KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » (No spoilers please) Did you like TLJ

Did you like TLJ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
I loved it 9 19.57%
I liked it 13 28.26%
It was ok 10 21.74%
I didn't like it 7 15.22%
I hated it 7 15.22%
Total: 46 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

(No spoilers please) Did you like TLJ
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Psychotron

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Merchant
Lukes characterization was awful. Episode 6 Luke was a better Jedi Master than Post episode 6 Luke. He went from being able to see the good in one of the most powerful Dark Lords of the Sith that he has every right to hate, to giving in to a gut feeling that he should kill his nephew that hasn't done anything yet and try and curb the growing darkness he sensed. That's horrible writing.

Agree 100%. Imagine if Yoda pulled that shit in ESB because Luke was brash and emotional like his father was.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Never said anything about Luke's character, but if you must know I really didn't like it. A far cry from his Legends counterpart and I knew I was gonna leave with a sour taste in my mouth.

Also I don't really much like all of the new Star Wars stuff either.

I wasn't referring to you specifically.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 09:05 AM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

some stuff i really liked like Lukes stance on the OG Jedi (a viewpoint ive always had myself) and the outcome of Reys meeting with Snoke and Kylo was great also but I could've done without the entire ending sequence and the films storyline between the First Order and the restistance TBH; that was bad storytelling

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 11:39 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Originally posted by Psychotron
No wonder Star Wars has become shit when supposed fans say there was nothing wrong with Luke's characterization. Dude goes from someone, who fights to redeem his father (who is literally space Hitler)[SPOILER - highlight to read]: to the end to a guy willing to assassinate his nephew in his sleep because he sensed some darkness in him.

You people will eat anything up as long as it has the Star Wars brand.

Originally posted by The Merchant
Lukes characterization was awful. Episode 6 Luke was a better Jedi Master than Post episode 6 Luke. He went from being able to see the good in one of the most powerful Dark Lords of the Sith that he has every right to hate, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: to giving in to a gut feeling that he should kill his nephew that hasn't done anything yet and try and curb the growing darkness he sensed. That's horrible writing.

I added spoiler tags to both of your posts, since reading a post title was too hard for both of you. What else was challenging for both of you? Paying attention to the film, apparently.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Luke does not give into a feeling to kill his nephew, nor was he willing to assassinate him. Kylo's perspective when he explains it to Rey when they are communicating through the force is that Luke was going to murder him and was in the middle of swinging at him, which we find out isn't true. How do we find this out? Later on, Luke tells Rey the truth and mentions that he (Luke) had a vision/sense about the horrible things Kylo would do (and the darkness inside of him) and had a "passing feeling" after igniting his saber that immediately went away, leaving him with "shame and guilt." Kylo wakes up, misunderstands it as Luke wanting to murder him, and then Kylo collapses the roof on Luke.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 11:55 AM
Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 02:08 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by The Lost
I added spoiler tags to both of your posts, since reading a post title was too hard for both of you. What else was challenging for both of you? Paying attention to the film, apparently.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Luke does not give into a feeling to kill his nephew, nor was he willing to assassinate him. Kylo's perspective when he explains it to Rey when they are communicating through the force is that Luke was going to murder him and was in the middle of swinging at him, which we find out isn't true. How do we find this out? Later on, Luke tells Rey the truth and mentions that he (Luke) had a vision/sense about the horrible things Kylo would do (and the darkness inside of him) and had a "passing feeling" after igniting his saber that immediately went away, leaving him with "shame and guilt." Kylo wakes up, misunderstands it as Luke wanting to murder him, and then Kylo collapses the roof on Luke.

If you actually believe that the Luke Skywalker from the OT would EVER [SPOILER - highlight to read]: approach his sister and best friend's son with a weapon drawn WHILE HE'S SLEEPING then you have no idea who Luke Skywalker is. A "passing feeling" is not an excuse. Luke would never do that, especially not to Leia's son.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 02:16 PM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by relentless1
some stuff i really liked like Lukes stance on the OG Jedi (a viewpoint ive always had myself) and the outcome of Reys meeting with Snoke and Kylo was great also but I could've done without the entire ending sequence and the films storyline between the First Order and the restistance TBH; that was bad storytelling

That bit with the FO and Resistance was just so terrible...the FO was so damn stupid...

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 02:41 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Looks like most people liked it so far, that's encouraging. About to go see it now!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Has a lower rotten tomatoes fan score than TPM and AOTC, I think.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Loved it.

Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Nephthys
Loved it.

thumb up

Neph, thoughts on Holdo and Poe's storyline?

I think it'll grow on me as time passes.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either. It was . . . okay.

Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

It was okay.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It's hard to judge because the movie has some of the best and most compelling moments I've ever seen in SW but it also has some of the worst.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 10:02 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 10:03 PM
Zenwolf

I’m expecting him to get court martialed and thrown in jail after all that happened in the next movie.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 10:04 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
thumb up

Neph, thoughts on Holdo and Poe's storyline?

I think it'll grow on me as time passes.

I liked it. I wasn't sure how it would go since initially I thought Poe would be wrong but then it seemed like she was either a traitor or a coward. So it kept me guessing and was a good character arc for Poe to take that pays off in the end.

Of course, I think it kind of falls apart when you ask why she didn't just tell everyone what their plan was from the start.... Worried about traitors?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 10:04 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Nephthys
I liked it. I wasn't sure how it would go since initially I thought Poe would be wrong but then it seemed like she was either a traitor or a coward. So it kept me guessing and was a good character arc for Poe to taken.

thumb up

quote:
Of course, I think it kind of falls apart when you ask why she didn't just tell everyone what their plan was from the start...

thumb up

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 10:06 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by ares834
It's hard to judge because the movie has some of the best and most compelling moments I've ever seen in SW but it also has some of the worst.

Agreed. When it shined it shined but when it failed it ****ing failed.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 10:09 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Nothing in the movie failed as hard any the prequels did. The worst you can say imo is that some parts felt unnecessary, you didn't like where the plot went or that theres some plot holes.

Even the parts I disliked, I wouldn't say were done badly. Everything in the film is very competent, unlike the prequels worst moments.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 10:26 PM
Gehenna
Sorgo

Originally posted by Psychotron
If you actually believe that the Luke Skywalker from the OT would EVER [SPOILER - highlight to read]: approach his sister and best friend's son with a weapon drawn WHILE HE'S SLEEPING then you have no idea who Luke Skywalker is. A "passing feeling" is not an excuse. Luke would never do that, especially not to Leia's son.

No, it's not an excuse. It's a reason. Also, why wouldn't Luke? Your statement about what Luke would or wouldn't do does not make sense. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Luke sensed an evil brewing in Kylo and knew he was already tainted by Snoke so he probably understands Snokes power and influence. He also apparently had a vision of what Kylo would do and what evil he would perform so Luke had a very brief MOMENT. How does that in ANY WAY translate to Luke "just sensing some darkness" in him and how is that Luke being "willing" to assassinate him? He had an incredibly brief moment like a "passing shadow" that he felt tremendous guilt about. Seems like exactly what some masters might do in that position. It also makes Luke a dynamic character instead of some perfect uber Jedi God that can make no mistakes.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 11:50 PM
Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote