KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Did anyone within the SW universe care when Maul died?

Did anyone within the SW universe care when Maul died?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
I'm happy to give all three Sith their due, but if people are going to mindlessly slurp upon the fountain of sperm that is Dooku's tip while picking away at the low hanging fruit which is Maul's poor handling by incompetent writers, then I have no issues upsetting your somewhat delusional world view with some harsh truths.

I like how the writers are the incompetent ones and not Maul shifty

You cannot exactly say that Maul had to work hard for everything he got considering he got literally hand picked by the most powerful Sith Lord of all time. Did he have natural talent? Yes, also the backing of someone whose power and influence went to dwarf Dooku. Just for context, I think that focusing in Dooku's resources without addressing that huge headstart is dishonest.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 04:37 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

? All of Sidious's apprentices got handpicked by him lmao. I suppose Maul got trained from a younger age, but his training was also relegated almost exclusively to combat.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 04:38 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
I like how the writers are the incompetent ones and not Maul shifty

You cannot exactly say that Maul had to work hard for everything he got considering he got literally hand picked by the most powerful Sith Lord of all time. Did he have natural talent? Yes, also the backing of someone whose power and influence went to dwarf Dooku. Just for context, I think that focusing in Dooku's resources without addressing that huge headstart is dishonest.
Maul was left to fend for himself as a three year old on the lava scorched world of Mustafar for 17 days without any provisions (only one of many similar trials), but yeah, let's pretend he didn't work for everything he achieved. thumb up

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 04:46 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Conclusion: Palpatine was a bad Sith Master

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 05:50 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by ILS
I kind of feel sorry for Kurk and Nadd. They're sort of like the real life versions of your Mauls and TCW Grievous', except it's actually their fault that they present themselves as mentally handicapped toddler-adults who can't form a half decent argument or bait thread to save themselves. They would be wise to revert to lurking like AP and Neph, instead of putting their capabilities (or lackthereof) on display constantly.

I don't see your point, here. What has my handicapped mentality to do with the fact that you hold Maul as Palp's greatest/all-knowing Sith apprentice?

I mean, I didn't call you retard or anything. So, stick those tags to yourself.
But probably me telling that you hold Maul in the greatest esteeme triggered your love for him.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 06:23 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by ILS
Maul was left to fend for himself as a three year old on the lava scorched world of Mustafar for 17 days without any provisions (only one of many similar trials), but yeah, let's pretend he didn't work for everything he achieved. thumb up

No, I know that Sith training is a thing that can actively kill you and that it pushes the user, that's why is not called "Sith vacations". The matter of fact is that Maul didn't have to spend his life looking for a master or for power, since he was more or less raised into it. Through pain, soit, but it's not something a random slumboy has the opportunity to get.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Uhhh Dooku was raised into Yoda as an apprentice and later found Sidious, while Vader was, well, the Chosen One. Not sure what your point is here.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 08:29 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Uhhh Dooku was raised into Yoda as an apprentice and later found Sidious, while Vader was, well, the Chosen One. Not sure what your point is here.

The difference is that Yoda doesn't pick one lone succesor to his teachings. Sidious gave all kind of Sith wisdom to his handpicked apprentice, while Dooku got the regular jedi training and stood up by sheer talent.

Dooku is the working class hero here, not Maul smile

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 08:36 PM
CuckedCurry

Did anyone really care for his death IRL?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 08:40 PM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bentley
No, I know that Sith training is a thing that can actively kill you and that it pushes the user, that's why is not called "Sith vacations". The matter of fact is that Maul didn't have to spend his life looking for a master or for power, since he was more or less raised into it. Through pain, soit, but it's not something a random slumboy has the opportunity to get.
You have to give Maul huge amounts of credit. Despite being cut in half and left for dead he rose to power to become a rival to Sidious. Sidious himself came down to challenge him because he's that damn good. Maul still wasn't killed off at this point and still evaded the empire despite being isolated and without allies for decades. Maul was resourceful and one of the most unique and badass Sith Lords of all time. **** the haters Maul is awesome.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 10:56 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Maul was so wise and smart, why did he fail miserably at life? His accomplishments were fodder tier. Shadow Collective? A criminal gang? What a joke.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 11:01 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kurk
If Maul was so wise and smart, why did he fail miserably at life? His accomplishments were fodder tier. Shadow Collective? A criminal gang? What a joke.
He didn't fail at life. Just the fact he was selected by Sidious shows he wasn't a failure at life. You seem all over the map here. Maul's accomplishments and feats stand tall amidst canon Star Wars history. Being a rival to Sidious is ****ing amazing. Don't be mad your guy was nothing more than a cuck. Dooku lived like a cuck and died like a cuck.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 11:16 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
He didn't fail at life. Just the fact he was selected by Sidious shows he wasn't a failure at life. You seem all over the map here. Maul's accomplishments and feats stand tall amidst canon Star Wars history. Being a rival to Sidious is ****ing amazing. Don't be mad your guy was nothing more than a cuck. Dooku lived like a cuck and died like a cuck.
Maul cried and begged like a child for mercy. A rival indeed .

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 11:22 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Maul cried and begged like a child for mercy. A rival indeed .
Sidious cried and begged for mercy from Windu. It happens. Maul didn't back down from Sidious which is the point. Dooku didn't fight for his life. You'd think self preservation would kick in at some point.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 11:28 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sidious cried and begged for mercy from Windu. It happens. Maul didn't back down from Sidious which is the point. Dooku didn't fight for his life. You'd think self preservation would kick in at some point.
I don't care about Sidious. He's a coward in his own way. I'm focusing on Maul. Dooku was man enough not to plea and beg (though if you acknowledged legends material he did there), he had honor. Maul got emotional like a little b1tch when Savage got double penetrated by Sidious rather than stay focused on the target at hand.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 12:58 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I don't care about Sidious. He's a coward in his own way. I'm focusing on Maul. Dooku was man enough not to plea and beg (though if you acknowledged legends material he did there), he had honor. Maul got emotional like a little b1tch when Savage got double penetrated by Sidious rather than stay focused on the target at hand.
Point is he was t going to get anywhere from Sidious but Anakin was still a Jedi so confessing Sidious is a Sith Lord would have changed the entire scene. Fight for your life you cuck. Sidious just stated into his soul saying take it and he just did. Maul was weaponless and his self preservation kicked in. He learned from this as well.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 01:09 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Kenobi pretty blatantly cared

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 02:06 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think of it this way:

Imagine the galaxy-wide surprise and reaction if the hypothetical newspaper came out with 'SIDIOUS DEAD' or 'DOOKU DEFEATED' as the headline.

Now imagine if it said 'MAUL KILLED' and the people scratching their heads going "who?"

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 02:09 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I think of it this way:

Imagine the galaxy-wide surprise and reaction if the hypothetical newspaper came out with 'SIDIOUS DEAD' or 'DOOKU DEFEATED' as the headline.

Now imagine if it said 'MAUL KILLED' and the people scratching their heads going "who?"
Being more well known when Maul wasn't about recognition is an entirely separate discussion. Maul had an impact and that's undeniable despite his roadblocks.

Try to think about it in these terms. Imagine a puppet president and imagine the guy you don't even know who controls the president. Who would you rather be ?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 03:02 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Being more well known when Maul wasn't about recognition is an entirely separate discussion. Maul had an impact and that's undeniable despite his roadblocks.

Try to think about it in these terms. Imagine a puppet president and imagine the guy you don't even know who controls the president. Who would you rather be ?
Maul wasn't the public figure nor the puppet master. He was just a loser. His plans failed; he orchestrated nothing.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 03:14 AM