KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What was Sidious's end goal?

What was Sidious's end goal?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
What was/is Snoke's ultimate goal?
Galactic domination/control/complete destruction of his enemies.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 02:02 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Galactic domination/control/complete destruction of his enemies.
And then what? Doesn't sound very original.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 02:04 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

And then what? Doesn't sound very original.
Maintain control of the Galaxy while continuing to destroy his enemies as they arise. Your opinion about originality doesn't matter to me in the slightest. You find cuckolding Sith/Jedi guys interesting I find them both weak and unappealing.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 02:06 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maintain control of the Galaxy while continuing to destroy his enemies as they arise. Your opinion about originality doesn't matter to me in the slightest. You find cuckolding Sith/Jedi guys interesting I find them both weak and unappealing.
*yawn*
If my opinion doesn't matter to you why are wasting time responding to it?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 02:09 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

*yawn*
If my opinion doesn't matter to you why are wasting time responding to it?
To address you but in the end arguing about what appeals to you as what appeals to me is an exercise in madness. It would be like arguing the color blue over green and why it's better to you. Most tyrannical dictators want power and control. This isn't some new trait it's always been there in fiction.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Feb 3rd, 2018 at 02:22 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 02:12 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Everything happens for a reason.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 02:25 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"And [Palpatine] would not allow himself to be sidetracked from his goal of unlocking the secrets many Sith Masters before him had sought -- the means to harness the powers of the dark side to reshape reality itself; in effect, to fashion a universe of his own creation. Not mere immortality of the sort Plagueis had lusted after, but influence of the ultimate sort."

-Tarkin
[novelization]

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 3rd, 2018 at 03:34 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 03:28 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Everything happens for a reason.
Weak minds believe this to be true. Ask any religious zealot my confused and identity/less former apprentice.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 03:57 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Weak minds believe this to be true. Ask any religious zealot my confused and identity/less former apprentice.
Your white-trash, uneducated identity is showing. Brains are nothing more than chemical reactions, and chemistry happens for a reason. Your skewed interpretations, for example, are due to chemical reactions occurring between receptors and effectors in your mind. It's okay, you can't control it. smile

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 04:17 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Again, why would he want an apprentice capable of killing him (Anakin) then?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 04:53 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Galan007
"And [Palpatine] would not allow himself to be sidetracked from his goal of unlocking the secrets many Sith Masters before him had sought -- the means to harness the powers of the dark side to reshape reality itself; in effect, to fashion a universe of his own creation. Not mere immortality of the sort Plagueis had lusted after, but influence of the ultimate sort."

-Tarkin
[novelization]

Isn't this Disney canon?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Again, why would he want an apprentice capable of killing him (Anakin) then?

Nowhere does it say that he wanted to be killed by Anakin. He just wanted to make the Force's Chosen One his most loyal servant, even if he risked to losing his life in the process.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 07:13 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by ILS
The Rule of Two was a problem solving system, not a directionless pursuit of power. It was the solution to ending in-fighting and destroying the Jedi once and for all. The founding tenets of the Sith themselves didn't change.

This is elementary stuff.

Someone doesn't get my point. Anyways, Rule of Two $ucks the most. Infighting might be over, but what if both die in a random accident or the apprentice killed the Master too early? This Banite Way is good only when you are concealed in shadows and the Sith aren't exposed to any outside dangers. It's only useful in the field of cunning and manipulation.

I like the Old Ways better. There would be infighting, but Sith would still rise one after another even if the "Master" is gone.

And not all Sith are about the power for the power's sake philosophy. For example, the Kraytine Sith only craved power for a purpose(bring order to the galaxy, etc)
The Old Sith sought to rule worlds after worlds because it would allow them to transcend their 'petty' social condition(in search of glory, honor, pride, etc.)

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Feb 3rd, 2018 at 07:26 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 07:21 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Isn't this Disney canon?
It is from the Tarkin novelization, so yeah, it's Disney canon(which is canon, canon.)

confused

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 08:02 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Someone doesn't get my point. Anyways, Rule of Two $ucks the most. Infighting might be over, but what if both die in a random accident or the apprentice killed the Master too early? This Banite Way is good only when you are concealed in shadows and the Sith aren't exposed to any outside dangers. It's only useful in the field of cunning and manipulation.

I like the Old Ways better. There would be infighting, but Sith would still rise one after another even if the "Master" is gone.

And not all Sith are about the power for the power's sake philosophy. For example, the Kraytine Sith only craved power for a purpose(bring order to the galaxy, etc)
The Old Sith sought to rule worlds after worlds because it would allow them to transcend their 'petty' social condition(in search of glory, honor, pride, etc.)
Agree wholeheartedly

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 08:02 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

In the Bane novel it was stated that an abundance of Sith roaming around actually weakens the dark side as a whole, because it is spread too thin between users. Moreover, it was stated that an abundance of Sith could enable multiple lesser beings to overthrow and kill a more powerful Master, which would subsequently allow a far weaker being to assume supremacy/leadership... And that would ultimately destroy the Sith all together.

Bane didn't agree with that methodology, which is why he reinstated the Rule of Two -- it helps cull weakness from the Order.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 3rd, 2018 at 08:15 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 08:09 PM
Freedon Nadd

Bane disagreed with his own Rule after he wanted to master Transference willing to possess Zannah when he was killed by her. Also, apprentices won't unite forces to overthrow their Master.
1. If the Master is stronger than them, the apprentices wouldn't dare to overthrow him or her(if they are aware of it; exceptions from the norm do exist)
2. Bane experienced only the Brotherhood of Sith(a communism type of Sith) where apprentices would join forces to kill their Masters because that was Kaan's philosophy where all Sith are equal, but crave for power still existed in the Sith. And Kaan allowed it. Even Kaan's own doctrine was actually a 'lie' he proclaimed to hold power over the other Sith Lords.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 08:29 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ That changes nothing I said.

Bane initially reinstated the Rule of Two primarily for the reasons I mentioned -- the novel was very specific in that regard. Whether or not you agree with his reasoning is irrelevant to the point at hand.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 3rd, 2018 at 08:37 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 08:33 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Galan007
In the Bane novel it was stated that an abundance of Sith roaming around actually weakens the dark side as a whole, because it is spread too thin between users. Moreover, it was stated that an abundance of Sith could enable multiple lesser beings to overthrow and kill a more powerful Master, which would subsequently allow a far weaker being to assume supremacy/leadership... And that would ultimately destroy the Sith all together.

Bane didn't agree with that methodology, which is why he reinstated the Rule of Two -- it helps cull weakness from the Order.

What you pointed out regarding the Old Rule is that it has disadvantages!? Rule of Two does too. What if both Sith are killed in an accident? What if the apprentice kills their master too early(not having learned everything) or kills them but turns to the light side by themselves or are converted to it by Jedi or other lightsiders?

In the end, all of them have disadvantages. But Rule of Two has the deadliest setbacks because it also implies activity in politics and still conceal your true nature.

And, yes, I wholeheartedly hate Bane's Rule of Two. It serves its 'political' purpose, but that's all.

In the Old Sith Rule, Sith would be out there even if an amount of them perished.
In fact it was only because of them that various Force sensitive or rogue Jedi would be able to turn to the Sith even if the order died(e.g: A'Sharad Hett with XoXaan, Exar Kun with the ancient Sith, etc)

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 08:41 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

What you pointed out regarding the Old Rule is that it has disadvantages!? Rule of Two does too.
I didn't say otherwise. Both have inherent disadvantages.

However, the Rule of Two was more effective in that it ultimately allowed the Sith to reach [pen]ultimate galactic power/supremacy... Something the 'old rule' never quite matched.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 3rd, 2018 at 08:52 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 08:46 PM