KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Epiosde 7, 8 or the prequel trilogy

Epiosde 7, 8 or the prequel trilogy
Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redpill

Question Epiosde 7, 8 or the prequel trilogy

so far,

do you prefer Epiosde 7, 8 or the prequel trilogy?

in terms of pure entertainment and fun and personal investment

if you were to recommend star wars to your non-fan friends

would you recommend prequels or r Epiosde 7, 8 to get them hooked?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 05:14 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

According to a stupendous, and un-f*cking-believable amount of people in various comment sections, TFA and TLJ are the worst things since the Black Death. And they killed Star Wars and really when you think about it, the PT isn't as bad as TLJ like OMFG.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 07:15 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
According to a stupendous, and un-f*cking-believable amount of people in various comment sections, TFA and TLJ are the worst things since the Black Death. And they killed Star Wars and really when you think about it, the PT isn't as bad as TLJ like OMFG.

You think about it yet?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 01:31 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by JediRobin23
You think about it yet?

K. Gonna be happy that the you tubers are a bunch of crumb bum; when it come to start analyzing Star Wars.....

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 01:34 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Sry for talking to meself...PT with GL story telling....once in a lifetime.....

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 01:38 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

PT is the better saga out of all trilogies; best actors of the saga act in them (Ewan, Ian and Liam); better action, and better story (Rise of Darth Sidious)

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 07:46 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

lol no

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 04:11 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

NT is by far the best trilogy two films in. I'd say Rots is great but the first two films in that trilogy were lackluster. I do love phantom menace for Maul but that still didn't save the quality of the film overall.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 04:15 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Selected key features of the PT notwithstanding, those films were tonal, visual, and emotional garbage. I'd hoped Star Wars was going to be left to wither and die on the Internet, but then Disney stepped in...

If they're going to keep it alive and god forbid do something a tad unexpected from what the average audience member (Joanne and Cletus) think will happen, then they're going about it in the right way. So far.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 04:20 AM
queeq
Chaos

Yup... not prefect they are the NT movies, but way better than the PT.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 07:48 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Opinions vary so in the end I'll always go with mine. Seems the wisest choice.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 01:56 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

shouldn't it be 'ST/Sequel Trilogy'?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Because I grew up with these films and they were a huge part of my childhoold, I will always prefer the PT because of sentimental value...not because I believe it's the best trilogy....however, as of now I believe that many aspects of Episode 8 currently stand as my favorite of them all.

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Jan 19th, 2018 at 10:18 PM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Really??? Surprising.

To me: ESB forever!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 11:02 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yup. I loved what they did with Luke (mostly) and the final battle with Kylo I thought was beautifully done. Lots of people take issue with Luke vs Kylo because Luke didn't get to be "badass with his lightsaber." But when Yoda was badass in Attack of the Clones, everyone argued" Yoda should be "beyond" using a lightsaber. George sold out Yoda.

In Episode 8, Luke essentially does what we are taught in ESB, that a Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense, never for attack. Hence the force projection is an aspect of 8 that make this one of my favorite scenes of the saga, and in all honesty, should tie in nicely to Yoda's lesson from the OT.

I like George.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 10:52 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

All for the PT. Best memes too.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

imo the PT had the potential to be far greater and fell completely short, while the NT is better than i had anticipated; perhaps because of my drastically lowered expectations after the PT. whatever the case i like the new trilogy much more, but i have no motivation to highlight and defend it's merits since i didn't like it that much. to put it another way: if these were the first films released after the OT, i would probably have a less favorable opinion of them. yet currently i find TLJ to be a massive breath of fresh air.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Jan 26th, 2018 at 05:27 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 05:23 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
imo the PT had the potential to be far greater and fell completely short, while the NT is better than i had anticipated; perhaps because of my drastically lowered expectations after the PT. whatever the case i like the new trilogy much more, but i have no motivation to highlight and defend it's merits since i didn't like it that much. to put it another way: if these were the first films released after the OT, i would probably have a less favorable opinion of them. yet currently i find TLJ to be a massive breath of fresh air.
thumb up

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 08:35 PM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

Yeah, interesting pot. Think I agree.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 10:17 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

K. After you tube. Is there anyone who wants to talk about SW yet?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 11:49 AM