KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » (No spoilers please) Did you like TLJ

Did you like TLJ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
I loved it 9 19.57%
I liked it 13 28.26%
It was ok 10 21.74%
I didn't like it 7 15.22%
I hated it 7 15.22%
Total: 46 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

(No spoilers please) Did you like TLJ
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

After my first viewing, I liked the movie but was a little unsure overall. After the second viewing, my opinion on the movie lowered and now I'm just kind of wondering like, what is the point of this story? We've been through the fight against an oppressive Empire before. There's nothing really "new" happening except for tainting the accomplishments of the Rebellion and OT characters. I don't know, I want to like this trilogy (a lot) but it just feels so hollow.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 06:50 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

^I mean those are my biggest gripes with the entire premise of the sequel trilogy. There is way too much hand waving involved to make the plot make sense. The New Republic happening to have their entire armada parked in the Hosnian system is a convenient way for Plotkiller base to reset the status quo with a single firing of its laser.

The First Order being able to sweep in and take over the galaxy in a matter of hours (days?)is retarded not to mention wildly inconsistent with the fact that most of these planets have militias (even Naboo a peaceful planet had a significant militia). When the Death Star destroyed Alderaan it galvanized the galaxy against the Empire, but Starkiller Base nukes the capital of this New Republic and they simper and are ready to bend the knee.

Political side effects have essentially been handwaved. They are so desperate to restore the status quo they have even abandoned calling the Resistance and calling them Rebels. Also...they keep saying they want to restore the Republic...soooo would they call it the New New Republic? Also totally unbelievable Leia would have zero allies in the Outer Rim to aide her. They could have at least added a line like "there are several fleets engaged in battle with the First Order".

What's quite interesting is that in spite of bulldozing through the legacy of the OT to mold the plot rather unnaturally or believably, they still managed to end up with a fairly convoluted movie.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:10 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

The worst SW movie. I would even call this a poor/average movie on its own if it wasn't tied to SW in any way.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:19 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
A toad? Wtf does that mean?

One of those redpill pieces of shit who whines that feminazi's and SJW's are ruining their Star Wars. You're better than that.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 12:42 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

He's not. sad

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 01:00 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Nephthys
One of those redpill pieces of shit who whines that feminazi's and SJW's are ruining their Star Wars. You're better than that.

(please log in to view the image)

In all seriousness nah, they haven't ruined Star Wars, but being redpilled to the bullshit of the neoprogressive movement doesn't make me a piece of shit.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on Dec 17th, 2017 at 05:02 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Beniboybling
He's not. sad

Apparently so.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm sorry I recognize intersectional social justice for the cancer it is.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:33 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wasn't really bothered by any SJW messages in the movie as I didn't really see anything obvious. Yeah we had chubby Asian girl acting a bit bold and feminazi/Ellen captain Holdo, but I didn't see any imbalances in power. Rey didn't come off as a Mary Sue in this film.

Edit: was kinda irked by chubby cheeks kissing Finn. Not sure why they had to put that it in and it felt out of place for a SW film. The love stories between Han and Leia and Padme and Anakin were cringey enough. We don't need this casual love stuff.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:43 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Kurk
I wasn't really bothered by any SJW messages in the movie as I didn't really see anything obvious. Yeah we had chubby Asian girl acting a bit bold and feminazi/Ellen captain Holdo, but I didn't see any imbalances in power. Rey didn't come off as a Mary Sue in this film.

Edit: was kinda irked by chubby cheeks kissing Finn. Not sure why they had to put that it in and it felt out of place for a SW film. The love stories between Han and Leia and Padme and Anakin were cringey enough. We don't need this casual love stuff.

At least the former two had some kind of buildup, this one came out from nowhere! They could have at least worked on it a little bit.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 06:06 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

it was very hard to sit through

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 02:29 AM
Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Terrible movie. It wasn't just a shit Star Wars movie but a terrible one in general. Like wtf? I've seen plenty of movies that I thought were somewhat terrible but I could sit through and had some good parts like JLA, but this was legit crap. Terrible writing, poor script, pointless side plots, huge plot holes and don't even get me started on the shitting of everything Star Wars holds dear.

I was half expecting the Admiral to turn to the screen and scold the audience on how fictional male heroes who are badass and live up to the high ideals we expect of them are stupid. Everything we liked about Star Wars is stupid. We need to let it all go and burn. It's time for something new. There is no place for legacies, a nobody is special. The old ways are dead, perfect male heroes we aspire to aren't real and it's time to accept that. Such a deep movie with a sound analysis. **** off. It's like something a second year film year came up and thought was ground breaking.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It was a Star Wars movie without a single light sabre fight and had Leia fly through outer space like Superman. Not a SINGLE one! Wtf? I want my 2.5 hours back. I WISH I liked this movie, I'm jealous of those who did. I'm almost upset I didn't enjoy this POS. I don't understand how it's possible some do but some people also enjoy getting suffocated, I've learned that sometimes people are just odd.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Dec 18th, 2017 at 03:31 AM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I've learned that sometimes people are just odd.

Likewise.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 04:19 AM
Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Yeah I really want to like this movie but so much of it just sucks erm

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 04:21 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

I'm trying to look for positives but it doesn't even have [SPOILER - highlight to read]: a single lightsabre fight. I can overlook all the other shit like the lack of world building, the lack of grandeur that you feel in Star Wars (No longer this massive Galaxy far far away a long time ago with many intricate parts coming together) but it didn't have a single lightsabre fight in a movie with Luke (And they shit on his character). Someone explain that to me. WTH man. And the one fight we had was so meh. I would also like to remind people Rey has known about the Force for less than two weeks right? Wow, I wish my parents were nobody junkies so I could also prove that in a world built on of legacies and powerful last names, humble beginnings can lead to greatness. This old hierarchies of the patriarchal society need to go. So deep, so thought provoking, it's making me reflect on the real world. God forbid we want to escape and watch a fantasy epic of a great hero with a powerful legacy overcoming evil. Smh. **** off.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 05:16 AM
Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

2nd best Star Wars film to date and people as usual are overreacting in their vitriol. Opinions vary, sports.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 06:40 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by The Lost
Likewise.
laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 07:08 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by quanchi112
2nd best Star Wars film to date and people as usual are overreacting in their vitriol. Opinions vary, sports.

Can people not simply think a movie is garbage without it being labeled overreaction?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 01:08 PM
Haschwalth

Even Mark Hamill hated how they portrayed his character.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 01:11 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Can people not simply think a movie is garbage without it being labeled overreaction?
Saying they wish they had their 2 and a half hours back is being pretty dramatic. I suggest rewatching it because it improves on rewatches. I'm not saying this film is perfect and I wouldn't have went in a different direction but it boldly went someone completely brand spanking new. And every single line uttered by Snoke was delivered with perfect execution. Snoke has THE greatest Star Wars voice to date IMO.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 01:19 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote