KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Can Sidious one-shot Revan?

Can Sidious one-shot Revan?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, definitely 13 35.14%
Maybe 5 13.51%
Rather not 19 51.35%
Total: 37 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can Sidious one-shot Revan?
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 12 13 [14]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

So Mace >>>> Nyriss?

We knew that already.

Last edited by SunRazer on Feb 9th, 2018 at 07:56 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 07:48 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

We are talking about Revan here, not Nyriss. Nyriss' attack being amped or not by Dromund Kaas' nexus is irrelevant(if you bring that up). Main point is that Revan re-directed the lightning attack without breaking a sweat.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:09 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Ok, so Mace > Revan.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 01:30 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Revan being more powerful than Mace isn't even debatable anymore.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 01:44 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Say that again, I think I might just be convinced if I hear it a few more times.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 02:01 AM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
Ok, so Mace > Revan.

thumb up

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 03:37 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

*Revan>>>Mace

That's better.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 12:12 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Ok, so Mace > Revan.

Because you say so? If that's true why did he have problems with Palpatine's Force lightning(that didn't even ash him despite being hit with all of Palpatine's power)?
It seems you underestimate Revan's abilities saying he is<PT/OT Force-users to support your argument that Sidious won't have any problems in defeating Revan.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 12:23 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Because you're saying that Palpatine couldn't incinerate Mace but Revan could turn Nyriss' self-incinerating Lightning blast on her, as if there was some sort of comparison to be drawn. There's none, because Revan vs Nyriss has no bearing on Mace vs Palpatine. There is no commonality between the comparisons, because you're comparing two completely different groups without establishing any link between them.

All I was doing was applying the same logic as you, except in favour of the PT instead of the OR group. You caught onto the flaw of that line of thinking and started whinging immediately, only you couldn't realise that it literally formed the entire premise of your argument.

Case in point: Palpatine not being able to incinerate Mace has nothing to do with how he'd perform against Revan, unless there's a prerequisite assumption that Revan > Mace, which has yet to be proven. Certainly if we use the opposite assumption that Mace > Revan, your case becomes irrelevant, which was my point.

Until we actually discuss and prove anything relating to Revan and Mace, which is a separate argument altogether, your argument that Sidious can't one-shot Revan because "he couldn't even disintegrate Mace, while Revan could disintegrate Nyriss" is completely irrelevant.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 02:45 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by darthbane77
It's confirmed to be a nexus before Sidious' arrival though, as of the Rakata gaining interest int, because they were visiting Force strong worlds. I concede that it's true the strength of the nexus could have waned or bolstered over the centuries, but regardless, it was still a nexus.

You confirmed that it had some vague affinity for the Force twenty-five thousand years before the Emperor set foot on the planet, and I gave you examples of other nexuses whittling away into negligibility in significantly shorter timespans. Your case that the nexus was significant enough to invalidate Palpatine's showing is incredibly tenuous at best, and seems to me like a desperate effort to undermine the showing by pandering to obscure outside sources.

quote:
I agree on the "Palpatine is not the Sceptre of Marka Ragnos" bit, I'll give ya that one. The scan is relevant, however, because (iirc) it took place before any of his rituals, and Sidious and Vader both were still being amped.

You don't know when the rituals took place, so you can't say that. If anything, it sounds like the experiments were already underway since the corruption of the planet seemed to be underway?

And once again, this is irrelevant because Palpatine accomplishes the same draining off-world, hence there is no need for the benefit of the nexus. I've explained this to you already.

quote:
I assumed it to mean he was draining Byss to slow his aging and degradation to buy himself enough time to either get his clone bodies or find a way to live forever, as he intended. Draining Byss was a means to stave off death.

That he wants to prolong his life doesn't mean he was dying, and even if he was then that was presumably just due to how insanely strong he was in the dark side.

quote:
I agree that his hunger isn't really *exactly* the same as Nihilus', just that hunger WAS consuming Sidious.

Sure, in the same way that long-term use of the dark side consumed him and every other dark sider. There's no mark against him for that, as compared with Nihilus, who is clearly a disproportionate example.

Please don't quarrel over nothing next time.

quote:
I'm not saying the feat is unimpressive, just that it's not AS impressive as most here seem to think. He conquered the minds of the populace, and then began draining them. Now, I don't think any REASONABLE person would assume that Sidious could do this near continually for decades, so he must have been using SOME of the energy he got from the drain, to fuel his mind control of them.

That's an appeal to incredulity. Why should I or anyone else be concerned over your own judgement of what's reasonable? I for one don't find a number of your stances reasonable, and I'm sure you can say the same for me. So why try to restrict arguments based on what one person thinks is reasonable?

The entire point of why the feat is brought up is because it is pretty insane, which you finally seem to be comprehending now. Altogether, some pretty flimsy logic here. You decide that he has to be using some of the energy he got from the drain to fuel the mind control just because you want him to, even though he already had the population enslaved when he was draining them, proving he could perform both at once without external fuel?

quote:
Such as? I feel like you're gonna get into Sid's and Plagueis' meditation ritual, which I've been over NUMEROUS times now.

You mean to say that because you've been over this numerous times that you shouldn't be indulging me on this anymore? If that was the case, I really shouldn't be indulging you in any of the above points, which I've explained repeatedly already. And I'm not sure you've been understanding me at all in spite of that.

Anyway, no, I'm not referring to Sidious and Plagueis' meditation, because I was talking about other examples and that was the one we were discussing the entire time... I was referring to Plagueis' death, which released a tremor that unbalanced the Force even more than the ritual did, and that power went into Sidious.

quote:
Sorry that this response is bare-bones, and that it took me so long to get back to it. In all honesty, I DID plan on getting back to it sooner, but it slipped my mind because I had other things going on, been helping my Grandparents out a lot recently.

It's alright.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 03:17 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Say that again, I think I might just be convinced if I hear it a few more times.

You can hear people what people type?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 03:18 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Yes.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 03:23 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Yes.

I think ur taking the rank u gave urself a little too literally...

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayne
Revanite

Yes.

Nova has ascended.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 03:32 AM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote