KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » State of SWTOR in 2018

State of SWTOR in 2018
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

State of SWTOR in 2018

Some people seem to be interested in the state of SWTOR and its future, so I decided to update everybody:

-Class stories which haven't been seen since a cameo in Shadow of Revan, will make a return.
-Timothy Zahn has been a lead writer since A Traitor Among the Chiss was in development.
-Andronikos Revel, Kira Carsen and Lord Scourge are the companions set to return. (Dark Side Jaesa is returning too; but at a later date, meaning she's the Canon option)
-New GSF/PVP maps, and five Operation bosses are coming very soon.
-Five new 'mega servers' will replace the 17 current ones, massively increasing the communities due to new server stability updates. RP 'safe spaces' are still a thing.
-The Last Jedi caused a 20% spike in new accounts/subs, 14% retention. Active population still over 400,000.
-Both Darth Jadus and Darth Malgus have been teased at CC Talks.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Last edited by AncientPower on Jan 9th, 2018 at 02:58 AM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:52 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Huh, cool. Hopefully Zahn's next writings for SWTOR don't suck as much ass as Traitor Among the Chiss did.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:55 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

It was already in development by the time he came on.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:56 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Eh, still. I heard he was the writer for it.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:58 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Most of it was already written by Hall Hood.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:59 AM
darthbane77

Ah, I'll shift my blame to him then.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 03:04 AM
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would be so goddamn happy to be able to finally see Scourge addressing anything lol.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 03:05 AM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

It's boring.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 04:38 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

I need a reason to play the expansions.
Stopped before the chiss one.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 04:51 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

>Scourge will soon appear

izax is tenebrae confirmed

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 06:58 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Lol. If he does, he's genuinely an upper tier Entity.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 07:00 AM
samappo

I haven't played for ages.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 09:01 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMCadmin
Restricted

Account Restricted

no one cares LMAO

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 12:47 PM
Click here to Send KMCadmin a Private Message Find more posts by KMCadmin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JKBart
I would be so goddamn happy to be able to finally see Scourge addressing anything lol.

(please log in to view the image)

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 08:54 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Nah, Scourge is trying to find a way to an hero, to no avail

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 09:29 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I kinda wish they had a MMORG set in the NJO era, where you can have like boss battles against the reborn Palpatine, Shimrra, Abeloth, etc.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 09:36 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

That sounds terrible.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 02:01 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

That sounds like dogshit, yeah.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 02:05 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Why is it on principle worse than TOR again?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 02:07 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

It's set in NJO, one of the most boring and unneeded eras, especially considering how close it is to the OT, where you have boss battles against entities the main cast of NJO already defeated, completely invalidating their existence. It's already failed on principle.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 02:11 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote