KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » why TLJ WAS NOT a movie of feminism or equality

why TLJ WAS NOT a movie of feminism or equality
Started by: aalyasecura95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 04:44 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Attachment: image.jpeg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 05:23 AM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

Did you buy those?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 05:57 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope, I saw them online and thought you needed extra

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 01:26 PM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

@Total warrior, I could quote u'r post properly for some reason.

"I agree with you aayla, great post. Boys nowadays are so insecure that as soon as they see a woman who’s not your typical damsel in distress they start seeing feminism everywhere."

While I see u'r point and agree alot of guys are like that, on the flip side alot of the time when a guy says something that he sees as a forced femmenist agenda or something similar, their opinion is chalked up as him just being a sexist by the other side.

Personally I feel that TLJ smacked of feminism, or sjw, or whatever u want to call it. It seemed forced to promote an agenda.

Now that doesn't mean I think that when I see any strong female character. Some of my favorite fictional action heroes of all time are women. Linda Hamilton's Sarah Conner is amazing, I love Ripley from Aliens, Trinity from the matrix and Aarya from GoT. I could go on and on, From Selene in underworld to Hermione in harry potter. None of them felt forced to me, it was just natural badassery. TLJ just seemed different to me.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 04:07 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aaylasecura95

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JKBart
ignoring the obviously 'tarded or trolling OP
have you ever considered that this sort of thinking is why this forum is dying?? when you just dismiss arguments as retarded because you do not understand the thinking behind them?? i have seen you do similar things to members such as chilled monkey when he tried to have an opinion outside the norm and it is very damaging to debate. members like you and darthant66 viciously mocked him and called him a retard for his views. now you are trying to pull the same tactics and as site head manager you should know better.

in regards to my op i would ask you to actually research feminist perspectives on things and try to understand feminist theory and how it is applied. i am not alone in my criticisms in this movie and some even go further than i do.

Originally posted by Trocity
Mansplaining... toxic masculinity...

Cringe level over 9000. Do me a favour and shove a rusty fishing knife up your fvcking vagina, you total pussy.
i am not silenced by your abuse. i have heard many similar things because feminists on the internet get this a lot from men when they touch on these sensitive topics. but that will not deter me from discussing them when they are important.

love and kindness:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHp69F7vrLU

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 09:26 PM
Click here to Send aaylasecura95 a Private Message Find more posts by aaylasecura95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Remember @JKBart , and my other anti-feminist peers:

"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, ART."

(please log in to view the image)

Read traditional feminist literature; understand their arguments; then tear apart these pseudo, attention-seeking, modern-day femi-nazis piece by piece using their own weapon against them.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

That's what Exar Kun thought.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 10:19 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ellimist
That's what Exar Kun thought.
Not familiar with him. Care to explain?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Kurk
Not familiar with him. Care to explain?

He studied Sith holocrons and was confident he could master the dark side without falling to it, but...well, let's just say he's known to history as one of the most powerful Ancient Sith Lords.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 10:35 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ellimist
He studied Sith holocrons and was confident he could master the dark side without falling to it, but...well, let's just say he's known to history as one of the most powerful Ancient Sith Lords.
Sounds like Dooku too.

That's a sh1t comparison to what I said btw; unless Thrawn is a Rebellion sympathizer now that he understands Hera and Twileks so much.

The dark-side of the force is addicting because it allows one to indulge in their emotions in an undisciplined fashion in return for instantaneous results.

The light-side requires self-discipline above all-else and is a long-term commitment.

I am not 'tempted' by feminist view-points lol. I am already indulged in being a selfish prick.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 11:03 PM
Trocity

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
Nope, I saw them online and thought you needed extra

I think you could probably use them in your vagina too.

Try it out, get back to me thumb up

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 12:12 AM
Haschwalth

You guys are just reaffirming Aayla's stance.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 01:52 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Trocity
I think you could probably use them in your vagina too.

Try it out, get back to me thumb up

As I don't have one I'll have to talk with your mom, give me a week, she needs her hedges trimmed, and I don't mean gardening.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 01:54 AM
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by aalyasecura95
have you ever considered that this sort of thinking is why this forum is dying?? when you just dismiss arguments as retarded because you do not understand the thinking behind them?? i have seen you do similar things to members such as chilled monkey when he tried to have an opinion outside the norm and it is very damaging to debate. members like you and darthant66 viciously mocked him and called him a retard for his views. now you are trying to pull the same tactics and as site head manager you should know better.

in regards to my op i would ask you to actually research feminist perspectives on things and try to understand feminist theory and how it is applied. i am not alone in my criticisms in this movie and some even go further than i do.

i am not silenced by your abuse. i have heard many similar things because feminists on the internet get this a lot from men when they touch on these sensitive topics. but that will not deter me from discussing them when they are important.

Sorry but feminism is a joke in this country.

Woman are not oppressed here.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 01:57 AM
Zentrex
Hi!

Aayla, or aalya or whatever it is, if you truly want discussion, why not respond to those comments which actually begin it? You reply to those who aren't focusing on discussing this. You seem as if you just want to convince them to see the "truth" you see, and don't actually care about discussing the things you posted.

And as far as your whole reverence for Anita Sarkeesian and Kat Blaque goes, it's not that we're not educated on these people, it's simply that we disagree with them. I'm sure that from your echo chamber everything seems like it makes sense the way you see it and all the people outside of it just seem misled. But other people have good points too. This has already been said by others, but I'll say it in my words. Two people can look at the same piece of data and come up with two different conclusions. This is not because one person is uneducated or stupid, it's because people are different, and think in different ways. Just because you believe something doesn't mean that anyone with your education would also believe the same thing.

The movie was clearly TRYING to push the agenda of equality. Now you can look at it and analyze it in a million different ways if you want to, and come up with whatever conclusion comes from your over analysis. But the creators were trying to make it look a certain way. And at the end of the day, does THAT even really matter. There is no reason to look at this film in terms of identity politics. If you have an answer to that, then please respond. Otherwise you just seem like you want to convince others of your position, instead of starting a conversation about it, as forums are meant to do.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 09:24 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aaylasecura95

Originally posted by Zentrex
Aayla, or aalya or whatever it is, if you truly want discussion, why not respond to those comments which actually begin it? You reply to those who aren't focusing on discussing this. You seem as if you just want to convince them to see the "truth" you see, and don't actually care about discussing the things you posted.
um excuse me??? i have responded to posts that have addressed the post such as nephthys who actually seemed to understand feminism and made some good inputs. however many here seemed to hate on feminism without justification and i am asking them to educate themselves so they can engage with the thread.

quote:
And as far as your whole reverence for Anita Sarkeesian and Kat Blaque goes, it's not that we're not educated on these people, it's simply that we disagree with them. I'm sure that from your echo chamber everything seems like it makes sense the way you see it and all the people outside of it just seem misled. But other people have good points too. This has already been said by others, but I'll say it in my words. Two people can look at the same piece of data and come up with two different conclusions. This is not because one person is uneducated or stupid, it's because people are different, and think in different ways. Just because you believe something doesn't mean that anyone with your education would also believe the same thing.
most of the hate against anita sarkeesian is based on propaganda spread via gamergate trolls and by male youtubers who had videos which pretended to debunk her but actually massively misrepresented her positions. most of her critics also do not seem to understand the theories behind her critiques which would explain why they react negatively to them. i have spoken to many anti-feminists and that is my takeaway.

quote:
The movie was clearly TRYING to push the agenda of equality. Now you can look at it and analyze it in a million different ways if you want to, and come up with whatever conclusion comes from your over analysis. But the creators were trying to make it look a certain way. And at the end of the day, does THAT even really matter. There is no reason to look at this film in terms of identity politics. If you have an answer to that, then please respond. Otherwise you just seem like you want to convince others of your position, instead of starting a conversation about it, as forums are meant to do.
okay they were trying to push equality but as i said there were many elements that were unsatisfactory from a feminist perspective. that is not 'overanalyzing', imo, just looking at SW through another lens. a truly inclusive movie would have looked a lot different from what we got and that is my criticism. of course the movie made some steps forward but not enough. keep in mind that star wars has been dominated by white male characters for years and it is really up to disney to start making amends and including their entire audience in the franchise

now you may ask why it is a job for a movie to be inclusive and take these steps towards equality and get involved in this sort of stuff? well movies and other media are ultimately a reflection of our society and have effects on our children. just look at the recent inspiring black panther movie which resonated with many black ppl and made them feel empowered. it got a lot of money for a reason and that is because minorities have been longing for representation in media and are now starting to get it.

love and kindness:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHp69F7vrLU

Last edited by aaylasecura95 on Mar 8th, 2018 at 06:32 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 06:23 PM
Click here to Send aaylasecura95 a Private Message Find more posts by aaylasecura95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

Lmao, ummm excuse me is right! Stop mansplaining, zentrex.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 09:36 PM
Insane Titan

laughing out loud this thread is gold.

Feminist nut jobs

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 07:35 AM
Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Aayla, you need to stop thinking from a group(Race/Sex) Identity ideological perspective.
Black people can think the same as white people ideologically, and disagree with other black/white peoples ideological positions.

Same with women, everyone can have a different view point regardless of Gender/Race.

Focusing on ones Race/Sex should be the last thing you do.

Tell me, how many minorities per say have complained about the original trilogy not being diverse enough? Ad don't bring up the SJW minority, they don't count.(as they complain about everything, and don't convey the beliefs of the vast Majority of people)

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 11:03 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote