KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » So - How powerful is Snoke, exactly?

So - How powerful is Snoke, exactly?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Lmao the First Order has like thirty star destroyers in total

Is this stated in the VD?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 26th, 2017 12:47 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

According to some posters here yeah but i could be wrong

Old Post Dec 26th, 2017 12:48 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

I'm also not really seeing how Snoke's admiration for Vader implies that Snoke is inferior. Hell, Snoke wanted Kylo to become the next Vader, but ultimately still have Kylo under his thumb.

We saw how he was keeping Kylo in check though. With his personal guards as back up. Like Han Solo warns Kylo in TFA, Snoke would have betrayed him as soon as he got what he wanted from him.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2017 02:22 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Well if full-potential Kylo really were stronger than Luke I don't think those guards would've stopped him, but yeah.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2017 03:23 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Is this stated in the VD?

The TLJ VD says thirty Star Destroyers are pursuing the Resistance.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2017 03:27 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by Darth Thor
We saw how he was keeping Kylo in check though. With his personal guards as back up. Like Han Solo warns Kylo in TFA, Snoke would have betrayed him as soon as he got what he wanted from him.

I have no doubt that Kylo would eventually surpass Snoke, especially if he is supposed to surpass Luke, as Ellimist said. But Kylo becoming the next Vader and being under Snoke's thumb =/= reaching his full potential and murdering Luke, imo.

Again, we explicitly see in the movie how Kylo's equal and Snoke compare in terms of applicable power. The idea that current!Ren is on par with or even close to Snoke is a bit unfounded, imo.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 26th, 2017 03:30 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I have no doubt that Kylo would eventually surpass Snoke, especially if he is supposed to surpass Luke, as Ellimist said. But Kylo becoming the next Vader and being under Snoke's thumb =/= reaching his full potential and murdering Luke, imo.

So we both agree that at some point Snoke was gonna have a problem with Kylo’s full potential either way, whether that potential is more Vader level or whether it’s more Luke level.

However the goal seems to have been to get him to Vader level, use his powers to help destroy Luke, and then eventually kill Kylo.

Given he was already using back up to keep Kylo in check, it seems to go without saying he would have used all the resources at hand to destroy Kylo when he was of no further use.

It’s obvious Snoke wasn’t following the Rule of Two, finding his most powerful potential successor, given he had no interest in Rey.

Again, we explicitly see in the movie how Kylo's equal and Snoke compare in terms of applicable power. The idea that current!Ren is on par with or even close to Snoke is a bit unfounded, imo.

Again I just don’t agree that Rey was already Ren’s equal as of TFA or TLJ.

In raw power and potential? Sure. But without sufficient training and practice she can’t be IMO.

I also question the “huge gap” between Snoke and Kylo when Snoke uses his guards as back up to aid him in keeping Kylo in check, and when Kylo was able to sucker punch Snoke whilst Snoke was actively reading his mind. Especially when Snoke’s TP abilities are amongst of his greatest showings that people keep harping on about.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2017 03:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Lmao the First Order has like thirty star destroyers in total, the Republic had like several thousand above Coruscant in the opening RotS scene alone, let alone the larger imperial star fleet.
And ? It depends on what you use your might on. As I said their forces are clearly outnumbered but this doesn't come down to the size of your navy but more or less the might of your forces.

Starkiller is going to annihilate five huge targets they select at will. The destroyers weren't what was impressive in the empire it was the Death Stars that struck fear throughout the galaxy. Their tech is also superior to the empire's so it isn't just *** for tat. Hell, we see Ewoks mount a defense against their Stormtroopers guarding the force field to the Death Star.

Their weapon of mass destruction is going to carve the empire up. In Star Wars we see how pivotal just a few characters like Anakin and Kenobi were in Rots. It has never been about the numerical advantage. The rebellion was clearly less powerful and less organized than the First Order and they came out on top.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2017 04:55 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by quanchi112
And ? It depends on what you use your might on. As I said their forces are clearly outnumbered but this doesn't come down to the size of your navy but more or less the might of your forces.

Yeah and even if the FO has an advantage one vs. one there is no evidence that they can win like 1000 to 1 odds, so they still lose.

quote:

Starkiller is going to annihilate five huge targets they select at will.

Well yeah, we're not talking about Starkiller base.

quote:
In Star Wars we see how pivotal just a few characters like Anakin and Kenobi were in Rots. It has never been about the numerical advantage.

Lol that's a silly analogy, unless if every FO stormtrooper is a high-level Force user or Kylo Ren is going to start taking out star destroyers or something.

quote:
The rebellion was clearly less powerful and less organized than the First Order and they came out on top.

?? The rebellion is losing as of TLJ, but I wouldn't be surprised if when they win in episode 9 they'll do so with far fewer resources than the original Alliance in the OT, so yeah. thumb up

Old Post Dec 26th, 2017 05:32 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Yeah and even if the FO has an advantage one vs. one there is no evidence that they can win like 1000 to 1 odds, so they still lose.

Well yeah, we're not talking about Starkiller base.

Lol that's a silly analogy, unless if every FO stormtrooper is a high-level Force user or Kylo Ren is going to start taking out star destroyers or something.

?? The rebellion is losing as of TLJ, but I wouldn't be surprised if when they win in episode 9 they'll do so with far fewer resources than the original Alliance in the OT, so yeah. thumb up
A dreadnought is a fleet killer. They were so advanced in every fashion it isn't going to be a numbers game.

I am talking about the entirety of the First Order not just their navies. I have always said as much. In an all out war the First Order would hammer the empire.

Killing key characters like Tarkin, Vader, and Palpatine would clearly make a difference.

They are going to clearly inspire more. We have never seen circumstances so grim for them to be pinned on one planet and to have no way out save a Luke stalling tactic.

When it's all said and done the First Order would win a war after their trilogy is complete with the empire.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2017 08:44 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

On a side-note, I just checked Snoke's wookieepedia entry, and in the powers and abilities section it literally says he "effortlessly ragdolled" Rey. laughing out loud

Fess up, who here wrote that? smile

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 08:55 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

The empire has Thrawn. End of debate.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 02:38 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by samappo
The empire has Thrawn. End of debate.
Overrated.

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 02:39 AM
samappo

Rather have Thrawn instead of Hux xD

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 02:40 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by samappo
Rather have Thrawn instead of Hux xD
Really ?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 02:48 AM
samappo

Are you serious ?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 05:58 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

No, he's trolling.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 06:15 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

The space battles were just lolworthy anyway, with the brilliant idea of dropping bombs right above targets like WW1 and a plot-breaking light speed ramming that nobody's ever thought of before.

I was wondering why she didn't shoot her ship at lightspeed the second I found out she was intending o sacrifice herself.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 06:30 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

Look, I can understand if she took down Snoke's ship, but the entire fleet? Why aren't there AI controlled cruisers programmed to do that ? Come on.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 06:34 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It's almost like Star Wars has been inherently silly and limited in scope from the very get-go...

But then what have I been literally devoting my life to all these years? Oh no...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 10:10 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote