KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » *major spoiler* Luke in TLS

*major spoiler* Luke in TLS
Started by: JediRobin23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

*major spoiler* Luke in TLS

When exactly did Luke transform into the force? Was it after he met Rey and somewhat trained her, then mediated and converted to the force......
Or was he a force ghost through the whole movie.....?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 05:37 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

At the very end. Kylo fought an illusion that Luke was projecting. Once he finished that, he realized his time was done and that it was time for him to become one with Force. And so he did.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 05:41 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I don’t think he was projecting an illusion. i believe he was a force ghost when fighting Kylo Ren

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 05:51 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

You're wrong. It was straight up an illusion. When he dies at the end, Leia and Rey both feel it and comment on it.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 05:55 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

So, what was the whole reasoning of Luke dying in the first place.......
If that jedis could project images of themselves across that galaxy now, why can’t they do that all the time......seems weird to me.
Luke didn’t have to transform into the force as he wasn’t that old unless he truly is a coward.....

We really never got to see Luke in a real lightsaber fight........

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 10:20 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

he obviously has a reason for doing so which will be revealed in ep9. probably similar to ben's reason in ANH.

my own theory is that force ghosts are able to influence and manipulate the powers of the living (so long as their will is aligned). so basically i think that when yoda blew up the tree, he was actually channeling luke's power and will. it was obvious that luke really wanted to burn that tree down just as it was obvious in anh that luke wanted nothing more than to score that torpedo hit and blow up the DS. i think yoda just helped to make that will a reality as ben did in anh. it's the only way i could ever rationalize ben's "if you strike me down now" line.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 15th, 2017 at 11:51 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 11:49 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I felt that they should have ended the movie right when Luke transformed into the force. They could have edited it to make it more soulful and sad, as well give respect to him. There was little feel in this movie other than humour really. The ending with that kid looking at the stars with a republic ring was lame and totally Disney like.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 12:52 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediRobin23
The ending with that kid looking at the stars with a republic ring was lame and totally Disney like.

1,000,000% agreed there. holy crap it was a really dumb way to end it. totally disney indeed.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Horrible....

Also, Obiwan failed in training Anakin, but had the balls to train another such as Luke.

Didn’t Luke learn that from his master......he barely trained Rey. All he did was help her meditate. Force ghosts never trained anybody, so how can he do it in episode 9 now....? She probably won’t become a Jedi now. Or what’s the point for her becoming a Jedi now anyway...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 01:41 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'm angry at this movie for not being 100% within my expectations' parameters.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Luke is extremely powerful and dies soon after projecting himself, so it seems clear to me why Jedi don't do it more often.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 09:14 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

i was looking forward to complaining about it being unoriginal and just another ESB, and they stole that from me.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 09:34 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

If the next film is not about Force Ghost Obi Wan destroying the First Order by himself and shit stomping Kylo without any kind of resolution to his plot, then I'll be disappointed.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i was looking forward to complaining about it being unoriginal and just another ESB, and they stole that from me.
Ugh, that did suck. I think what I hated most was how the movie got me to like and care about it's cast of characters. How it manipulated me into being invested in the story, and tricked me into feeling emotions associated with joy, tension, relief, and excitement.

What a shitty f*cking movie for not focusing on garbage CGI and shot-reverse-shot of semi-robotic, barely-real feeling "characters" who have no discernible qualities worthy of my investment as an audience member. Where were my beloved poop gags? Where was my cherished fart gag? Where was my disgusting simplistic "plot" that falls apart in logic within 4 lines of robotic, stale dialogue from wooden actors? These are the things that I deem QUALITY in a Star Wars movie!

Nobody even brutally melted in this absolutely worthless film, with it's piece of shit willingness to kill off with dignity and grace a classic character that people sign petitions over despite being a f*cking film for f*cks sake.

AND... nobody fell in retarded love with a psychopathic butcherer of children in TLJ! Worthless garbage movie. Worst film ever.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 06:08 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I think.........
It would have been ok to have Luke fight...:..
Then we could have complained about the other sh$t.....
But, for all us true fans..that is truly unacceptable

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 09:21 AM
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
1,000,000% agreed there. holy crap it was a really dumb way to end it. totally disney indeed.

So did you notice the kid grab the broom using the force?

The Moto Dork

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 10:22 AM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

Also, it seems clear that Luke died as a result of the projection. It took too much out of him.

The Moto Dork

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 10:25 AM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by cornponious
So did you notice the kid grab the broom using the force?
yes i did. and after a second viewing i realized he was an established secondary character. (i had gotten up to go pee during his scenes at my first viewing). still it felt too corney/disney and i still didn't like that it closed on a secondary character.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 08:12 PM