KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » If KMC forums disappeared tomorrow

How would KMC disappearing affect your life long term?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
would overall improve my life 4 23.53%
would overall make it worse 3 17.65%
wouldn’t see much difference 10 58.82%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

If KMC forums disappeared tomorrow
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Question If KMC forums disappeared tomorrow

How would it affect your long term happiness and wellbeing?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 10:22 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

It would make it worse, I could never find out if Kurk finally offed himself.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 10:33 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SheGotHerOwn
Restricted

Account Restricted

****ing lol if you choose either improve or make worse

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 10:53 PM
Click here to Send SheGotHerOwn a Private Message Find more posts by SheGotHerOwn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Is That you aalya?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 11:04 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I regret ever coming back.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 11:05 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

No u don’t

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 11:32 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cs_zoltan

Id be pissed, then I couldn't see posts like this anymore

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 11:39 PM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Probably wouldn't make a difference at the end of the day. There would be advantages and disadvantages that cancel out.

Obviously while these forums are a cesspit of toxic personalities, it's a place of gathering for some of the most well-rounded and knowledgeable Star Wars fans. I enjoy reading the crafty arguments from our top-tier debaters like DMD, Ant, and ILS, but also just learning more about a galaxy far far away from human encyclopedias Zenwolf and Galan.

Comicvine and Reddit are the next best things, but pales in comparison to KMC.

With the loss of KMC I'd certainly lose a community of users to have/observe detailed discussions about SW with. Youtube, Reddit, and Comicvine are normie filled, so they would never suffice in the same way.

On the positive, if KMC went 404, I'd probably gain a significant portion of my time back. I by far spend the most amount of time on this site after Youtube. What that time would be put use to, idk. My academic grades would probably go up a little as my biggest distraction would be eliminated. Other positives might include a personality change as I leave the influence of toxic people (though tbh it's probably too late for that).

Originally posted by cs_zoltan

lol what were you expecting? A leave of absence from the site = me an heroed? Obviously my corpse won't be posting "Hey guys, I finally killed myself" in the battlebar. Sorry to disappoint :P

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 12:20 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Originally posted by Nephthys
I regret ever coming back.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 05:35 AM
Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Kurk
Probably wouldn't make a difference at the end of the day. There would be advantages and disadvantages that cancel out.

Obviously while these forums are a cesspit of toxic personalities, it's a place of gathering for some of the most well-rounded and knowledgeable Star Wars fans. I enjoy reading the crafty arguments from our top-tier debaters like DMD, Ant, and ILS, but also just learning more about a galaxy far far away from human encyclopedias Zenwolf and Galan.

Comicvine and Reddit are the next best things, but pales in comparison to KMC.

I mean I'm also on Comicvine, so if you can't ask me here, can ask me there.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 05:44 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

pretty much what Kurk said. But the difference here is that I don't spend all that much time on KMC anyway, so I wouldn't gain any significant amount of time back. This is just kind of a fun hobby which keeps my mind from other toxic things. And for quite some time, for some reason, I couldn't access KMC (it'd go to this page that said that there was a problem with the website when I logged in), so I just browsed around, logged out, and I can say that I would have preffered that that had not happened. Sorry for incoherent rambling, it;s like one A.M.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 07:33 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I would lose my main source of income. sad

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 09:23 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Lmao deadasses. We would all migrate over to CV and begin the terraforming process, like duhhhh

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 02:59 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

What do Comic Viners think of KMCers?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 04:20 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

We would have time to make more memes.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

You are a living meme already.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 06:03 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

I know I am.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote