KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Maul weaker in Rebels, Confirmed!

Maul weaker in Rebels, Confirmed!
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Well, after two years, we've finally got evidence. Maul's post prime. I assume matt martin is part of the story group, Ant?

This should teach you to apply your own context to Filonis comments. Unless he says it directly dont use it as evidence.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Originally posted by LordOfTheLight

But at this point of time, what logic can we expect from Disney(Kylo>Luke)?

Kylo > Luke may not be that bad because of Luke potentially being out of practice. Kt's hard to gauge power levels in the ST so far.

Especially Rey........

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 10:56 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Darth Thor
This should teach you to apply your own context to Filonis comments. Unless he says it directly dont use it as evidence.

What contexts? Lal.

Before matt martin's post we had a single piece of evidence where maul's combative abilities were referenced, said comment implied growth.

In addition we were told Maul's anger and hatred had grown. and we know maul spent most of the 15 being active.

The addition of new evidence doesn't justify skip bayless tier revisionism.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

What contexts? Lal.

Before matt martin's post we had a single piece of evidence where maul's combative abilities were referenced, said comment implied growth.

In addition we were told Maul's anger and hatred had grown. and we know maul spent most of the 15 being active.

The addition of new evidence doesn't justify skip bayless tier revisionism.

So youre still refusing to admit you were Twisting quotes all this time to use as Fake Facts. When you were literally the only one buying into those so called Facts. Wow, the arrogance. Cant say Im surprised though.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2018 01:20 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Did he degrade in the force?

Because if he did, it is strange that Maul actively seeking new sources of knowledge and exploring ancient sites in order to obtain holocrons, as well as being the head of a criminal organization probably being physically active as well, degrades in the force, while Kenobi, doing nothing, but meditating occasionally for the same time period, becomes more powerful. His poor showings do indicate that he may have degraded there as well, since the force plays the most important role in combat.

But at this point of time, what logic can we expect from Disney(Kylo>Luke)?

He was supppsedly stranded on Malachor for years. That would explain why he was out of practice. I brought that up as an argument many times but Pro Ashoka camp and the Maul hater camp would just brush that aside as baselsss speculation.

With Kenobi on the other hand, I would think more time meditating would be useful to a Jedi.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2018 01:26 AM
LordOfTheLight

Yeah, but how would that factor into him degrading in the force?

I personally just avoided this whole issue.

Last edited by LordOfTheLight on Jun 3rd, 2018 at 07:42 AM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2018 07:39 AM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Season 4 was consistently good. The commentary applies accurately to the first 3 seasons though.

Eh.. IMO Filoni should have killed Ahsoka off. Keeping her alive is just fanservice.
On top of that, there was more of those dumb space whales that we got from season 2. The imperials are just as incompetent as they were before. And they do a lazy job making them feel threatening.
Kanan's death was so predictable. They literally spell it out for you at the beginning of the episode.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2018 09:33 AM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah, but how would that factor into him degrading in the force?

I personally just avoided this whole issue.

I think age has always been a negative, but knowledge, experience, training a positive.

So some users seem to get better with age due to more knowledge, experience, training. But if you just have the age, but without the added knowledge, experience, it will tend to be more of a negative.

Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Eh.. IMO Filoni should have killed Ahsoka off. Keeping her alive is just fanservice.

Yes. This. Filoni played favourites over story.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2018 11:38 AM
TheIndyJedi

I can safely say TCW Maul is > Rebels Ahsoka now.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2018 02:37 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Probably. But what about Post-ROTJ Ashoka? Who knows how powerful she will grow to be.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2018 05:32 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote:
So youre still refusing to admit you were Twisting quotes all this time to use as Fake Facts.

Applying occam razor isn't "twisting quotes." I just base my claims based on the least convoluted interpretation of the evidence, and, unlike you, I'm open to new evidence changing my stance.

But hey, let out your negative emotions early, and you might end off happier than the Zabrak in question. Suppression's not a great approach to life, ie: Anakin.

Ahsoka drove Maul back on a nexus, so no, you can't, not unless you have some way to gauge how much he declined.

Also, Ahsoka has like 8 years left to grow as we see her at the rebels. There's also more material for her coming up, so we're better off waiting to see. Here are some key potential takeaways though:

-> In disney canon characters(or at least sith) start to decline earier than they did in legends. Legends Dooku was at his peak in ROTS, Maul declined. at like 50 despite being fairly active post ROTS(with the exception of a 3 year stretch in the middle). Dunno about jedi though, based on Feloni's commentary and Kenobi deepening his connection, it might be the opposite for them

-> We can't assume growth for characters

-> Anger may not amplify dark side powers across the board.

-> Disney canon gives zero ****s about scaling or power levels.

-> Feats may not be a very reliable metric in new canon. LOTS Vader is outclassing Maul's best showing(which clearly uses up all his effort), but a post prime Maul is on the same tier as Rebels Vader?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2018 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Applying occam razor isn't "twisting quotes." I just base my claims based on the least convoluted interpretation of the evidence, and, unlike you, I'm open to new evidence changing my stance.

laughing out loud

I sense a shit load of butthurt.

There was no evidence, because it was never their view. You were given the correct interpretation multiple times, and yet you kept twisting his quote completely out of context so that it supports your preferred stance, and then kept on presenting it as a fact. You even created a whole thread on the subject.

No being told directly to your face that the story group disagrees with your preferential interpretation is not you being open minded. Thats you stuck in a corner and not being given any choice but to change your stance.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 02:44 AM
CuckedCurry

“Hello I’m salt”—Saltbroskywalker

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 06:48 AM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Rocky’s defense is extremely sad in light of being flat out told he’s an idiot. Just take the L.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 02:12 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Thor ain't taking no shit. Kinda like he didn't when he put Stormbreaker through a fully-powered Thanos' chest after no-selling his doomray.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 02:22 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by AncientPower
Thor ain't taking no shit. Kinda like he didn't when he put Stormbreaker through a fully-powered Thanos' chest after no-selling his doomray.
Thor lost. Thanos achieved his goal and won. At the end of the day that’s reality, sport.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 02:25 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Older and out of practice does not equate to weaker. The rampant retardations about this topic has got to end, if not on this forum in general.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 07:03 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Older and out of practice does not equate to weaker. The rampant retardations about this topic has got to end, if not on this forum in general.
In terms of formidability it definitely does. Maul was well past his prime. It’s a fact no need to be salty over the confirmed obviousness.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 07:37 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

[B]Eh.. IMO Filoni should have killed Ahsoka off. Keeping her alive is just fanservice.

I don't disagree. Stupid as hell Vader wasn't just shown killing Ahsoka.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 09:54 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

He was supppsedly stranded on Malachor for years. That would explain why he was out of practice. I brought that up as an argument many times but Pro Ashoka camp and the Maul hater camp would just brush that aside as baselsss speculation.

No, lal. We never brushed off the 3 years he spent stranded. We just also remembered that Maul was active for the other 12 years fighting off a rebellion, causing chaos for the empire, collecting artifacts, and looking for holocrons. It;s amazing how you're still resorting to strawmen when your stance has been validated.

laughing out loud

[B]Well, after two years, we've finally got evidence. Maul's post prime.

[B]This should teach you to apply your own context to Filonis comments. Unless he says it directly dont use it as evidence.

quote:
So youre still refusing to admit you were Twisting quotes all this time to use as Fake Facts. When you were literally the only one buying into those so called Facts. Wow, the arrogance. Cant say Im surprised though.

I brought that up as an argument many times but Pro Ashoka camp and the Maul hater camp would just brush that aside as baselsss speculation.

quote:
Quanchi said:Originally posted by Quanchi
Rocky’s defense is extremely sad in light of being flat out told he’s an idiot. Just take the L.

Originally posted by Cuckedcurry
T“Hello I’m salt”—Saltbroskywalker

[B]laughing out loud

Lal, the irony is real.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 10:09 PM