KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread

Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

Tbh at this point with the way things are going for Rebels, I doubt the writers are caring about consistenty with one's power, just wanting to instead tell a story.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 03:18 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 03:16 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
just wanting to instead tell a story.

And not always a particularly good one at that.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 03:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Darth Vader #10 - Translations

In this issue Vader stole a memory crystal from Jocasta Nu, which revealed the names/locations/birthdates of force-sensitive children that were going to be recruited by the Jedi Order before the Republic fell:

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Here are the translations(from Aurebesh)...

1.) Darien Whit
-Alderan

2.) Scape Loewig
-Cathar

3.) Devin Hvitur
-Bespin

4.) Alaytia Taverre
-Kessel

5.) Kris Elioup
-Eadu

6.) Annali Bissa
-Corellia

7.) Nik Lowe
-Mustafar

8.) Jacque Porte
-D'Qar

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 10th, 2018 at 06:27 PM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 06:25 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hutchy1345

Bespin cool

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 02:48 PM
Click here to Send hutchy1345 a Private Message Find more posts by hutchy1345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was hoping Nal Hutta would be one erm

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 02:58 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I was somewhat surprised by the Musafarian child, myself... Not just surprised that a force-sensitive exists on such a world, but surprised that Vader or Palpatine hadn't yet sensed/found him, given all the dealings they've had there...

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 11th, 2018 at 03:21 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 03:19 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by Galan007
I was somewhat surprised by the Musafarian child, myself... Not just surprised that a force-sensitive exists on such a world, but surprised that Vader or Palpatine hadn't yet sensed/found him, given all the dealings they've had there...

well now remember that Anakin and Sidious referred to the location as the Mustafar "system" meaning there could be more than one planet in that area with that name otherwise why not just call it a planet right?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 08:36 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hutchy1345

Also interesting to see a force sensitive from eadu!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 12:47 PM
Click here to Send hutchy1345 a Private Message Find more posts by hutchy1345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Now do any of these names mean anything?

Seeing Ezra Bridger would have been cool but I suppose he probably wasn't born yet when this list was compiled. He was born on the day Order-66 was issued iirc.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 07:24 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Vader is in love with younglings.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Darth Vader #12

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 03:45 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Darth Vader (2/2):
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

-Vader creates his 'classic' lightsaber.
-Sheev makes Vader's rank/status within the Imperial hierarchy official... Though Tarkin was still intentionally left out of Vader's 'jurisdiction'.
-Vader cleans house.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 28th, 2018 at 03:49 PM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 03:46 PM
ares834

Nice to see Vader being confirmed as numero 2 in the Empire. thumb up

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 03:51 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Sheev still explicitly told Vader that Tarkin was off-limits... Which coincides with what we already knew: Vader commands ALL within the Empire, except for Tarkin.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 03:54 PM
ares834

Well Palpatine is talking about killing Tarkin here. But, yes, Vader apparently can not give Tarkin commands by the time of Rebels/ANH.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 04:01 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Still nice, again I hate the Inquisitor. Though I can't say I really like how they are doing Vader character wise, killing officers just because of some conspiracy.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 04:01 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ares834
Well Palpatine is talking about killing Tarkin here. But, yes, Vader apparently can not give Tarkin commands by the time of Rebels/ANH.
thumb up

I was just glad they were consistent about Tarkin's role. I mean, Palpatine essentially told Vader that he could kill *anyone* in the Empire, except Tarkin(because he's too much of an asset.) And as you mentioned: this was before Tarkin had attained his Grand Moff status.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Still nice, again I hate the Inquisitor. Though I can't say I really like how they are doing Vader character wise, killing officers just because of some conspiracy.
I'm not in love with his depiction thus far either.

I keep reminding myself that this series is set just a few weeks/months after RotS, so this is a very young/immature/emotional Vader, who is still trying to prove himself to everyone around him -- he's still a kid, ffs.

...So I'm trying to give his characterization the benefit of the doubt in that regard.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 28th, 2018 at 04:11 PM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 04:09 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

I was just glad they were consistent about Tarkin's role. I mean, Palpatine essentially told Vader that he could kill *anyone* in the Empire, except Tarkin(because he's too much of an asset.) And as you mentioned: this was before Tarkin had attained his Grand Moff status.

I'm not in love with his depiction thus far either.

I keep reminding myself that this series is set just a few weeks/months after RotS, so this is a very young/immature/emotional Vader, who is still trying to prove himself to everyone around him -- he's still a kid, ffs.

...So I'm trying to give his characterization the benefit of the doubt in that regard.

I mean that's all well and good if it's shortly after Mustafar, but there could be better ways of getting his point across. I dunno, maybe its Legends creeping up where he still has issues, it just wasn't so on the nose.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:01 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Funny thing is Tarkin might know who Vader really is given his history with Anakin in TCW. I think he's smart enough to figure it out eventually. It most be tormenting to Vader not being able to kill him.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:12 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

He figures it out in the Tarkin novel. And I doubt Vader would care. Maybe at this time (shortly after RotS) he might, but it seems the two of them have a mutual respect for one another.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:23 PM