KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Can Sidious one-shot Revan?

Can Sidious one-shot Revan?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, definitely 13 35.14%
Maybe 5 13.51%
Rather not 19 51.35%
Total: 37 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can Sidious one-shot Revan?
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Freedon Nadd

Don't play that logic with me. You blatantly 'admitted' that Sidious' drain of Byss didn't make him stronger in the Force, that he only used it to revitalize his body and that it served as place for conducting his vile dark side experiments.

Took you some time to answer, by the way.

Happy Dance

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 12:28 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

You said I "finally" admitted it as if I had been saying something else the entire time... which I haven't?

What, 17 minutes too long to wait for computer campers? I have things to do as well.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 12:33 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

I am 100% sure that you were once of the belief that the Byss drain enhanced Palpatine's dark side power.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
No, but they don't disprove it either. And more crucially, they all cite Byss being a dark side nexus AFTER Palpatine arrived. Every one of them mentions Byss already being one of Palpatine's retreat worlds, except the Luke one which is from DE — almost three decades after Palpatine's arrival.

So no, you've only shown that it was a some sort of nexus some twenty-five to thirty thousand years prior to Palpatine. No source makes any explicit mention of its properties as a nexus until Palpatine comes and corrupts it; the dark side nexus is entirely attributed to Palpatine in the source I quoted and the ones you cite all talk about Byss after Palpatine has set up there. So you've not shown me anything.

That's not how it works, lol. Palpatine is not the Sceptre of Marka Ragnos. He doesn't drain nexuses. Every source only ever mentions him draining the life force of the individuals. If he's not present on the planet, then the nexus is irrelevant. The nexus was created by his dark side experiments that he fueled through the draining of individuals anyway.

That scan's irrelevant because Palpatine is actually on Byss at that moment. Has nothing to do with him draining the planet's population off Byss.

Where does it say he was dying? He said he used it to prolong his life/delay the aging process, and other sources reveal that he also fueled his dark side experiments with them. This also has nothing to do with my point.

Palpatine's draining was underway by the time Vader arrived, meaning his experiments that would corrupt the planet were also underway. The planet was already being corrupted.

Vampiric means feeding on blood, or in this case feeding on life force. Presumably Sidious is affected by hunger to some extent (it's difficult to argue otherwise since he actually does spend the whole time feeding) but really there's no comparison to Nihilus' identity subsumption.

He cites the use of stats for the purposes of story groups and authors' referrals. He doesn't actually call them canon. Valid? Possibly. But as I said before, if you're going to use this argument then you'll be making a variety of concessions on Nihilus' planet-draining feats.

What are you talking about? It's easy in that they're willing, but that willingness was created and perpetuated by Palpatine in the first place. Surely he deserves plaudits for that, especially given as neither feat required conscious effort on his part.

And the drain is used to delay his aging and fuel his dark side experiments, not empower himself in the Force.

I view it as a good showing of willpower, but relevant to a fight? Not quite. But it's worth mentioning because greater imbalances are achieved more easily later on, and they're worth mentioning in the context of power.
I'll get to this tomorrow. Busy with other debates and trying to finish NG+3 in Dark Souls 3, lol.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 12:46 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Take your time.

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
I am 100% sure that you were once of the belief that the Byss drain enhanced Palpatine's dark side power.

Don't think so. Not recently, anyway.

Perhaps you meant Azronger?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 12:48 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Maybe. Az tends to go to those lengths when it comes about his favorite character.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 12:52 AM
darthbane77

Originally posted by darthbane77
I'll get to this tomorrow. Busy with other debates and trying to finish NG+3 in Dark Souls 3, lol.
lmao, "tomorrow" **** you.

Oh wait.

Will get to this within the next couple days.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 01:41 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naugrim
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't believe so, but he can definitely dominate him.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 07:35 PM
Click here to Send Naugrim a Private Message Find more posts by Naugrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Apologies for the time it's taking me to get back to this. I should be ready soon-ish.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 11:47 PM
The Merchant

Yes Palps can.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 01:58 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by The Merchant
Yes Palps can.

I see.

So there are a lot of votes for Palps one-shotting Revan and some saying that he'd need maybe two, three shots to down Revan.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 03:48 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Revan can definitely take this if we disclaim the dual Force Mastery of Revan.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 06:09 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Can you elaborate?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

quote:
No, but they don't disprove it either. And more crucially, they all cite Byss being a dark side nexus AFTER Palpatine arrived. Every one of them mentions Byss already being one of Palpatine's retreat worlds, except the Luke one which is from DE — almost three decades after Palpatine's arrival. So no, you've only shown that it was a some sort of nexus some twenty-five to thirty thousand years prior to Palpatine. No source makes any explicit mention of its properties as a nexus until Palpatine comes and corrupts it; the dark side nexus is entirely attributed to Palpatine in the source I quoted and the ones you cite all talk about Byss after Palpatine has set up there. So you've not shown me anything.

It's confirmed to be a nexus before Sidious' arrival though, as of the Rakata gaining interest int, because they were visiting Force strong worlds. I concede that it's true the strength of the nexus could have waned or bolstered over the centuries, but regardless, it was still a nexus.

quote:
That's not how it works, lol. Palpatine is not the Sceptre of Marka Ragnos. He doesn't drain nexuses. Every source only ever mentions him draining the life force of the individuals. If he's not present on the planet, then the nexus is irrelevant. The nexus was created by his dark side experiments that he fueled through the draining of individuals anyway. That scan's irrelevant because Palpatine is actually on Byss at that moment. Has nothing to do with him draining the planet's population off Byss.

I agree on the "Palpatine is not the Sceptre of Marka Ragnos" bit, I'll give ya that one. The scan is relevant, however, because (iirc) it took place before any of his rituals, and Sidious and Vader both were still being amped.

quote:
Where does it say he was dying? He said he used it to prolong his life/delay the aging process, and other sources reveal that he also fueled his dark side experiments with them. This also has nothing to do with my point. Palpatine's draining was underway by the time Vader arrived, meaning his experiments that would corrupt the planet were also underway. The planet was already being corrupted.

I assumed it to mean he was draining Byss to slow his aging and degradation to buy himself enough time to either get his clone bodies or find a way to live forever, as he intended. Draining Byss was a means to stave off death.

quote:
Vampiric means feeding on blood, or in this case feeding on life force. Presumably Sidious is affected by hunger to some extent (it's difficult to argue otherwise since he actually does spend the whole time feeding) but really there's no comparison to Nihilus' identity subsumption.

I agree that his hunger isn't really *exactly* the same as Nihilus', just that hunger WAS consuming Sidious.

quote:
What are you talking about? It's easy in that they're willing, but that willingness was created and perpetuated by Palpatine in the first place. Surely he deserves plaudits for that, especially given as neither feat required conscious effort on his part.

I'm not saying the feat is unimpressive, just that it's not AS impressive as most here seem to think. He conquered the minds of the populace, and then began draining them. Now, I don't think any REASONABLE person would assume that Sidious could do this near continually for decades, so he must have been using SOME of the energy he got from the drain, to fuel his mind control of them.

quote:
I view it as a good showing of willpower, but relevant to a fight? Not quite. But it's worth mentioning because greater imbalances are achieved more easily later on, and they're worth mentioning in the context of power.

Such as? I feel like you're gonna get into Sid's and Plagueis' meditation ritual, which I've been over NUMEROUS times now.
-------
Sorry that this response is bare-bones, and that it took me so long to get back to it. In all honesty, I DID plan on getting back to it sooner, but it slipped my mind because I had other things going on, been helping my Grandparents out a lot recently.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 04:06 AM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Yes, he can. Absolutely.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 06:06 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Stigma
Can you elaborate?

That our good Revan who faced Nyriss wasn't amped by Dromund Kaas' nexus.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 07:10 AM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Azronger
Yes, he can. Absolutely.

Good point.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 02:34 PM
Freedon Nadd

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 02:48 PM
darthbane77

Originally posted by Azronger
Yes, he can. Absolutely.
If he charges his attack like Vitiate did, I agree.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 04:30 PM
Freedon Nadd

Palps' full power didn't even disintegrate Windu. Meanwhile Revan deflected a lightning blast that turned Nyriss into ash.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 06:06 PM