KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Nick Gillard ranking question

Nick Gillard ranking question
Started by: The Merchant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Merchant

Shocked Nick Gillard ranking question

Does Nick explain how Anakin as a 9.loses to Kenobi who is an 8?

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:18 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

Here's Gillards take

"With Lucas. It’s not written by him. In EPISODE THREE, Lucas’s script would say, “a sword fight ensues” and he’ll tell you how much time you have to fill. My take on the whole duel was that Obi is the central character in that duel. He wouldn’t try and kill Anakin. The way I saw that fight was like having a fight with your girlfriend. That she’s just lost it and that she’s coming at you with everything she’s got. You can’t hit her-she’s a girl. So you try to defend her as long as you can until she breaks down. Then you can give her a cuddle. That was the way I saw it. Obi is taking it and taking it, and hoping it’ll lead to a point where Anakin will run out of steam."

~ Nick Gillard

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 05:27 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 07:46 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Nick apparently confirms Anakin and Obi-Wan were dating.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 08:22 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Greysentinel365
Here's Gillards take

"With Lucas. It’s not written by him. In EPISODE THREE, Lucas’s script would say, “a sword fight ensues” and he’ll tell you how much time you have to fill. My take on the whole duel was that Obi is the central character in that duel. He wouldn’t try and kill Anakin. The way I saw that fight was like having a fight with your girlfriend. That she’s just lost it and that she’s coming at you with everything she’s got. You can’t hit her-she’s a girl. So you try to defend her as long as you can until she breaks down. Then you can give her a cuddle. That was the way I saw it. Obi is taking it and taking it, and hoping it’ll lead to a point where Anakin will run out of steam."

~ Nick Gillard

And yet Obi Wan tries to kill Vader on multiple occasions during the duel...

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:06 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

And ends the fight by brutally slicing off all of his limbs and leaving him to burn in lava, lmao.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:15 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

"You can't hit her-she's a girl."

Most of the fist fights I've been in were actually with girls.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:40 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Gillard has said in the Making of ROTS, that Anakin and Obi-Wan couldnt get past each others defences because they Knew each other moves inside out.

So kind of consistent with the ROTS novel.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 10:20 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

It doesn't need to be consistent with novel, since novel is inconsistent with movie itself.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 11:52 AM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

So Gillard says Anakin is gay. Lmao The Chosen One, the Force god, is ****ing GAY!!!! laughing out loud

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 10:26 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Not seeing the issue there. #GayEmpowerment

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 09:32 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

The force is clearly female as said by our lord and savoir Kathleen Kennedy.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 11:55 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by MythLord
Not seeing the issue there. #GayEmpowerment

Men aren't naturally born as 'gay'.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 12:07 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Men aren't naturally born as 'gay'.

I mean, they are, but I'm not sure how or why that's relevant to Anakin's power?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 12:43 PM
Freedon Nadd

Are you naturally gay?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 01:10 PM
MythLord
Diamond

I mean, I guess it depends what you define as "naturally". It is a deviation in nature, sure, but it's still an occurance that happens in pretty much most species of animals and so far a scientific consensus is that it is something you're born with.

But, my major question is: Why and how is this relevant to a discussion about Obi and Annie dueling and Anakin being the Chosen One?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 03:27 PM
Freedon Nadd

Gillard said Anakin is gay. That's all. But it makes sense.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 03:36 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Maybe he's bi? Since he has a thing for Padme and Obi-Wan.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 05:23 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MythLord
Maybe he's bi? Since he has a thing for Padme and Obi-Wan.
I can link you my FF where he also has a thing for Sheev smile

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 05:26 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Kurk
I can link you my FF where he also has a thing for Sheev smile

I'm sure you can. But please don't.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 05:30 PM