KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Ahsoka Tano vs Darth Vader (Cont.), Sheev Palpatine vs Ahsoka Tano / Ezra Bridger!

Ahsoka Tano vs Darth Vader (Cont.), Sheev Palpatine vs Ahsoka Tano / Ezra Bridger!
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
So once Palpatine had a beacon to hone-into(ie. Ezra/Ahsoka), he was able to use his own sorcery to essentially force his influence/power into *the* quintessential nexus point of *all* space/time... And very nearly enter that realm in the flesh without using a specialized gateway created by the 'Mortis Gods'..? Damn.

Unless I'm way off base here, that is one of the best canonical force feats to date -- if only because it depicts the sheer scale at which Palpatine can operate.
He didn't even have a beacon though. He just knew Ezra was in there.
And as we saw from the Vader fight, you can't tell there's someone watching you.

So in addition, Sheev somehow made a window into the dimension by somehow feeling Ezra, and lit as much of the nexus up as he could with blue flames that transform into a lasso he can pull himself through the window. Curious if he could always look into it, or has before and knew how (he knew what it was) and just set it up when he knew Ezra was in there.

I was half expecting the Owl to turn into the Sister and have to save them from Sheev.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Feb 27th, 2018 at 05:45 AM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 05:43 AM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh, Palpatine definitely knew about the nexus(his minion knew about it, after all)... But until Ezra/Ahsoka were actually within the nexus, he simply didn't know where to 'look'.

Once he was able to lock-onto their location, however, Palpatine's sorcery allowed him to reach across time/space and force his way into the nexus without accessing a formal gateway forged by the most powerful force-Gods in the mythos.

...It was quite something, tbh.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 05:57 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Here's where I am on it

Palpatine found a way to look into it, but he couldn't figure out how to pass when originally finding out about it. Him knowing Ezra was in there caused him to open the 'window' again and figured he'd try grabbing him.

Or he somehow locked onto Ezra's energy signal in a place beyond time and space, and made the window then.

Both of them involve him creating the 'window' and forcing power through. Both of them are incredible feats. Him sensing Ezra and doing everything from there is a bit better though. I go with option one because of how quick he did it, and his prior knowledge of it. Though option 2 is viable considering him shutting the gate seemed to close it off completely. Or we go back to option one and assume he's stuck just peaking in waiting for another to enter.

Him sensing Ahsoka would be him sensing her getting ripped out from the past, so I think it was just Ezra in that case. Otherwise it goes up a level.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 06:17 AM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by |King Joker|
God, you guys are so ****ing predictable, LMFAO.

lol, right back at you

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 06:29 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

should i not be impressed with her lol

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 07:07 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Canon finally greeted with Space fold type abilities.
Ignoring the Ones.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 08:47 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by |King Joker|
should i not be impressed with her lol
Did you doubt her ability to deflect such an attack with great difficulty before? It was my understanding that you had her at about Maul level force-wise before seeing her fate; this isn't anything out of that domain of power. If she did utilize tutaminis it's impressive to her development of skill with wielding the force more than anything (but then again Ezra managed to do so to which questions just how advanced of a technique it is).

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 11:43 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Galan007
So once Palpatine had a beacon to hone-into(ie. Ezra/Ahsoka), he was able to use his own sorcery to essentially force his influence/power into *the* quintessential nexus point of *all* space/time... And very nearly enter that realm in the flesh without using a specialized gateway created by the 'Mortis Gods'..? Damn.

Unless I'm way off base here, that is one of the best canonical force feats to date -- if only because it depicts the sheer scale at which Palpatine can operate.

thumb up

Ahsoka managing to hold her own is clear bullshit though. Filoni has ruined every major villain thus far, and I sense he is saving the main man Sheev for last.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 12:05 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by Azronger
thumb up

Ahsoka managing to hold her own is clear bullshit though. Filoni has ruined every major villain thus far, and I sense he is saving the main man Sheev for last.

Sidious was playing around, and Ashoka, barely managed to hold it back for 3-4 seconds, before needing help. Sidious was just laughing.

Sidious is known to hold back against his opponents to tease/torture them(aka Luke in ROTJ)

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 12:11 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Is Canon Sheev not as all powerful as you think? Or is he being really dumb there? Your choice.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 12:16 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

Originally posted by Azronger
thumb up

Considering they are basically on THE force nexus it's likely both her and Ezra were monumentally amped while Palps had to hold the gate open while attacking them with his own power.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 12:20 PM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

Yeah it’s probably like Goku’s Instant Transmission. He probably locked onto Ezra’s Force signature and went their. Really shows a total mastery of Sith magic.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 02:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Haschwalth
Sidious was playing around, and Ashoka, barely managed to hold it back for 3-4 seconds, before needing help. Sidious was just laughing.

Sidious is known to hold back against his opponents to tease/torture them(aka Luke in ROTJ)
Not to mention that she only managed to hold-back a fraction of the flames. The rest were diverted around them.
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Is Canon Sheev not as all powerful as you think? Or is he being really dumb there? Your choice.

I have canon Sheev substantially below his EU counter part, but that doesn't mean he was too weak to carry out his intentions in this scene. Time after time sith are perceived as being over-confident, and this appeared to be the case here.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 05:09 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Kurk
Not to mention that she only managed to hold-back a fraction of the flames. The rest were diverted around them.

Sheev not being able to focus his attack against a single opponent doesn't exactly make him look better. Though, they were diverted because she was diverting them, so I don't see your point as valid anyway.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 05:32 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Sheev not being able to focus his attack against a single opponent doesn't exactly make him look better. Though, they were diverted because she was diverting them, so I don't see your point as valid anyway.
Yes the attack was unfocused, but unlikely to be due incompetence on Sheev's end. He would later focus just on Ezra when pulling him in, and near the end split his attack to follow both of the separate jedi simultaneously.

It's reasonable to assume that his initial attack was an unfocused one meant to roughen them up (aka toy with them) before presumably going in for the capture.

Ahsoka diverted the flames, absorbed just enough to create a gap for her and Ezra, whatever you want to call it. It's not on the level of, for example, Kanan creating a barrier to hold back an entire wall of flames. It was only a fraction of Palpatine's power she was dealing with.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 05:57 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Greysentinel365
[B]Nothing new on the Vader vs Ahsoka front. I'm calling that a loss for her. She was still being forced back and would have been killed if not for Ezra.

Yeah, that she lost on a nexus was never disputed. That she is likely an inferior was never disputed. What was disputed was the notion that contending with Vader on a ds nexus places her on par with Ventress...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:45 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Yeah, that she lost on a nexus was never disputed. That she is likely an inferior was never disputed. What was disputed was the notion that contending with Vader on a ds nexus places her on par with Ventress...

LMFAO

Yeah the idea that Ventress is on her level is absurd.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:47 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by ares834

However, using this BS to save Ahsoka is dumb as hell.

Yeah, dunno why they didn't just show vader killing her.

Are they gonna fight a second time? I mean, it would get us the closure here which we should have had with the first fight, at the same time, it would just be dragging shit.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:51 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

anyway, i need ot know where i can watch this episode for free

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:53 AM
MythLord
Diamond

online smile
Also, according to Filoni, Yoda can also apparently access this world between worlds:
https://youtu.be/_XGJd_g1zDA?t=437
7:17 - 7:47

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 09:12 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote