KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Worst Character in The Last Jedi?

Which Character Sucked The Most?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Vice Admiral Gender Studies 4 18.18%
Luke Skywalker 2 9.09%
Poor Man's Palpatine 1 4.55%
The Emo Man-Child 0 0%
Rose 'The New Jar Jar Affirmative Action Hire ' Tico 12 54.55%
Cheap Negroid Han Solo 1 4.55%
The Uninspiring, Dreary Mary Sue Whose Name I've Forgotten 0 0%
Other (Specify Below) 2 9.09%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Worst Character in The Last Jedi?
Started by: Not_a_sock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Stark
It's honestly crazy how I don't even like this film but I've in many ways had to turn into a staunch defender of it because half the critiques leveled against it are just wanton bigotry masked as shallow critique.
Pathetic, yeah.

And the point of Rose was to act as a foil for Finn over the course of the Canto Bight arc, and give him something to care about other than Rey. Was she super plot relevant? Not really. As a character though, perfectly likeable.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

So many to pick from...

Probably Rose, yeah.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 10:37 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Pathetic, yeah.

And the point of Rose was to act as a foil for Finn over the course of the Canto Bight arc, and give him something to care about other than Rey. Was she super plot relevant? Not really. As a character though, perfectly likeable.

A very poorly developed foil, yes.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by Beniboybling
As a character though, perfectly likeable.

Probably the most retarded thing you ever said.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 11:21 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

From you I'll take that as a compliment.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 11:29 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I liked Rose a lot. Holdo's probably my least favorite SW character, though.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 11:55 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Rose's kiss to Finn was one of the most random cringe moments in cinema IMO.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 11:55 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayne
Revanite

Rose made me want to kill myself, ngl.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:09 AM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Oh come on! We get it you like the ST, but it's not flawless, and Rose was a sub-Jar Jar character.

(please log in to view the image)

How?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 12:18 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I chose "other" just so I could point out that only R2D2 was the ONLY character they got RIGHT in this POS Movie.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 01:18 AM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Nephthys
I don't really see what was so bad about Rose. A lot of racist, sexist bs floating around about her, disgustingly. I have to admit that I was also ignorant about the character by saying shes only in to sell in China (the actress is American and her parents were from Vietnam) but she was overall a good character imo.

I suspect its just a casualty of so many not getting the point of that subplot.
Weak and unbelievable character development and a sub-plot that did nothing to improve the quality of the film as a whole.

You not getting it is to be expected. As you already basically admitted, your identity politics compels you to think she's a good character.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 02:05 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
We all got the point of the subplot, but there are ways to explore such a point without going on tangential detours.

Oh please, Han and Leia spend just as much time in ESB stuck on a random asteroid and running away from a giant space worm. The "detour" was essential to the plot and to Finn's character development.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Weak and unbelievable character development and a sub-plot that did nothing to improve the quality of the film as a whole.

You not getting it is to be expected. As you already basically admitted, your identity politics compels you to think she's a good character.

What was unbelievable about her? I agree that the apparent romance angle came out of nowhere but I'll withhold judgement on it until I see where they go with it. Other than that though she's a fine.

Sure, Jan. I admitted that I actually judged her negatively because of her race yet even then I liked her as a character. Theres nothing wrong with her.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 09:41 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Nephthys
I have to admit that I was also ignorant about the character by saying shes only in to sell in China (the actress is American and her parents were from Vietnam)

LMAO! That is racist as f**k.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 09:44 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote