KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Mark Hamill: "He's not my Luke Skywalker."

Mark Hamill: "He's not my Luke Skywalker."
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Mark Hamill: "He's not my Luke Skywalker."

Last edited by Azronger on Dec 20th, 2017 at 02:28 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 02:24 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It is canon so deal with it, fanboys. I am always amused by how fanboys want to block out reality when it doesn't jive with their ideas.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:26 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Re: Mark Hamill: "He's not my Luke Skywalker."

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EIY-PsHrj9A

Not mine either.

And it doesn't have to be. It's for a new Generation which we don't understand. Disneys Marketing people know what they are doing in order to make money. That's the business.

They don't need us old fans, so we should move on. Leave the new SW for the new gen. We don't have to follow it, watch it or buy it, we have enough other Worlds to Explore.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:52 PM
Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by quanchi112
It is canon so deal with it, fanboys. I am always amused by how fanboys want to block out reality when it doesn't jive with their ideas.

This is a value judgment, we're not in the vs. forum lol.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:54 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I love that Hamill actually has passion for the character and isn’t simply sipping the Disney kool aid.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 04:07 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

"If he made a mistake, he would try to right that wrong."

Word. That right there is in a nutshell the reason why this version of Luke is incompatible with the one we saw in ROTJ.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 04:35 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
"If he made a mistake, he would try to right that wrong."

Word. That right there is in a nutshell the reason why this version of Luke is incompatible with the one we saw in ROTJ.
Experiences change people. Luke was changed by what occurred after Rotj. For ****s sake this is just human development 101.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 05:10 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

#NotMyLuke

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 05:40 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834
I love that Hamill actually has passion for the character and isn’t simply sipping the Disney kool aid.

thumb up

Honestly if I could hang out with one Star Wars actor for the day it'd be him, no question.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 05:46 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Has Mark ever said about reading the books or comics involving Luke?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 05:54 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by quanchi112
Experiences change people. Luke was changed by what occurred after Rotj. For ****s sake this is just human development 101.
No, good writing changes people. There was none here. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. If you wanna make Luke Skywalker into the pathetic figure we saw in this movie, you have to do a hell of lot more than simply say "he's changed."

You have to show the audience what made Luke give up on the level optimism he was willing to express for even the likes of Darth ****ing Vader, a real and actual dark lord of the sith, in ROTJ. Luke saw no good in Kylo? Yet the movie itself shows Kylo unable to kill Leia after becoming a Sith Lord? Yet Snoke himself is shown telling us he's blatantly conflicted? You mean to tell me Luke couldn't see any of that BEFORE the dude became Snoke's apprentice? Bullsh-t, movie! Complete bullsh-t. laughing out loud

You have to show the audience why Luke doesn't decide to take it upon himself to right the wrong he has committed in unleashing Kylo Ren on the galaxy and letting him kill the other apprentices. At best, the movie was able to establish why he's a grumpy old gray Jedi dude who has doubts about the Jedi philosophy (i.e. Jolee Bindo), but there was nothing about his situation that supported him going to an island for 30 years and giving up completely. That's complete and total bullsh-t. laughing out loud

Last edited by Dark-Kenshin on Dec 20th, 2017 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 05:55 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

He was on the island for at max, a couple of years or so.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 07:05 PM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Zenwolf

He said his son reads them all and told him he has a wife and is uber powerful

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 07:08 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
He said his son reads them all and told him he has a wife and is uber powerful

Neat, I always like it when actors get into their character outside the movies, like Christopher Reeves with Superman.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 07:13 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Neat, I always like it when actors get into their character outside the movies, like Christopher Reeves with Superman.

Reeves and Superman
Hamill and Luke

The directors chose wisely when choosing those actors. They live up to what the portray.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 07:18 PM
Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
No, good writing changes people. There was none here. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. If you wanna make Luke Skywalker into the pathetic figure we saw in this movie, you have to do a hell of lot more than simply say "he's changed."
Iyo not mine. He failed Ben and in his failure helped his descent into the dark side. That's an experience traumatic enough to bring about change., you probably don't understand how human development works. Luke was always kind of pathetic. He threw his saber down after he trounced Vader. This is subjective and your sensitive feelings are hurt. I enjoy your pain.

quote:

You have to show the audience what made Luke give up on the level optimism he was willing to express for even the likes of Darth ****ing Vader, a real and actual dark lord of the sith, in ROTJ. Luke saw no good in Kylo? Yet the movie itself shows Kylo unable to kill Leia after becoming a Sith Lord? Yet Snoke himself is shown telling us he's blatantly conflicted? You mean to tell me Luke couldn't see any of that BEFORE the dude became Snoke's apprentice? Bullsh-t, movie! Complete bullsh-t. laughing out loud

[/B]
We see it. His own actions in standing over Ben with his lightsaber drawn. He felt shame and failed him. He saw a scared boy who was scared of him. Luke's fear overshadowed his judgment but he wasn't going to go through with it. No one is all knowing the movie holds your ****inf hand into the point that it's ok to fail to grow. Luke failed but he also learned by his own failures.

Snoke has no doubt in himself whereas Luke does. Luke doubted the Jedi and mocked them for their failures. I ****ing loved it and have been mocking you Jedi fans for years. They were chalk full of failure especially Yoda.

quote:

You have to show the audience why Luke doesn't decide to take it upon himself to right the wrong he has committed in unleashing Kylo Ren on the galaxy and letting him kill the other apprentices. At best, the movie was able to establish why he's a grumpy old gray Jedi dude who has doubts about the Jedi philosophy (i.e. Jolee Bindo), but there was nothing about his situation that supported him going to an island for 30 years and giving up completely. That's complete and total bullsh-t. laughing out loud [/B]
He believed the Jedi should end. He learned about the importance of failure and how someone can grow from it. You didn't like the film I loved it. Relax you aren't the director nor was Mark.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 09:20 PM
LordOfTheLight

The level of immaturity here is cringeworthy.

I would naturally assume that trolling is being done, but I doubt that any troll is persistent enough.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 10:09 PM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
The level of immaturity here is cringeworthy.

I would naturally assume that trolling is being done, but I doubt that any troll is persistent enough.
Yeah, what's wrong with these guys. I'm glad someone else sees their immaturity too.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 10:11 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

As Ant said, he said his son has read everything, although he referenced Mara Jade by name in a different interview.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 03:13 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Re: Mark Hamill: "He's not my Luke Skywalker."

Originally posted by Azronger
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EIY-PsHrj9A

Not mine either.

He's right on every point. This whole thing feels like big budget fan fiction.

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
A Disneys Marketing people know what they are doing in order to make money. That's the business.

And they failed. The audience hates the movie and it has a bigger BO dropoff than BvS and the toy sales are underperforming. All the good will they generated with TFA is gone now. The Han Solo movie looks like a train wreck too, so by the time IX rolls around people will be suffering from Star Wars fatigue. Turns out purposefully alienating your core fanbase for a group of people who don't watch Star Wars is not a good business strategy.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 11:04 AM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote