KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
Started by: calvs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3287): « First ... « 3204 3205 [3206] 3207 3208 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Meltdown.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 06:40 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D1ckSpl1tter
Restricted

Account Restricted

interdasking

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 06:41 PM
Click here to Send D1ckSpl1tter a Private Message Find more posts by D1ckSpl1tter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Ellimist will more than likely put more posters on ignore. Neph, Lost, who else only the cowardly Ellimist knows what kind of emotional pain he's currently experiencing. When you hurt him he retreats into his turtle shell.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 06:44 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Of course I'm gonna side with Elm here, but you people really need to chill tf out. This is some 2013 DMB tier shit. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 06:44 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Elm made his bed and he needs to lie in it.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 06:48 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

As surely as you lie in Snoke's. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 06:50 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
As surely as you lie in Snoke's. smile
Gladly.

wink

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 06:56 PM
An_Sock
Restricted

Account Restricted

This thread has literally gone to shit.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 07:01 PM
Click here to Send An_Sock a Private Message Find more posts by An_Sock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The spammer will soon be perma'd.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 07:03 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by An_Sock

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 07:05 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pessimystic
Restricted

Account Restricted

ffs

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 07:05 PM
Click here to Send Pessimystic a Private Message Find more posts by Pessimystic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

What is that animal, Jack?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by An_Sock
That comedic timing. eek!

Originally posted by Pessimystic
ffs
there goes another horcrux huh. sad

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 07:25 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by The Ellimist
So I have no interest in pursuing this absurd flame war with The Lost any further. He's pursued one of the most bizarre, cringey, incoherent troll jobs I've ever seen, something that you'd expect an emotionally unstable teenager to do - not someone who has apparently been here in one form or another since 2005. Let's just summarize what he's done in a slightly more elaborate manner now that I'm on my laptop (I'm not going to touch on the merits of our "debate"; I think I did that pretty clearly a few pages ago):

- During the debate Neph started making dubious accusations towards me, which were later revealed to be his misunderstanding of "former" and "latter" (e.g. thinking I said races were bad at something when "latter" was mapping to individual differences). The Lost credulously started nodding and agreeing with him, despite having not even seen the thread in question and before any break in civility between the two of us.

- During the debate I asked him a clarifying question on a definition as an aside to our overarching responses. He decided to be cute by playing a literal word game like in Lord of the Rings where the mines of Moria have the sign "speak friend, and enter" and it took a while for Gandalf to figure out that it literally means "say the word friend (in elvish)". I didn't decipher his masterful language at first, but then he clarified, and I moved on with my response to the overarching debate. One would think that would be the end of it - but then The Lost indignantly held this as some sort of proof of my "dishonesty" and would later use it as an excuse to bow out of the debate entirely. You might wonder what three short messages clarifying his position on something has to do with our ability to debate on the larger discussion - well, you'd be right to. It doesn't, and was one of the many bizarre troll (or not?) jobs I've seen.

- After having promised to destroy me on the topic, The Lost gives one half-assed reply and then quits because of the above figurative language nobody appreciated, me using the phrase "concession accepted" once, and me using a latin term for a logical inference (I'm not even being facetious - those were literally the three specific complaints he cited the most frequently), but sticks around to go on a hysterical flame-fest where he runs around to anyone who will listen and starts whining about me.

- The Lost "sends" what he later gloats to be a fake apology PM to me in which he gives me permission to share it publicly but asks me to consider not doing it. I vaguely say that The Lost apologized in private to two people I know, but tell them not to say this to anyone as I would accept it.

- Neph randomly starts jabbing at me by inaccurately describing a situation and saying everyone made fun of me for saying something stupid so I left the board (???).

- I jab back at Neph by saying people think he's a sh*t debater and I'm often his only defender out of pity. The Lost then goes at me for being a "bully" while egging Neph on, apparently oblivious or indifferent to the double standard.

- After The Lost asks to see the thread in a passive-aggressive tone, and when he responds to my PM asking for clarification with a trollish answer, I warn him on the forum that I could easily reveal what we had been talking about - which could mean anything (like him thinking Bane beats Sidious or something).

- The Lost then springs his Trap of Failure, where he reveals that he had planned this all along to reveal my "true character" to the forums or something. *Crickets* You would correctly wonder why he didn't spend this time and energy just responding to the damn debate.

But, whatever. The problem with you, Lost, is that you just aren't willing to debate arguments on their logical and empirical merits without getting emotionally riled up and diverting into incoherent bouts of self-righteous fury. You spent almost no time discussing the subject matter - you started a flame war on a conversation that I had been keeping civil, you employed petty syntactical excuses and traps to avoid having to actually engage with me in an intellectually honest manner. I understand that political topics can get charged, especially those around race, which is why I don't really discuss it in real life - but I was really hoping you'd engage me in an actual debate on the matter, because you had been hyping yourself up to have this vast trove of knowledge on the issue (and not some generic strawmen about how ethnicity is better).

You can accuse Ziggy of being a troll, which he is (not even an insult he doesn't pretend he isn't) - but your ratio of actual arguments to random shitposting is surely in the troll territory. I'm not going to waste time making new grudges or continuing this flame war - if you want to continue discussing this with me, do it over PM.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

So I have no interest in pursuing this absurd flame war with The Lost any further. He's pursued one of the most bizarre, cringey, incoherent troll jobs I've ever seen, something that you'd expect an emotionally unstable teenager to do - not someone who has apparently been here in one form or another since 2005. Let's just summarize what he's done in a slightly more elaborate manner now that I'm on my laptop (I'm not going to touch on the merits of our "debate"; I think I did that pretty clearly a few pages ago):

- During the debate Neph started making dubious accusations towards me, which were later revealed to be his misunderstanding of "former" and "latter" (e.g. thinking I said races were bad at something when "latter" was mapping to individual differences). The Lost credulously started nodding and agreeing with him, despite having not even seen the thread in question and before any break in civility between the two of us.

- During the debate I asked him a clarifying question on a definition as an aside to our overarching responses. He decided to be cute by playing a literal word game like in Lord of the Rings where the mines of Moria have the sign "speak friend, and enter" and it took a while for Gandalf to figure out that it literally means "say the word friend (in elvish)". I didn't decipher his masterful language at first, but then he clarified, and I moved on with my response to the overarching debate. One would think that would be the end of it - but then The Lost indignantly held this as some sort of proof of my "dishonesty" and would later use it as an excuse to bow out of the debate entirely. You might wonder what three short messages clarifying his position on something has to do with our ability to debate on the larger discussion - well, you'd be right to. It doesn't, and was one of the many bizarre troll (or not?) jobs I've seen.

- After having promised to destroy me on the topic, The Lost gives one half-assed reply and then quits because of the above figurative language nobody appreciated, me using the phrase "concession accepted" once, and me using a latin term for a logical inference (I'm not even being facetious - those were literally the three specific complaints he cited the most frequently), but sticks around to go on a hysterical flame-fest where he runs around to anyone who will listen and starts whining about me.

- The Lost "sends" what he later gloats to be a fake apology PM to me in which he gives me permission to share it publicly but asks me to consider not doing it. I vaguely say that The Lost apologized in private to two people I know, but tell them not to say this to anyone as I would accept it.

- Neph randomly starts jabbing at me by inaccurately describing a situation and saying everyone made fun of me for saying something stupid so I left the board (???).

- I jab back at Neph by saying people think he's a sh*t debater and I'm often his only defender out of pity. The Lost then goes at me for being a "bully" while egging Neph on, apparently oblivious or indifferent to the double standard.

- After The Lost asks to see the thread in a passive-aggressive tone, and when he responds to my PM asking for clarification with a trollish answer, I warn him on the forum that I could easily reveal what we had been talking about - which could mean anything (like him thinking Bane beats Sidious or something).

- The Lost then springs his Trap of Failure, where he reveals that he had planned this all along to reveal my "true character" to the forums or something. *Crickets* You would correctly wonder why he didn't spend this time and energy just responding to the damn debate.

But, whatever. The problem with you, Lost, is that you just aren't willing to debate arguments on their logical and empirical merits without getting emotionally riled up and diverting into incoherent bouts of self-righteous fury. You spent almost no time discussing the subject matter - you started a flame war on a conversation that I had been keeping civil, you employed petty syntactical excuses and traps to avoid having to actually engage with me in an intellectually honest manner.

You can accuse Ziggy of being a troll, which he is (not even an insult he doesn't pretend he isn't) - but your ratio of actual arguments to random shitposting is surely in the troll territory. I'm not going to waste time making new grudges or continuing this flame war - if you want to continue discussing this with me, do it over PM.

I'll respond to you where I wish. If you want to PM me, you can do so. I'm not subject to follow your demands.

You're a joke, dude. You're ignoring shit that happened to construct some lousy narrative (I imagine it's why your first post, which was HORRENDOUSLY lacking, had this massive follow-up. Love that little "laptop" bit in the beginning. Bravo!)

You say I had a weak spine? Your ego is made of glass, Ellimist. Again, you couldn't stand that someone walked away from you because you're a shitheel. Like I said, you're a generic '05er. The same ridiculous debating hubris and lousy smarminess. There wasn't crickets, dude. You have your supporters (like the amazing and wonderful JKBart and Ziggy) but people needed to see how low you'll stop to gain an advantage over someone else, even on an online forum. It wasn't some "master trap", homes. You're not hard to read. I've dealt with dudes like you for over a decade.

Those were "specific complaints?" Reading comprehension nets another loss via The Ellimist. Go look at the post where I discuss you saying something in latin. Like, I was being a smartass and clearly mocking you. You act like I'm trying to "get away" with these vague figurative posts but you're attempting to alter them to shoehorn them as a legitimate point. It's sad. I didn't sit there and go "I'm bowing out because he used latin." Also, if you're also talking about your total misuse of modus tollens? You missed the mark. Wait, no you didn't! I actually believe certain races are smarter than others! You've done it!

quote:

Do you actually expect this to fly? And you wonder why I won't debate you? You're being intentionally thick now and this is why you're fucking untrustworthy as all hell.

You told people not to tell anyone because you would accept my apology? So is this before I crossed you with this ENORMOUS AND REALLY OFFENSIVE BOMBSHELL OF...

Originally posted by The Lost
Is there a link? I'd be curious to at least see it.

Or after? I mean, was it before I made this grievous and abnormally rude mistake by asking for a link to your discussion when you said NOTHING in response to my PM until you "asked for clarification?"

quote:
After The Lost asks to see the thread in a passive-aggressive tone, and when he responds to my PM asking for clarification with a trollish answer,

YES, SO PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE. You are full of shit. A very weak moment for you, Ellimist. I made sure it was the opposite of that to see how'd you respond after my PM. You jumped at ANY GIVEN CHANCE after I'd posted you the apology to weaponize it, which was EXACTLY what I thought you'd do.

Hold on, ladies and gentleman. Are you ready to see my "trollish answer" to when he asks his "clarification?"

quote:
Then what are you doing on the Battle Bar right now?

*DRUM ROLL*

READY?!?

*DRUM ROLL*

quote:
Asking to see a thread where you discussed Luke and Sidious.

You asked. That's what I was doing. I made damn sure I responded to you as passively as possible. You were holding it over my head. How absurd, man. Stretch some more shit, dude.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Ahaha The Lost, do you want me to tell everyone what you've secretly been saying to me?

"I was gonna accept your apology. Also, HAHAHA want me to SPILL THE BEANS ON YOU?! Oh, you said I could share it but asked me not to. I'll throw that in there! That'll do a good job of reinforcing the threat! I mean, it's not really a threat. I just "said" it. WAIT, okay, nvm... I'll edit it. I WARNED you. See? A euphemism!"

This is legitimately abysmal. The gall you must have to talk about "good faith" and "honesty" with this tergiversation. Also, that IS a legitimate point about your dishonesty when it comes to what I'll refer to as the "modus tollens" incident. Repeating the same statement twice was a pretty solid implication I was speaking literally to what I would say, also the "If" does a nice job as well. You took it out of context (or purpose or by accident is pretty irrelevant at this point because you're defending it) and claimed I felt some races had higher intelligence over others based on what I had said.

GUYS...
Originally posted by The Lost
If I thought there was no group differences in cognitive abilities between population groups we designate as races, I would say there was no group differences in cognitive abilities between population groups we designate as races.

... THE MINES OF MORIA! SERIOUSLY, SOMEONE CONTACT BLETCHLEY PARK!

You are SLIMY, dude, and now you're pretending it was SO complicated. There's a chance you legit feel that way, seeing as you perhaps just made a giant error. Who knows? You're not trustworthy so I'm not taking your fucking word for it.

quote:

You started where you wanted to start. Good job. Anyway, back to reality where most of us fucking are, Neph first responded to you by essentially stating racists weren't worth the time of day and you responded. He then responded being a smartass. He said you shouldn't debate racist trolls and you claimed he labeled anyone not a social liberal a troll. Neph said the individual you were discussing was literally a racist troll and you responded with a bit of sarcasm as well. Nothing major. You guys go on you invite Neph to a political debate, which he declines (OH NO! He declined! He must be bad at debating, scared, and whatever else! OR... OR... not everyone wishes to fucking engage you. Gee, I wonder why!), and then goes onto say he's avoiding those debates because they get too heated.

Then, Neph was a smartass regarding what was necessary to dismiss obvious racism. You then responded to her, saying no wonder everyone thinks he's a joke. Then, you say again that everyone thinks he's a joke after he says you were triggered. This had me concerned from the beginning, which is why I thought it wouldn't last long. Why act like Neph victimized you? The posts are all there. You were both being what appeared to be harmlessly sarcastic toward each other and you (who talks about me running around whining to others) continues to bring up what everyone apparently thinks about Neph. Like, a lot. You were continuing to be abrasive and it wasn't going anywhere. Hell, Neph even said he wished to discontinue the comments out of concern for potentially bullying you and then you threw it in his face by saying you "defend him out of pity", as if Neph requires your stalwart and TOOOOTALLY genuine "pity protection."

I'd also like to add I never accepted what Neph said before checking it ("Are you serious?" is a rhetorical "I don't know", in case you weren't aware). I had also then said that what Neph asserted "wouldn't surprise me" based on some of your arguments. Those don't mean, "Yes, this is definitely true." I told you from the get-go I felt it'd be a waste of time and I felt it was going in that direction and felt you were being an ass, which you were and then REALLY were. Who would've thought you were capable? So surprising!!!

Also, cut out this antiquated nonsense about "logic must come before emotion!" I'm not going to engage someone who's being a dirtbag, otherwise I'm not "logical." There's an irony there, especially considering your position (keep on putting "scientific racism" in quotes, chief!), so emotion isn't just something to be summarily ignored whilst having a discussion among other individuals, of which we all have emotions (I think?). The choice wasn't purely emotional just because I didn't respond your debate either. You're apparently logically-minded (despite your handful of errors) so you can put two and two together on that (I think?).

You are not honest and you are a bully. You thought I'd put up with your purposeful misrepresentation and you thought wrongly. Like I said from the get-go, you cannot handle someone just MIGHT have walked away because you're a dick. Neph too. People can say no or walk away. I'm not obligated to fucking jury duty or some shit.

Really.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pessimystic
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can you use the 'summarise tool' next time Lost?

Sick of you clogging up the thread with a whole lot of poo now that Ellimist wrecked you.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 08:01 PM
Click here to Send Pessimystic a Private Message Find more posts by Pessimystic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I told you to respond to me over PM. I'll just say that:

1. Mis-pasting quotes to make someone look racist isn't just being a "smartass" and my retaliation to Neph was quite justified in by those standards.

2. You did say "I wouldn't be surprised...<Ellimist sucks blah blah>" to Neph's original accusation, before any of this Mines of Moria nonsense started.

3. This whole attempt to virtue signal is lolworthy given your past.

Anyway, respond over PM or don't respond at all. thumb up

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 08:04 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Got your PM after the post so it meets my request.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 08:09 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Lost, I don't really understand why Ell is a bully -- or rather, why you and Neph aren't. From my POV, Neph shittalks about him, you shittalk about him, and he shittalks about you two. Well, not sure about Neph, but honestly, Ell seemed more reasonable in your "debate".

Also, are you saying that Ell calling Neph a "bad debater" is bullying...?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 08:09 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote