KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Jaden Korr never reached his full potential.

Jaden Korr never reached his full potential.
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Jaden Korr never reached his full potential.

Dude was one of the most powerful Padawan's in SW History, and he was 14, taking on people that gave Kyle Katarn trouble, whose power were enhanced by an ancient sith lord, that Jaden was still able to defeat in single combat, then after that, nothing.

Sure he did have some bad-ass shit going on, but nothing that was so far ahead of what he already accomplished.

I would have thought for sure that he would've surpassed Kyle, and yes, he's extremely close, but he isn't even Kyle's equal. (Even if I do think Jaden surpassed him in force).

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 05:25 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

He was just 14 back then? Well that’s very impressive, even better than Anakin Skywalker at his age

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 05:36 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Yeah, it's kinda weird though, how he never got as far as he could've.

(Also, did you finish Republic Commando yet?)

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 05:37 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

I mean he didn't really defeat the real Marka Ragnos.
He beat just a spirit that possessed a weak body

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 11:15 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
I mean he didn't really defeat the real Marka Ragnos.
He beat just a spirit that possessed a weak body
A weak body that was already powerful enough to take on Kyle Katarn that was further empowered by an Ancient Sith Lord.

Jaden fought through a big amount of enemies, Tavion herself, then Marka Ragnos possessing Tavion's body.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 02:10 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Yeah I could "take on" Kyle Katarn and get wrecked too. So what if she fought him?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 02:31 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yeah I could "take on" Kyle Katarn and get wrecked too. So what if she fought him?
She was able to contend with him in Jedi Academy during a cutscene.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 06:05 PM
Freedon Nadd

Jaden didn't fight Ragnos. That's part of video-game mechanics. He just defeated her via ambush and Ragnos got pooped out.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 10:05 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Jaden didn't fight Ragnos. That's part of video-game mechanics. He just defeated her via ambush and Ragnos got pooped out.
He possessed her body, I'm not sure how else you're supposed to take that.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 11:04 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

*disgusted noise* Responding to both of you would require the bare minimum effort, but I ain't about that life, so imma *****, and add nothing to the conversation.

We love a self-aware shishtar

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 12:47 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Jmanghan
He possessed her body, I'm not sure how else you're supposed to take that.

Ragnos possessed Tavion.
In that fraction of second, Jaden ambushed Tavion and Ragnos was expelled from her body. It's like when Cassie ambushed Shinnok in MKX and kicked his ass(those rounds were only game mechanics) In reality, Shinnok just got ambushed by Cassie and he got "Caged".

You really think Jaden can beat Ragnos, especially when he had his lifeforce/Force energy scepter?

That weapon is a game-over if it weren't for game mechanics.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Jul 12th, 2018 at 09:16 AM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 09:13 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Apparently there was supposed to be a sequel to those two Jaden Korr books... but... legends died.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 05:48 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

he was prolly gonna get assblasted by krayt, lets be honest

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 07:01 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by NewGuy01
he was prolly gonna get assblasted by krayt, lets be honest

iirc Kemp said that Jaden's book were gonna serve as prequel/sequel to the FOTJ? the one's with Abeloth and the appearance of the One Sith. He said he wanted to have Kyle and Luke interact with Jaden story. Or something to that extent.

Ragnos possessed Tavion.

No shit lol

quote:
In that fraction of second, Jaden ambushed Tavion and Ragnos was expelled from her body.

The burden of proof is on you to provide. As to my knowledge, and I am the only **** that gives/gave a shit about Korr, so I'm pretty knowledgeable. there isn't any sort of material that states that "in that fraction of a second." Jaden one shotted Possessed!Tavion

quote:
It's like when Cassie ambushed Shinnok in MKX and kicked his ass(those rounds were only game mechanics) In reality, Shinnok just got ambushed by Cassie and he got "Caged".

Irrelevant

quote:
You really think Jaden can beat Ragnos, especially when he had his lifeforce/Force energy scepter?

Prolly not when he was alive,no.

quote:
That weapon is a game-over if it weren't for game mechanics.

Not exactly, considering Jaden's taken a full shot of the scepter from Axmis before he even began any formal Jedi training, and was evidently powerful enough to form an instinctive barrier and only be knocked out, rather than be destroyed like his saber, and a bunch of durasteel walls were. It's not an automatic game over.

Y'all are trash, I am too, but y'all take it to another level.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 12:42 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

It was a Force blast, not a Force drain attack, IIRC.
If you really think Ragnos could be defeated(especially when being on a Dark Side nexus) with a scepter(containing huge amounts of Dark Side energy) by Jaden where Jaden's Light Side abilities would be hindered. Then you delude yourself.
We don't know how the whole thing went on. I was making an assumption. But this seems the plausible scenery.

Also you forget that the scepter was not at full power when Jaden was knocked out.

When it comes about video-games - only cut scenes or in-game cut scenes are canon, rest of it is just game mechanics(gameplay for fun)

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Jul 13th, 2018 at 10:42 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 10:40 PM
Jmanghan

It was a Force blast, not a Force drain attack, IIRC.
If you really think Ragnos could be defeated(especially when being on a Dark Side nexus) with a scepter(containing huge amounts of Dark Side energy) by Jaden where Jaden's Light Side abilities would be hindered. Then you delude yourself.
We don't know how the whole thing went on. I was making an assumption. But this seems the plausible scenery.

Also you forget that the scepter was not at full power when Jaden was knocked out.

When it comes about video-games - only cut scenes or in-game cut scenes are canon, rest of it is just game mechanics(gameplay for fun)
So we should just assume Jaden ambushed every enemy he fought.

Why is it so hard for you to get it into your thick skull that Jaden won that fight in single combat? He was already doing damn impressive things like taking on tons of Dark Jedi adepts and even masters by his lonesome.

He and Kyle Katarn made an assault on Darth Vader's castle on Vjun and nearly succeeded.

I guess he must've ambushed an empowered Rosh too.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 05:08 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
iirc Kemp said that Jaden's book were gonna serve as prequel/sequel to the FOTJ? the one's with Abeloth and the appearance of the One Sith. He said he wanted to have Kyle and Luke interact with Jaden story. Or something to that extent.

No shit lol

The burden of proof is on you to provide. As to my knowledge, and I am the only **** that gives/gave a shit about Korr, so I'm pretty knowledgeable. there isn't any sort of material that states that "in that fraction of a second." Jaden one shotted Possessed!Tavion

[/b]
Irrelevant

Prolly not when he was alive,no.

Not exactly, considering Jaden's taken a full shot of the scepter from Axmis before he even began any formal Jedi training, and was evidently powerful enough to form an instinctive barrier and only be knocked out, rather than be destroyed like his saber, and a bunch of durasteel walls were. It's not an automatic game over.

Y'all are trash, I am too, but y'all take it to another level. [/B]

First off, calm down there Ghetto Fabulous.

Secondly, who is Y'all?

Jaden Korr was good, but I am 100% sure he never reached his full potential, just because something was GOING to happen, doesn't mean it did. Jaden had the clear potential to be much better then Kyle Katarn in every aspect including duels, but we almost never see it.

Sometimes we can see it such as when Korr was holding off a clone of himself and a Katarn clone, his showings against Mother, and more, but he never gets to that level consistently enough that he should be seen as a powerhouse. Good duelist, good force user, but still below Kyle Katarn ever-so-slightly, enough that he'd give Kyle immense trouble, and possibly even a draw, whereas Jaden has enough inconsistencies where we can doubt his force superiority over Katarn, there's no question that Katarn is a better duelist then Korr, maybe not by much, but he's clearly better.

Jaden had the potential to be on the level of at least Mara Jade, if not Jaina Solo.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 05:14 AM
The Merchant

Huh, mentioning all the odds stacked against Jaden during his fight with Ragnks makes him sound a much bigger badasa then I remember.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 07:30 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Jmanghan
So we should just assume Jaden ambushed every enemy he fought.

Why is it so hard for you to get it into your thick skull that Jaden won that fight in single combat? He was already doing damn impressive things like taking on tons of Dark Jedi adepts and even masters by his lonesome.

He and Kyle Katarn made an assault on Darth Vader's castle on Vjun and nearly succeeded.

I guess he must've ambushed an empowered Rosh too.

1. You are comparing fodder warriors to an ancient Sith Lord(equipped with a nigh weapon which can siphon Force energy)
2. You are right. We don't know how Jaden made his way throughout the non-playable cut scenes. He can fight, be stealthy, and use the environment to his advantage. If the Jaden vs Ragnos fight was real. Then Ragnos would just siphon his lifeforce and kill him there.

This is why it is gameplay. It is for a reason.

And don't insult me, please.

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Jul 14th, 2018 at 08:17 AM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 08:15 AM