KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Does Revan grow more powerful after KotOR?

Does Revan grow more powerful after KotOR?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MythLord
Diamond

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Savage never ****ed, with the tapestry of the force, he only made an disturbance, there is a difference.

Fvcking with the "tapestry of the Force" is literally just flowery wording for a disturbance, you ignoramus.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 12:13 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by ILS
Read above.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 12:14 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Haschwalth
Read above.
I meant something more substantial than some pleb pontificating about his inner artist. What he said can be summed up as "Me like Vitiate, Vitiate no like Revan, me no like Revan!"

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 12:17 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by ILS
I meant something more substantial than some pleb pontificating about his inner artist. What he said can be summed up as "Me like Vitiate, Vitiate no like Revan, me no like Revan!"

lmfao

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 12:32 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by ILS
You don't need to have read the material to understand it, although it helps.

If you don't know the material you shouldn't debate it.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 01:43 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
If you don't know the material you shouldn't debate it.
I've barely read any and haven't played any of the games and it doesn't make any difference, providing I can understand context and the arguments make sense.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 02:08 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Re: Does Revan grow more powerful after KotOR?

Originally posted by The Ellimist
If so, what evidence is there that he does, and to what extent?

Yes, Revan became more powerful after the events of KoTOR; clearly pointed out in the novel.

Although Revan was not into demonstrating his power with feats of extensive destruction, he destroyed a member of the Dark Council in a fight with barely an effort (and without a lightsaber); sources suggest that it is exceedingly difficult to stop Force lightning with raw power and even the most powerful Jedi struggle in this matter. Also keep in mind that Revan endured several years of stresses of captivity and torture prior to this fight. Revan's power convinced Lord Scourge that only he stood a chance at assassinating the Emperor, should this be necessary.

Lord Scourge found Revan and the Emperor a class apart from others in their understanding of the ways of the Force and strength respectively.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 1st, 2018 at 04:59 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 04:56 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by ILS
I've barely read any and haven't played any of the games and it doesn't make any difference, providing I can understand context and the arguments make sense.

It is important to go through available material to gain appropriate insight about matters of interest. Without this kind of homework, an individual would not be in the position to critic a theme and distinguish facts from hyperbole.

---

Darth Plagueis novel clearly pointed out that Palpatine and Darth Plagueis were reluctant to challenge Jedi openly due to fear of death and (personal) admission that they would not be up to the task even with their combined might. How they influenced the Force (and all that flowery stuff) has little bearing on what these characters could tangibly achieve in the battlefield. However, we see entire essays here about how godlike these beings are based on all that flowery stuff and vice versa. This kind of analysis is problematic and misleading; why these godlike beings were reluctant to take on the Jedi (head-on) if they could shift the balance of the Force and such? Doesn't add up.

When you read a novel, you come to terms with the wider context of developments in the lore. The so-called "respect threads" ignore such context, and are full of mindless praise of a character with all that flowery stuff in the mix.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 1st, 2018 at 05:22 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 05:14 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know, I got halfway through writing a serious response to that, and then realised it's just not worth it.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 05:26 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ILS

Ants thread has what he's likely taking about :

Revan's presence in the Force was felt as a galactic disturbance that was everywhere and nowhere at once. It reached such a point where Lana Beniko believed it may had been even affecting her mind.

"There's something in the Force that I've never felt before. It exists nowhere and everywhere at once. Writhing, growing. I think I sense this "growth" because I'm tied to it somehow, maybe by association to Darth Arkous. I think… I think the Empire's in terrible danger."

¯Lana Beniko (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

"If I'm wrong, it means my instincts are now deeply flawed. Considering the strange disturbance I sense that continues to pervade the Force, I worry that these concerns are merely the figments of a deranged mind."

"The Force moves through the Emperor's Hand in a manner that few others experience. For us, the Force is an intricate tapestry woven into our very essence. That tapestry has become flawed. I speak of a persistent disturbance. A cyst, dense and tangled and unpleasant. It began small and nearly imperceptible but has been growing ever larger... the source of this basal disturbance is of the gravest concern to us..."

¯The Emperor's Hand (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

"The Force roils and convulses like never before. I reached out to study its peculiar activity, and in turn it showed me what is to come. You stand on a moon, defiantly, before one who is not one. You do not stand alone, but you fail all the same."

¯Spindrall (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

"No. They weren't in charge. The disturbance in the Force, I still feel it. It's... arrived."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 05:55 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

More on that coming soon.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 06:40 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Not to mention it gives a whole list of people Force visions about his return.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 02:09 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Maybe mask your insecurities and not insult me over a simple question lmao.
Thats literally all KMC is now-a-days dude.

Everyone learns to live with it, and unfortunately the SW section is the worst cesspool on the website.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 02:22 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote