KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Jerec - Wound in the Force?

Jerec - Wound in the Force?
Started by: Freedon Nadd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Freedon Nadd

Jerec - Wound in the Force?

quote:
"His heavy brow overshadows the empty recesses that normally embrace eyes. Jerec has the uncanny power to absorb and overshadow one’s connection to the Force… like a dark cloud. A deep, empowering grasp of your will is what you need."
―Qu Rahn as a Force ghost, to Kyle Katarn

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 04:25 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Now I know some might say that Kyle cut him off from the Force. But did he really? All I remember is that Kyle pushed a few stones to gradually disrupt Jerec's Jedi Valley boost.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 06:27 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

why the fvck not!?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 07:06 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I really have to replay the whole series again. After KOTOR I need to freshen myself up on it.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 07:16 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

He was a Miraluka.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Is he? I thought he was just a blind man. Unless sourcebooks.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 06:57 AM
Freedon Nadd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I really have to replay the whole series again. After KOTOR I need to freshen myself up on it.

Not necessarily. You could just watch that battle on YouTube. Unless your inner geek screams out to re-play it.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 07:02 AM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by MythLord
why the fvck not!?

Refrain from using such words on my thread without a valid reason.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 02:56 PM
Freedon Nadd

Curious to know what people think now.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 06:09 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

All the force users in the EU were wounds in the force.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 06:11 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Lots do seem to fit the description. It's not really clear where the line between wounds and non-wounds is drawn, though.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 06:18 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Tzeentch
All the force users in the EU were wounds in the force.

Why do you say that?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 04:49 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Lots do seem to fit the description. It's not really clear where the line between wounds and non-wounds is drawn, though.

I think wounds in the Force are those who experienced traumatic Force events and they subconsciously partly disconnected themselves from it.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 04:50 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

No, that was the case with the Exile, but I do not believe it to be the rule. It doesn't seem to apply to the other force wounds introduced in KOTOR2, neither Malachor V nor Darth Nihilus.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 08:45 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

No, that was the case with the Exile, but I do not believe it to be the rule. It doesn't seem to apply to the other force wounds introduced in KOTOR2, neither Malachor V nor Darth Nihilus.

1. Darth Nihilus was the byproduct of the mass shadow generator
2. Malachor V is both a wound and a Force nexus

Old Post Dec 5th, 2020 05:10 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

You haven't made a point.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2020 06:58 AM
Jmanghan

You haven't made a point.
LMAO

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 5th, 2020 08:18 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I've always attributed the Exile's wound status (and Nihilus's as well) as somesorta nebulasa connection to Malachor V, perhaps because she was bonded to a bunch of people who died during the Mass Shadow Generator activation. All the Jedi talk about how the Exile is an echo of Malachor. There certainly seems to be more to it than the fact that she cut herself off from the force.

Last edited by ares834 on Dec 5th, 2020 at 10:37 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2020 10:34 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by ares834
I've always attributed the Exile's wound status (and Nihilus's as well) as somesorta nebulasa connection to Malachor V, perhaps because she was bonded to a bunch of people who died during the Mass Shadow Generator activation. All the Jedi talk about how the Exile is an echo of Malachor. There certainly seems to be more to it than the fact that she cut herself off from the force.

I think that the mass shadow generator was like some sort of lesser zildrog.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 05:32 PM
Freedon Nadd

You haven't made a point. But I haven't either.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 05:33 PM