KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » (No spoilers please) Did you like TLJ

Did you like TLJ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
I loved it 9 19.57%
I liked it 13 28.26%
It was ok 10 21.74%
I didn't like it 7 15.22%
I hated it 7 15.22%
Total: 46 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

(No spoilers please) Did you like TLJ
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
I suggest rewatching it because it improves on rewatches. \

thumb up x 1000

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 01:32 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah that’s basically what’s happened with me.

I still have issues, but after a 3rd viewing I can’t deny that I like this film.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 01:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Admit you were wrong about Snoke and he's utterly fantastic, D. Thor. Admit every line he delivers is nothing short of perfection.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 01:40 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

It was good.
Not perfect, but Johnson did a good job for how hamstrung he was.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 01:44 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I watched it pretty much back to back yesterday after seeing it Thursday. Going to wait and finally catch it in 3D in a week or so. It's like Looper it dramatically improves upon rewatches. That's a sign of a great film to me.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 01:50 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Who has this kind of time on their hands. sad

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 01:54 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I'm pretty sure at this point that people will prefer TLJ to TFA once the dust has settled. Yes, there is questionable stuff in the film but not on par with the worse of the PT.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 01:56 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Who has this kind of time on their hands. sad
Anyone with a night off and who loves Snoke and Star Wars. It must be depressing not to have five uninterrupted hours all to yourself. I do hope your dreary existence improves.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 02:02 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

sad

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 02:03 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Admit you were wrong about Snoke and he's utterly fantastic, D. Thor. Admit every line he delivers is nothing short of perfection.

I admit he was really entertaining.

Originally posted by The_Tempest
It was good.

Yeah a lot of the weaknesses stem back from TFA.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 02:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

I suggest rewatching it because it improves on rewatches.

I'll have to go see it again then. Hopefully you're right

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

^You're going to watch a movie you didn't enjoy the first time hoping it won't be as bad or you'll like it more? Da fuq. Save your money and don't reward them for making a POS.

Saying they wish they had their 2 and a half hours back is being pretty dramatic. I suggest rewatching it because it improves on rewatches. I'm not saying this film is perfect and I wouldn't have went in a different direction but it boldly went someone completely brand spanking new. And every single line uttered by Snoke was delivered with perfect execution. Snoke has THE greatest Star Wars voice to date IMO.

That's you're reasoning for it not being a shit film? Go watch it a few more times and you'll grow to tolerate it more? Well no duh. I'm sure the 20th time someone gets a d*ck up their ass in prison, it doesn't hurt as bad as the first one. You can tolerate anything eventually, doesn't mean you should. thumb down

Yes, Snoke was my favorite part of the movie. It felt like we had an actual Force user on screen. Too bad he died like a random user.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 02:06 AM
Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
^You're going to watch a movie you didn't enjoy the first time hoping it won't be as bad or you'll like it more? Da fuq. Save your money and don't reward them for making a POS.

That's you're reasoning for it not being a shit film? Go watch it a few more times and you'll grow to tolerate it more? Well no duh. I'm sure the 20th time someone gets a d*ck up their ass in prison, it doesn't hurt as bad as the first one. You can tolerate anything eventually, doesn't mean you should. thumb down

Yes, Snoke was my favorite part of the movie. It felt like we had an actual Force user on screen. Too bad he died like a random user.
I am saying it improves. Other posters have agreed with me. This is the second best Star Wars film to me and there's a possibility it could overtake Rots. Both are so enjoyable upon rewatches it's a crime.

You aren't paying attention. Just because the emperor was killed by Vader without the force or a lightsaber by Vader doesn't mean he isn't extremely powerful. Snoke's dialogue, his voice, his look, how he mocked everyone who drew his ire is the stuff of legends.

We have never seen someone outright dominate characters with force power that scares Luke Skywalker. He was beyond direct conflict.

Snoke is by far my favorite Star Wars character ever but Kylo is a step up from Vader to me both in terms of his direction, his evil, and his lightsaber is still the coolest one ever seen in the entire Star Wars mythos. Just watch it again. Trust me.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:02 AM
Rebel95

Looks like most people liked it overall. I still need to see it again to decide whether I liked it or not

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 06:47 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by The_Tempest
It was good.
Wasn't really all that handstrung- he re-wrote swaths of the script at will.

As an example, did you know that in the original script the code-breaker subplot was supposed to be a buddy cop adventure between Poe and Finn? Rian scrapped it right before filming and created Rose because he felt that Poe and Finn "didn't have enough conflict".

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Wasn't really all that handstrung- he re-wrote swaths of the script at will.

As an example, did you know that in the original script the code-breaker subplot was supposed to be a buddy cop adventure between Poe and Finn? Rian scrapped it right before filming and created Rose because he felt that Poe and Finn "didn't have enough conflict".

I meant by the premise of the ST in general and TFA in particular.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 09:57 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you can't get out of Luke running away like that after it was established. Might as well do something interesting with it.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, you can't get out of Luke running away like that after it was established. Might as well do something interesting with it.

👍

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 10:05 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I have no idea at all what you guys are referring to, as I jumped into the conversation blindly. But that's fair.

Its interesting that Luke's writing is the most controversial aspect of the film. I borderline despise the movie but Luke seemed totally fine to me. The only thing that was stupid is the event that prompted his exile.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 11:13 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Tzeentch
The only thing that was stupid is the event that prompted his exile.

His whole reason for going into hiding is kind of a big deal though. And it’s what even Mark Hamill couldn’t wrap his head around.

His acting was great though.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2017 01:18 AM