03:45 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It was alright. Had some great moments but not a fan with what they did with Luke. It's certainly nowhere near as bad as TPM. And at least it was fresh and surprising unlike TFA.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 03:47 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Loved it!!!

Literally no one saw this coming.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 04:02 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Was 10/10. Honestly no major complaints. What a ride!

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 04:11 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I gotta say, I am really looking forward to Rian's SW trilogy now. I had some major gripes with this film, but that was mainly because of what JJ set up in TFA and how Rian treated the original characters. TLJ took some massive risks and it treated the force in the best way since ESB. I think he could create a very entertaining trilogy about ancient Jedi and I pray that is what we are getting.

With all that said, I can't say I'm too excited for Ep 9.

Last edited by ares834 on Dec 15th, 2017 at 04:17 AM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 04:15 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I don't see how you can blame JJ for anything that happened in this film aside from where they found Luke. Rian had free reign, and not a single plotline that was in TFA was resolved in this one aside from who Rey's parents are.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 04:28 AM
ares834

Which was my biggest problem with the film. The Luke/Rey story line was compelling but completely OOC. I can also blame JJ for resetting the galaxy to ANH, and I do.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 04:32 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Honestly no major complaints.

It's gotta be a 10/10 then. It's not as if on every other 1-10 scale a decent movie would rate a 5 or 6. Lmao.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 04:51 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Great film.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 05:05 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Originally posted by Azronger
No spoilers, don't worry.

The first half was an ESB rehash in disguise. The second half was unique. Luke is a both a loser and a godlike badass (great homage to Dark Empire and EU Grandmaster Luke. Definitely the strongest Force user in Canon. Loved it). Leia was awesome. Snoke was a chump. Rey was an even bigger Mary Sue. Rose is the dumbest character ever. Finn was bland. Poe and Kylo were cool this time around though.

All in all, better than TFA. It had a chance to be a solid 7/10, but then they ruined it with one scene. I'd say maybe 4/10 in the end. Tied with AotC as the second worst Star Wars movie imo.
I agree for the most part, Az. But how is Luke the strongest Force user in canon? He did almost nothing impressive, and the one feat he does have isn't exactly super impressive.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 05:41 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Alright so I'm back from it...it was as I expected, it was decent, I felt some stuff dragged on a little too long, some scenes were nice and I liked the various animals. Some stuff though, was really...I don't wanna say I didn't like but I didn't hate either.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 08:06 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

No wonder Star Wars has become shit when supposed fans say there was nothing wrong with Luke's characterization. Dude goes from someone, who fights to redeem his father (who is literally space Hitler) to the end to a guy willing to assassinate his nephew in his sleep because he sensed some darkness in him.

You people will eat anything up as long as it has the Star Wars brand.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 08:08 AM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Psychotron
No wonder Star Wars has become shit when supposed fans say there was nothing wrong with Luke's characterization. Dude goes from someone, who fights to redeem his father (who is literally space Hitler) to the end to a guy willing to assassinate his nephew in his sleep because he sensed some darkness in him.

You people will eat anything up as long as it has the Star Wars brand.

Never said anything about Luke's character, but if you must know I really didn't like it. A far cry from his Legends counterpart and I knew I was gonna leave with a sour taste in my mouth.

Also I don't really much like all of the new Star Wars stuff either.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 08:12 AM
The Merchant

Lukes characterization was awful. Episode 6 Luke was a better Jedi Master than Post episode 6 Luke. He went from being able to see the good in one of the most powerful Dark Lords of the Sith that he has every right to hate, to giving in to a gut feeling that he should kill his nephew that hasn't done anything yet and try and curb the growing darkness he sensed. That's horrible writing.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 08:27 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote