KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » 1/2/2018 - #1A (Ranking ONE, Round ONE) - Most Powerful Character Tournament - VOTE!

The two characters who receive the most votes will advance to #1B to decide #1.
This poll is closed.
Valkorion 18 27.69%
Palpatine 11 16.92%
Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader (pre-suit) 11 16.92%
Luke Skywalker 24 36.92%
Other (comment below) 1 1.54%
Total: 65 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

1/2/2018 - #1A (Ranking ONE, Round ONE) - Most Powerful Character Tournament - VOTE!
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor has a better chance than Anakin ever will. sad

(please log in to view the image)

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:25 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

damn Ant dissed me

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:26 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

You fvcking voted Tano, didn't you?

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:28 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by |King Joker|
I voted for Luke, too.

smile

But don't give me ideas. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:32 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

So, what's the argument for Anakin beating all these guys, seriously?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:32 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by Geistalt
I'd like to change my vote to Knightfall Vader.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:34 AM
samappo

Got some questions before I vote:

1. KF Vader. Does he have infinite scaling? It appears that when Anakin is in the right mind and context, he somewhat decides he's going to win. For example his duel with Tyrannus, when Palpatine persuades him to stop holding back, Anakin is described as deciding to win, and Tyrannus, an old and expert swordsmen who has apprenticed under Yoda labels Anakin the greatest Djem So user he has ever seen [Anakin is 23]. It appears that in his KF state, he appears to scale in order to match and defeat anything that he decides to kill. This is hinted further when Lucas confirms that KF Vader >= ROTS Sidious, which may suggest that Anakin as the chosen one and in the right mindset, with a potentially infinite potential in the force can meet any challenge.

Can someone please confirm or debunk this please?

2. Has FOTJ Luke actually scaled sufficiently to be able to contend with DE Sidious?

I know these are hotly debated questions, please just give me a couple of sentences response, and whoever convinces me to vote out of these three will get my vote. I'm still unsure tbh.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:39 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:40 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Deciding to stomp Dooku in which parrying Anakin took more energy than cheap-shotting Kenobi with TK. Growing stronger every day. Evidently almost doubling in power after turning to the dark side. Two-shotting Cin Drallig. Closing in on Father tier potential.

The arguments make themselves, just like Anakin willing Dooku to death.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:41 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by samappo
Got some questions before I vote:

1. KF Vader. Does he have infinite scaling? It appears that when Anakin is in the right mind and context, he somewhat decides he's going to win. For example his duel with Tyrannus, when Palpatine persuades him to stop holding back, Anakin is described as deciding to win, and Tyrannus, an old and expert swordsmen who has apprenticed under Yoda labels Anakin the greatest Djem So user he has ever seen [Anakin is 23]. It appears that in his KF state, he appears to scale in order to match and defeat anything that he decides to kill. This is hinted further when Lucas confirms that KF Vader >= ROTS Sidious, which may suggest that Anakin as the chosen one and in the right mindset, with a potentially infinite potential in the force can meet any challenge.

Can someone please confirm or debunk this please?

He is described as deciding to win against Dooku but I think it's a stretch to conclude that this is some infinite power to beat anyone by deciding to.

quote:

2. Has FOTJ Luke actually scaled sufficiently to be able to contend with DE Sidious?

Yes, IMHO. See my post in the first page and my debate with Azronger on the designated thread.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:46 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Anakin (5):
- Beniboybling
- AncientPower
- FreshestSlice
- DarthAnt66
- Geistalt

Join us, Skillz, it is the only way.

We can also pretty much gaurantee NewGuy's vote.

Knock off the socks voting for Luke too, and it's possible.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:46 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Besides the Father-tier potential he didn't fulfill, none of that sounds outside the capabilities of ROTJ Sidious, (stomping Dooku by deciding to, growing stronger every day, etc). Hell, I'm pretty sure you think Novel Vitiate can stomp Dooku by deciding to.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:47 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

He's a borderline tier 10 lightsaber duelist that is "far more dangerous than anyone in the universe" with "boundless power and abilities at his disposal."

He's the Force-made-flesh Christ figure whose will determines reality, regardless if possible or not, before undergoing a major power boost.

He's praised by Obi-Wan to be just as powerful as Yoda with his mental restrictions on - forget about it when he loses them and conquers them.

He's capable of involuntarily causing such a powerful telekinetic attack that Dooku nearly opted to abandon Sidious and rejoin the Jedi right then and there.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 01:50 AM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Anakin was already Sidious/Yoda tier by doing so though, include Vader's massive power increase after converting and the scaling gets even better.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:49 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Anakin went from an 8 to beyond a 9 during Knightfall. The gaps between tiers are supposed to get far larger the higher you go. Nothing in the novel does his power increase as much justice as that. It's probably the biggest we've ever seen bar Oneness.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:57 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
He's a borderline tier 10 lightsaber duelist that is "far more dangerous than anyone in the universe" with "boundless power and abilities at his disposal."

He's the Force-made-flesh Christ figure whose will determines reality, regardless if possible or not, before undergoing a major power boost.

He's praised by Obi-Wan to be just as powerful as Yoda with his mental restrictions on - forget about it when he loses them and conquers them.

He's capable of involuntarily causing such a powerful telekinetic attack that Dooku nearly opted to abandon Sidious and rejoin the Jedi right then and there.

Beyond flowery text, and the bordering tier 10, I don't see how this puts Anakin beyond a guy who conjures tens of immortal dark side entities into existence or eats worlds while heavily weakened. Or a guy who can literally consume fleets and rip apart time and space by getting angry. Hell, there's various quotes implying that Yoda and Sidious are stronger than Anakin. Even if you don't buy them, I feel there's too much controversy there to then say Anakin is far beyond Yoda or Sidious as of RotS. The Emperors remain supreme.

I can't speak for Luke, though.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:01 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Beyond flowery text, and the bordering tier 10, I don't see how this puts Anakin beyond a guy who conjures tens of immortal dark side entities into existence or eats worlds while heavily weakened. Or a guy who can literally consume fleets and rip apart time and space by getting angry. Hell, there's various quotes implying that Yoda and Sidious are stronger than Anakin. Even if you don't buy them, I feel there's too much controversy there to then say Anakin is far beyond Yoda or Sidious as of RotS. The Emperors remain supreme.

I can't speak for Luke, though.

thumb up

As for Luke, even if he has less potential than Anakin he's like in his 60s while Anakin's in his early 20's.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:02 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

And I have Luke at his absolute best slightly above Valkorion and Sidious, tbh. Though I'd have to think about it.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:03 AM
samappo

To be fair, Anakin is in his early 20's and is one of few who is being voted for as most powerful Star Wars character in the cosmos xD

Ant, can you please confirm these statements?

quote:

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:04 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

You're implying Vader not performing such feats translates into an inability to do so. That's just not his style. He uses the Force internally rather than externally.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:04 AM