KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: Rebels!

Star Wars: Rebels!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 136 137 [138] 139 140 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest

quote:
StarWars.com 3. Thrawn and Pryce.

Until now, Governor Arihnda Pryce has been a loyal subordinate and trusted ally of Thrawn’s, but her recklessness has cost him dearly and there’s no covering up what she’s done. Her decision to blow up a fuel pod in an attempt to take out the rebels has sidelined — and possibly permanently halted — Thrawn’s TIE defender program. There’s no doubt she will be dealt with harshly once Thrawn returns to Lothal. What will she do to save herself?

Apparently she answers to him.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 06:06 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Hand of God

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
In Imperial/Military matters, yes. In purely political matters, no.

That's why Thrawn was able to reprimand the living f*ck out of Pryce in the last episode. Even though the 'incident' occurred on Lothal(where she is Governor), it directly impacted the Imperial/Military TIE-Defender project, which falls under Thrawn's jurisdiction.
Okay, that makes sense. thumb up

One more question- who has more power Thrawn or Grand Moff Tarkin?

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Apparently she answers to him.
Thanks. cool

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 07:14 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

^Tarkin. Although both are members of High Command, so Thrawn doesn't seem to answer to him. Palpatine in Legends liked having his top subordinates not have too much direct command over each other so they couldn't consolidate in a rebellion, seems like this has carried over to Canon.

The North Remembers

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Mendax
Okay, that makes sense. thumb up

One more question- who has more power Thrawn or Grand Moff Tarkin?
While the rank of Governor/Grand Moff is *technically* civilian, Tarkin was allowed the uncanny ability/power to walk into almost any setting(be it civilian or Military) and usurp control of it. We saw this when he immediately asserted control over the Death Star after its initial test was successful; no questions asked(Krennic's hissyfit notwithstanding.)

We also know that Thrawn answers to Tarkin as well -- Rebels S03E20 made that abundantly clear...

Thrawn: "It's exactly this moment I have been waiting for... To wipe [the Rebels] out!"
Tarkin: "I want you to capture their leadership."
Thrawn: "In such a battle it may not be possible to take prisoners..."
Tarkin: "Ah, but a man of your talents will manage. If we are to crush this Rebellion, we must make examples of its leaders."
Thrawn: "As you wish, Governor Tarkin..."

Moreover, S04E10 told us that Tarkin was detrimental in diverting funding from Krennic's "Stardust" project, to Thrawn's TIE-Defender project. Additionally, Tarkin was able to arrange one-on-one meetings between Thrawn and Palpatine himself, in order for Thrawn to prove why his project was more valuable to the Empire than Krennic's(ie. the Death Star)... That's a lot of pull, right there.

On that note, I'm sure you can now understand why Thrawn was so infuriated when Pryce compromised his TIE-Defender project by destroying all the fuel stores on Lothal... He'd literally *just* went to bat for his project's superiority in front of the Emperor himself, and then she f*cked it all up.

Mark my words: Thrawn's downfall will be caused by the stupidity he is surrounded with, but I digress...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 24th, 2018 at 08:04 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Hand of God

Originally posted by Galan007
While the rank of Governor/Grand Moff is *technically* civilian, Tarkin was allowed the uncanny ability/power to walk into almost any setting(be it civilian or Military) and usurp control of it. We saw this when he immediately asserted control over the Death Star after its initial test was successful; no questions asked(Krennic's hissyfit notwithstanding.)

We also know that Thrawn answers to Tarkin as well -- Rebels S03E20 made that abundantly clear...

Thrawn: "It's exactly this moment I have been waiting for... To wipe [the Rebels] out!"
Tarkin: "I want you to capture their leadership."
Thrawn: "In such a battle it may not be possible to take prisoners..."
Tarkin: "Ah, but a man of your talents will manage. If we are to crush this Rebellion, we must make examples of its leaders."
Thrawn: "As you wish, Governor Tarkin..."

Moreover, S04E10 told us that Tarkin was detrimental in diverting funding from Krennic's "Stardust" project, to Thrawn's TIE-Defender project. Additionally, Tarkin was able to arrange one-on-one meetings between Thrawn and Palpatine himself, in order for Thrawn to prove why [i]his
project was more valuable to the Empire than Krennic's(ie. the Death Star)... That's a lot of pull, right there.

On that note, I'm sure you can now understand why Thrawn was so infuriated when Pryce compromised his TIE-Defender project by destroying all the fuel stores on Lothal... He'd literally *just* went to bat for his project's superiority in front of the Emperor himself, and then she f*cked it all up.

Mark my words: Thrawn's downfall will be caused by the stupidity he is surrounded with, but I digress...
thanks for the detailed response. it's easy to forget how damn powerful Tarkin was! big grin

One last question for now lol- it may not have been revealed yet, but why would the Emperor fund Thrawn's project OVER the Death Star? I'd always thought the DS was his priority??

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 08:14 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Mendax
One last question for now lol- it may not have been revealed yet, but why would the Emperor fund Thrawn's project OVER the Death Star? I'd always thought the DS was his priority??
Make no mistake, Palpatine DID want the Death Star become fully realized. As he saw it, a space station of that magnitude/power was the easiest and most feasible way to crush all opposition, dissolve the Senate(and with it any remaining semblance of Democracy), and rule the galaxy through fear of the Death Star's power.

Palpatine: "There will soon be no need to spread the Imperial presence across the galaxy. Once the Death Star is fully operational, its very existence will suppress all opposition." - Thrawn

That said, it was also made clear in Rogue One AND Rebels that many high-ranking officials within the Empire(including Tarkin) viewed the Death Star as little more than a gaping money-pit that yielded no legitimate results:

Tarkin: "In my view, Director Krennic's project has been nothing but expenses and excuses for years on end..." - Rebels

That said, after years of failures with the Death Star, Palpatine was looking into other alternatives to achieve the aforementioned dominance over the galaxy -- and one of those alternatives was Thrawn's TIE-Defender project. Aside from the fact that Thrawn's project had the full support of Tarkin, Palpatine himself also favored Thrawn... Unlike Palpatine, however, Thrawn believed the Empire's presence/resources should *not* be allocated to a single vessel, regardless of how powerful it is. Thrawn believed a flexible Navy was key to greater success/dominance:

Thrawn [speaking to Palpatine]: "I would also warn against diverting too many of the Empire's resources from a flexible navy of capital ships and starfighters to massive singular projects that can bring the Imperial presence to only one system at a time." - Thrawn

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 24th, 2018 at 08:38 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 01:41 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 02:05 PM
Zenwolf

I feel like the Emperor should appear in the final episodes, not any before. Still, should be good.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 04:38 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Word, wtf happened to the clones?
they're off doing something more awesome than the rest of the rebels, I'm sure.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2018 05:03 AM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by deathslash
do you mean all of the clones or just rex and friends?

Rex and his guys I'm sure, they were there and now all of a sudden...we only got Rex.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2018 05:04 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Rex and his guys I'm sure, they were there and now all of a sudden...we only got Rex.
I remember that wolfe wouldn't join them and Gregor probably stayed with him. With that out of the way, Rex is still with the rebels, and Kix is still in stasis.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2018 05:07 AM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

-_-

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 03:01 AM
ares834

What?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I don't have XD so post dem spoilers.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 03:04 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ares834
What?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I don't have XD so post dem spoilers.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The entire Season 2 final was just completely axed, all that tension in the duel, the final battle between Master and Apprentice was just destroyed.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Palpatine couldn't even manage to overpower two relative scrubs compared to him...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The whole Empire vs Rebellion shouldn't have even mattered, the Empire controlling the galaxy shouldn't even be any issue, where Ezra was he could have completely changed the fate of the galaxy at any time.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Literally NO one noticed Ezra and Sabine at all as they were doing their thing, in the middle of the dig site when there were Troopers and miners around, they only noticed until after everything started happening. It's beyond being stupid/incompetent, no one has any brains or eyes apparently.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 03:15 AM
ares834

Ah, shit. Sounds pretty terrible.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: How was season 2's ending destroyed? Did Ahsoka survive or something?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 03:20 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Ah, shit. Sounds pretty terrible.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: How was season 2's ending destroyed? Did Ahsoka survive or something?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yes she did, she's just now on Malachor. Before that whole bit, she did a spectacular ending which would have been an awesome send off...but no, now she's just hanging around on Malachor.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 03:24 AM
ares834

Jesus, I just read what happened on 4chan.

**** off Filoni.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 03:25 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jesus, I just read what happened on 4chan.

**** off Filoni.
What was that?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: So Tano's alive...did Palpatine struggle against fodder? I think we have a weapon to bash at the Sheevites with

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 03:54 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 04:03 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote