KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » So - How powerful is Snoke, exactly?

So - How powerful is Snoke, exactly?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It's almost like people watch these movies about space wizards and robots, and... take them way too f*cking seriously... It's almost like people who spend all their time arguing about which fictional person is better at swinging not-real laser swords at other fictional people... care way too f*cking much about those things I just said.

Did you know I have over 23,000 posts here over 12 years? Every single one of them is me not wasting my life arguing about a fandom that makes other people rich.

I guess calling yourself out on your hypocrisy 9 mile style is a clever move.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 03:11 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rebel95
Between Dooku and Vader
That's either a really large or really small gap depending on the person.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 03:11 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It's almost like people watch these movies about space wizards and robots, and... take them way too f*cking seriously... It's almost like people who spend all their time arguing about which fictional person is better at swinging not-real laser swords at other fictional people... care way too f*cking much about those things I just said.

Did you know I have over 23,000 posts here over 12 years? Every single one of them is me not wasting my life arguing about a fandom that makes other people rich.

Says the one getting visibly angry over this ....

If you're gonna be a dick to people and start lecturing them on why you think that people on a ****ing EU Star Wars Forum are taking their discussions seriously ... wtf.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 03:12 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by Kurk
That's either a really large or really small gap depending on the person.

Vader's definitely more powerful than Dooku, but not by a lot. It'd be a hell of a fight.

And I'm only speaking in terms of power since obviously Snoke doesn't use a lightsaber.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by The Ellimist
I guess calling yourself out on your hypocrisy 9 mile style is a clever move.
I know, right? I'm really proud of that one.

Originally posted by samappo
Says the one getting visibly angry over this ....

If you're gonna be a dick to people and start lecturing them on why you think that people on a ****ing EU Star Wars Forum are taking their discussions seriously ... wtf.
Don't say f*ck, it makes you look visibly angry despite not being visible.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 03:20 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

Yes sir, spank me harder.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 03:22 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'll get my cane and some Vaseline.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 03:25 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Heath Ledger and Liam Neeson?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 03:26 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The most powerful force user we have ever seen in the films, clearly. Snoke truly is worthy of the title supreme.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 03:28 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I'm withholding judgement until I read the novel.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 03:30 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by AncientPower

thumb up

Personally, I can't decide if he's sub Maul or greater than Palpatine, rofl.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 03:31 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Yep, we need way more context and far less interpretation.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 03:34 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Yep, we need way more context and far less interpretation.

Agreed thumb up it's fun to speculate though

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 03:48 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Snoke>ESB Luke.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 03:54 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Yeah there's nothing (much) stopping the author from saying "Snoke is even more powerful than Palpatine", but as of now the evidence doesn't support it.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 03:55 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Even if that happens, how seriously are we taking that? The adaptations aren't even Canon in the respect "Canon" is described by the Story Group as content that future works are beholden to, yet these adaptations aren't. There's an entire scene in The Force Awakens novel where Rey and Poe Dameron meet, yet they don't meet for the first time until The Last Jedi. The Last Jedi could write how Snoke is the Son of Mortis resurrected but that doesn't mean it has any weight.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 04:26 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Above TPM Maul, below CW Maul.

So, anyone want to tell me what guys like Maul, Kenobi, or Dooku have done that's in the league of taking two force users in seperate parts of the galaxy, and then physically bridging them?

Telekinesis isn't the only kind of feat you know.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 07:48 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

^ He's got a point. Far beyond Maul/Dooku or even Vader level for sure, at least that specific feat is.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 08:09 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Arguably, yes.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 08:14 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Even if that happens, how seriously are we taking that? The adaptations aren't even Canon in the respect "Canon" is described by the Story Group as content that future works are beholden to, yet these adaptations aren't. There's an entire scene in The Force Awakens novel where Rey and Poe Dameron meet, yet they don't meet for the first time until The Last Jedi. The Last Jedi could write how Snoke is the Son of Mortis resurrected but that doesn't mean it has any weight.

Yep. I’d take novelisation Canon with a grain of salt.

But tbh that might extend to most of the novels and comics. Even source books. They’re just good for greater insight it seems.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 11:06 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote