KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Should Vitiate be banned from versus contests?

Should Vitiate be banned from versus contests?
Started by: S_W_LeGenD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aurbere

Tempest ninja'ed what I was going to say.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 02:24 AM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Dark Disciple and Revan were atrocities. The first makes Anakin look nowhere near as powerful, all so Golden can let her Road Warriors fanon go out with a bang. #VentressWasBetter

The second is jobbing the entire KotOR series to make SWTOR and its antagonist relevant, in the most rushed heap of shit Drew has written yet.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 03:26 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Dark Disciple was on average very badly written, but the story was actually pretty good (though it stumbled towards the end) and at some points the characters are done quite well.

Revan on the other hand was averagely written, the cast was pretty awful (Nyriss lol) and the story ranged from lame to mildly interesting. Altogether worse than DD imo, and probably the worst SW novel I've had the misfortune of reading.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jun 19th, 2016 at 09:21 AM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 09:19 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

I particularly hate Dark Disciple for it's awkward pacing more than anything else. Some parts that Christie could've beautifully explained and went into detail about(like any good author would) she sorta skimmed through and just said: "Yeah this happened"
Other parts that should've been quick, she dragged on forever. It's also clumsily written in the fact that she either rapidly speeds up the story-telling or rapidly slows it down, no real transition.

The characters were also just really bad, specifically the dialogue. Like: "Vos, my soul is naked before you" is almost as bad as Twilight. I also don't get why Asajj's full lips are constantly being mentioned.

As for Revan, at least the parts with fighting were semi-interesting, at least. Although it felt rushed and just some characters were stupid.

But yeah, overall, DD strikes me as a worse novel for reading.

But without a doubt the worst novel I ever read regarding Star Wars is The Crystal Star. I mean, the main antagonist was a giant wall with scales that eats children!

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 09:29 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

up

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 10:06 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate won't be destroyed with conventional tactics, I assure you.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 10:30 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

He was TP'd to death lol

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 05:07 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Azronger
He was TP'd to death lol

By the smuggler. thumb up

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 05:08 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

You guys probably thought I was quoting that unironically or something.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 05:48 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You guys probably thought I was quoting that unironically or something.

Haha I think you have raw power > all, given you put DB characters above reality warpers.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 06:08 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Raw power > all only in the context of DBS. Then again, the likes of Hulk can still tank Interdimensional portals with raw strength and power alone.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 06:11 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Raw power > all only in the context of DBS. Then again, the likes of Hulk can still tank Interdimensional portals with raw strength and power alone.

Even in SW most people assume Luke just overpowers Nihilus's drain for example.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 06:11 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I'd like to think that's partially because of various factors (like speed/drain defense/fold space/superior raw power as you mentioned) than Luke just standing there and taking Nihilus' drain, walking up to him casually, and obliterating him. I don't even think Luke could just stand and take Krayt's drain indefinitely, much less Nihilus's.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 06:15 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

no

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 06:18 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenDofPT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of course not. Only Vitiate fangirls think so.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 04:31 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenDofPT a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenDofPT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

I never thought I'd live the day to witness the wank of Vitiate>Sheev's.
It looks like Vitiate just became the 'New Sheev'

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 12:06 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Nah, like all but three posters here put Sidious above Valkorion.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 12:07 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Vitiate should be banned the second he won't die a horrible, Mary-Sued, protagonist related, and shoehorned death. Since we all know that's going to happen, and we all know it's going to happen soon, I see no reason why.

Was even more right than I had any business being. ****ing hell, BioWare.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 08:29 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's still outclassed by other beings like adoloth fir example...and yes I know I may have spelled that wrong lol

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 06:08 AM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote