KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Mark Hamill: "He's not my Luke Skywalker."

Mark Hamill: "He's not my Luke Skywalker."
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Back to topic, Mark Hamill regrets his criticisms:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ywalker-1070418

laughing out loud
(please log in to view the image)

Forbidden image. eek!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 03:14 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

They could have done a Luke who was still positive but not cliche like in the OT.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 02:36 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

rian johnson did well with what he was given by his predecessor.

TFA fcked shitup, but TLJ made things a bit better

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 04:04 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Who the fuck cares? Are people so insecure they desperately need validation from someone else for their perspective on a film?

It's interesting to see Hamill's input but it ends there. Form your own goddamn opinions and stop trying to use Hamill's apparent partial displeasure of Luke's direction as "evidence" that TLJ is bad. All I've seen is cookie-cutter rehashed criticisms from reddit comments, FB posts, and God knows where else. Boring, boring, boring.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 07:07 AM
Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It's butthurt fans wanting this film to desperately fail because their feelings are hurt. Nothing more.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 03:41 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
rian johnson did well with what he was given by his predecessor.

TFA fcked shitup, but TLJ made things a bit better

thumb up

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 04:55 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Perceptive Mark:

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by The Lost
All I've seen is cookie-cutter rehashed criticisms from reddit comments, FB posts, and God knows where else. Boring, boring, boring.

Same goes for those defending the film, whaddya know LOL!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Originally posted by Trocity
Same goes for those defending the film, whaddya know LOL!

Firstly, this does nothing to address the abysmal critiquing I've seen toward TLJ (close to a tu quoque here, basically) and honestly? I haven't seen many terrible arguments defending the film. Most of the people defending it are either correcting legitimate errors in criticisms [SPOILER - highlight to read]: (like that Luke was trying to kill Kylo) or explaining their perspective on why certain aspects of the film function greatly and serve to build a solid film with as much of a unique identity as it can have in an already established universe.

However, I have seen some awful defending, like I've seen awful criticisms. It's just I've seen one way more consistently than the other.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 12:26 AM
Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bentley
Failed to kill his mamma while Vader managed to kill his wife. Both are pathetic on their own way, but Kylo is no youngling genocide.
The point is the intent. Vader never intended to kill his wife. She died because she's an emotional weakling. Lost the will to live. Kylo is far more evil than the Jedi turning Darth Vader.

Luke turned him. How did Han fare when he tried to turn Ben ?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 12:52 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Still not sure why people consider The Force Awakens better. From what I saw, TLJ actually contributed something new to the lore, had vastly better villains, more potentially iconic moments, better dialogue, cooler lightsaber fights, better action sequences, and a performance/ character arc from Mark Hamil/Luke that TFA lacked.

What exactly did TFA exceed TLJ in?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 09:16 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Still not sure why people consider The Force Awakens better. From what I saw, TLJ actually contributed something new to the lore, had vastly better villains, more potentially iconic moments, better dialogue, cooler lightsaber fights, better action sequences, and a performance/ character arc from Mark Hamil/Luke that TFA lacked.

thumb up

It’s imitation prowess.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 09:19 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Psychotron
He's right on every point. This whole thing feels like big budget fan fiction.

And they failed. The audience hates the movie and it has a bigger BO dropoff than BvS and the toy sales are underperforming. All the good will they generated with TFA is gone now. The Han Solo movie looks like a train wreck too, so by the time IX rolls around people will be suffering from Star Wars fatigue. Turns out purposefully alienating your core fanbase for a group of people who don't watch Star Wars is not a good business strategy.

"Pulling off the three-peat is Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which brought in $52.4 million in its third weekend to raise its domestic total to $517.1 million. Initially (especially after the 69 percent second weekend drop), there was some concern Episode VIII would underwhelm (relatively speaking) commercially, but those concerns are hardly warranted. The Last Jedi has quickly become the highest-grossing film of 2017 in the United States and the latest member of the $1 billion club. This marks the third consecutive time a Star Wars movie has crossed that plateau globally, as the revived franchise has earned back the $4 billion Disney spent on Lucasfilm just in ticket sales alone. With The Last Jedi topping fellow Mouse House blockbuster Beauty and the Beast, it has now been three straight years the Star Wars series has won the #1 spot on the yearly box office chart."

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-la...office-jumanji/

I told you so, loser. Reality is truly great at times and your misery and emotional pain being the cherry on top of my Star Wars sundae.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 02:57 PM
Zenwolf

The villains were essentially the same though? Plus there wasn't really an actual lightsaber fight, I mean you can stretch it to Kylo vs Luke if you really want but it didn't really seem like one.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jan 1st, 2018 at 04:00 PM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 03:58 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote