KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Which is better Star Wars: Republic Commando, or Star Wars: Battlefront II (Classic)?

Which is better Star Wars: Republic Commando, or Star Wars: Battlefront II (Classic)?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Which is better Star Wars: Republic Commando, or Star Wars: Battlefront II (Classic)?

Which is the better FPS?

Talking base game.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 12:32 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Tbh i’ve spent a lot more hours on BF1, playing every scenario with any faction etc. I think Bf1 is more intertaining, and can be played again for far more time, while as far as RC is concerned, once you’ve finished the campaign you don’t really feel the need to restart from the beginning. They are 2 good games though

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 02:41 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

BF2 is the same formula... done better though, with more scenarios, playable Jedi, etc.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 03:46 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

BF2 by far.
Honestly I wasn't into Republic Commando that much.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 03:47 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
BF2 by far.
Honestly I wasn't into Republic Commando that much.
People say if you just want a game to screw around with, you should play BF2, but if you want a game with super deep FPS elements thats kinda difficult, Republic Commando is the one to play.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 04:21 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Jmanghan
People say if you just want a game to screw around with, you should play BF2, but if you want a game with super deep FPS elements thats kinda difficult, Republic Commando is the one to play.

Thus it's kinda hard to compare these games and see which one is greater, they both have vastly different things to it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 04:52 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Republic Commando at the time. Mainly because kid me was geeking the **** out on Kashyyyk when you A. Encountered General Grievous face to face B. Yoda speaks to you.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 05:38 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

BF2 is the same formula... done better though, with more scenarios, playable Jedi, etc.
oh for some reason I read BF1. Yeah, bf2 is even better

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 05:46 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Thus it's kinda hard to compare these games and see which one is greater, they both have vastly different things to it.
They're practically in the same genre...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 06:15 PM
Zenwolf

They're practically in the same genre...

And? It’s still different in terms of what the games are doing play wise. The only thing similar is basic FPS mechanics.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 06:27 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

BF2 has far greater re-playability, and i generally just more entertaining.

As far as pure FPS action goes though Republic Commando blows BF2 out of the water, imo. I always preferred BF2's third person perspective.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 08:14 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

RC was really fun, but BF2 poops on it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 08:20 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

One is a SP tactical shooter while the other is Battlefield in Space. How can they even be meaningfully compared?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 11:05 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I think RC offers a much tighter gameplay experience, everything is pretty damn solid and taken very seriously.

Not that Battlefront wasn't, but as an FPS, just an FPS?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2018 10:59 PM