KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Revan's spirit in the Temple of Sacrifice

Revan's spirit in the Temple of Sacrifice
Started by: slayne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
toplel
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't have time to find a YT video but have time to shitpose here lol.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:51 PM
Click here to Send toplel a Private Message Find more posts by toplel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Nah, stranger. That can't be right. Because that'd be a violation of the rules and AP doesn't do that. thumb up

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:54 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
Which for those of us too impeccably moronic to understand; takes place in a scripted event that occurs at the beginning of Phase Five of the battle.
Right, designed to rez the player should they be KO'ed for the next boss phase, otherwise known as a game mechanic. Nobody cares if it's scripted.

quote:
One might as well say every fight in SWTOR is a game mechanic, cutscenes and all.
No, just the obvious parts that exist for gameplay only. thumb up

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 02:37 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 02:34 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by AncientPower
How the **** did you see 'midichlorian manipulation' and think of unbalancing the Force?

Oh and the difference is plainly obvious, the characters are dead and he brings them back to life from a necrotic state into full fighting shape.

Which for those of us too impeccably moronic to understand; takes place in a scripted event that occurs at the beginning of Phase Five of the battle.

One might as well say every fight in SWTOR is a game mechanic, cutscenes and all.

Because, and I may be wrong here, I don't believe the "galactonic event" being referenced is the resurrection of Venamis. It's why I asked you for the page numbers for the quotes so I could confirm for myself.

Which is still just displacing their spirits back into a corporeal form. At best it's the addition of healing the body so that it's undamaged enough that it can sustain life.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 04:43 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Because, and I may be wrong here, I don't believe the "galactonic event" being referenced is the resurrection of Venamis. It's why I asked you for the page numbers for the quotes so I could confirm for myself.

Which is still just displacing their spirits back into a corporeal form. At best it's the addition of healing the body so that it's undamaged enough that it can sustain life.

There is massive difference between 'reanimating a corpse' and shifting essence into a "well-preserved cloned body."

No point in shifting essence into a corpse that is beyond restoration. It doesn't works.

Revan not only reanimated his dead body (in Dark Revan) but also retained his essence somehow. This development caused great disturbances in the Force that could be felt everywhere across the galaxy.

Darth Plagueis' brief revival of Darth Venamis is almost nothing in comparison.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 4th, 2017 at 10:44 AM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 10:42 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Darth Plagueis' repeated revival of Venamis until his organs gave out, in part caused the Force to strike out by creating a prophesied Chosen One to redress the imbalance.

That seems a little more of a reaction. no expression

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 11:07 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

thumb up

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 06:01 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Didn't AP say (s)he'll find the YouTube video and post it here? We're still waiting.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 01:57 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I found a video of a player getting resurrected:

2.18.30 onwards. The Spirit does indeed speak beforehand whilst also constructing a bridge for you to get up to Revan. At 2.19 exactly the player targets the revived player and you can see the icon indicating they did indeed get revived by this ability.

I noticed that Revan teleports up to the higher platform midst combat too btw, kek.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 02:17 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

So if you die/get KO'd in the game you get an extra life.

LMAO.

There is no database software powerful enough to keep a record of all the retarded bullshit #teamswtor has tried to pass for an argument over the years. You guys are seriously special needs.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 02:21 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Nice meltdown.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 02:25 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice projection. wink

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 02:30 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I just posted the evidence proving the feats legit, why would I be melting down? confused

Its been definitively proven now that its a scripted event and the OOU ability text confirms that Revan's lightsided spirit, which is far weaker than his true abilities, resurrects anyone who dies in the fight. Its an outstanding feat and further cements Revan's superlative standing.

I was intrigued by the rest of the thread though. Outside of the Dread Masters, what are the other cases of genuine resurrection in the mythos? I know Ventress and the Nightsisters could make zombies and Dark Transfer can bring people back as I recall, but not counting those I can't remember anything else.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 02:38 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Nice meltdown.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 02:42 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 02:43 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Great find on the video there, Neph. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 03:12 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Syn brings up a great point. Revan might have simply channeled their spirits back into their bodies.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 03:43 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

When someone dies, don't their souls go in the Netherworld of the Force(place of souls)?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 05:52 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Even assuming it's legit, it's an Asajj level feat. smile

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:39 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Asajj could make zombies, not actually resurrect people.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:43 PM