KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread

Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

My thoughts while reading:

1. wtf? The inquisitor is a she? And I thought Ziro the Hutt's mom was gross. I do love the insolent comments about vader from her though.

2. Nice to see that Vader still retains his piloting skill

3. Meditation scenes are different to say the least

4. What would a new edition of the Vader comic be without wasteful killing of innocents or potential-filled imperial officers. Great way to run a military, right? They all fear you, but any spark of creativity or innovation is crushed at the fear of standing out of line.

5. Also, why say that anything out of Vader = Emperor's command? What Vader chooses to execute some meticulous plan to overthrow him lol?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:26 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
Funny thing is Tarkin might know who Vader really is given his history with Anakin in TCW. I think he's smart enough to figure it out eventually. It most be tormenting to Vader not being able to kill him.
In the Tarkin novelization, it was heavily implied that Tarkin had deduced Vader's true identity, but never came out and said it.

And I don't think Vader had any ill-intent toward Tarkin. Granted, it's set later in the timeline, but the same novel alluded to a mutual respect existing between them. /shrug

{edit}
ares ninja'd my ass. laughing out loud

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 28th, 2018 at 05:29 PM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:27 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Kurk
3. Meditation scenes are different to say the least
Yeah, they're pretty abstract, to say the least...

When we first saw his meditation visions a few issues back, I was left wondering what those little white butterfly-looking things were. This issue answered that question, as they evidently represented the last remaining flickers of good within Vader, as he snuffed them out in the final meditation sequence, just after Palpatine officially gave him Imperial power/rank and he slaughtered the officers.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 05:33 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's kinda sad how Tarkin is thought of as such an asset yet they kill him off in episode 4.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 05:48 AM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
It's kinda sad how Tarkin is thought of as such an asset yet they kill him off in episode 4.

in the long story Tarkin serves as anti Joseph to Palpatines anti Jesus if you will. He makes the same mistake Sidious does later on; hes smarter than everyone else in the room but he still cant let go of his own hubris at the end of the day... Tarkin thought the Death Star was indestructible just like Palpatine thought the Dark Side was irresistible and they both died for their oversights.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 10:33 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Darth Vader #13

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 03:36 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 03:36 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks for posting these, Galan.

Credit to Vader for not choking the shit out of Ackbar like he usually does to fodder who get in his way.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 04:09 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Mmm, that Jedi knows Vader’s true identity so it may be Obi Wan. But it doesn’t make sense for him to be away from Tatooine... he looks human, Quinlan vos maybe? That guy was confident he could take on the Inquisitors, so he sounds pretty powerful, and canon Vos could defeat the Inquisitors easily too..

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That unknown Jedi called Vader "Skywalker"; Kenobi typically called him "Anakin".

But yeah, this Jedi seems confident that he can beat the Inquisitors, which suggests he/she is pretty powerful. I have mixed emotions regarding Vos... On one hand I would love to see him appear again; on the other hand Vos popping up now means he'd probably get killed-off sooner than I'd like.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 07:45 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Is Vos' sexcapades with Ventress still canon?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 08:06 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yep.

Vos was also confirmed as still alive earlier in this series.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 08:08 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by Galan007
That unknown Jedi called Vader "Skywalker"; Kenobi typically called him "Anakin".

But yeah, this Jedi seems confident that he can beat the Inquisitors, which suggests he/she is pretty powerful. I have mixed emotions regarding Vos... On one hand I would love to see him appear again; on the other hand Vos popping up now means he'd probably get killed-off sooner than I'd like.
100% agreed, i’m looking forward to seeing more from him, but now in the sw timeline is a bit too soon

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 08:10 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

Maybe the pull a bait and switch and it's actually Maul.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 08:17 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solar Power

Didn't 6th brother get murked by Ahsoka in her novel? And that's the same inquisitor that was introduced in the earlier Vader comic, which was near the beginning of the Empire no? So he can't be a replacement.

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 08:32 PM
Click here to Send Solar Power a Private Message Find more posts by Solar Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, the Sixth Brother was killed when Ahsoka destabilized his lightsaber and caused it to explode, iirc.

But the Ahsoka novel was initially set one year after the events of RotS. This issue of Darth Vader was set three years after RotS, and the Sixth Brother is still alive.

So perhaps a bit of timeline-retconning is in order? Because I highly doubt he was replaced...

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 08:51 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Yeah, the Sixth Brother was killed when Ahsoka destabilized his lightsaber and caused it to explode, iirc.

But the Ahsoka novel was initially set one year after the events of RotS. This issue of Darth Vader was set three years after RotS, and the Sixth Brother is still alive.

So perhaps a bit of timeline-retconning is in order? Because I highly doubt he was replaced...

Why do you doubt it? At least to my recollection, the description of the Sixth Brother that Ashoka defeated doesn't match this one.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2018 10:46 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ I don't remember how the Sixth Brother was described in the novel off-hand. However, this Sixth Brother first appeared in DV #6, which was set very shortly after RotS -- Vader's armor was still considered "new" at the time, and he had literally *just* finished his very first mission for the Emperor.

Fast-forward to DV #13, which is set three years after RotS, and the same Sixth Brother is still around.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 12:58 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

juggernaut74 is online now!

^ I don't remember how the Sixth Brother was described in the novel off-hand. However, this Sixth Brother first appeared in DV #6, which was set very shortly after RotS -- Vader's armor was still considered "new" at the time, and he had literally *just* finished his very first mission for the Emperor.

Fast-forward to DV #13, which is set three years after RotS, and the same Sixth Brother is still around.
Quick question.

How do we know there is a 3 year gap between issue and #7 and #13?

As for the Jedi, I hope it's Eeth Koth as we don't know his true fate as of yet.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2018 02:14 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Quick question.

How do we know there is a 3 year gap between issue and #7 and #13?
Issue #1- Set literally minutes after the end of RotS. Vader leaves on his very first mission for Palpatine(ie. to kill Jedi Kirak Infil'a, and create a red kyber crystal for his own Sith lightsaber.)

Issue #6- Set a matter of days after issue #1. Vader returns after successfully completing his first mission. His original armor is stated to be newly constructed, and the Empire itself is stated to still be in its infancy.

Issue #13- The intro page(along with Palpatine himself) explicitly state that it has been 3 years since the Empire was formed.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 17th, 2018 at 02:41 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2018 02:38 PM