KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread

Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
"Superman is... dead? Find out how in this week's issue!

It was a ruse, Superman only died inside from his uncle molesting him! Tune in next week to find out how Superman murders his entire family (with kindness), and sprays their blood all over the walls (for Halloween decoration with food coloring), and cheats on his wife with Jimmy Olsen (with his penis and Jimmy's arse)"

Covers lie to put asses in seats. My favorite one is when Vulcan beats Gladiator on a cover and the audience is like "Oh darn, that's a scary dude", and then it turns out he gets one shotted. It's interesting, people want to see what happens, and why that happens.

Well I was meaning objects and the like, not like people or beatdowns. But fair enough.

Example in the cover above, Tarkin is holding an SE-14r repeating blaster pistol, yet in the issue he has no such weapon.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 12:52 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Darth Vader #19 - The story of Eeth Koth comes to an end

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 8th, 2018 at 03:33 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 03:24 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 03:25 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

Translations:
-Yoda
-Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Coleman Kcaj
-Oppo Rancisis
-Selrahc Eluos (Charles Soule backwards)
-Ka-Moon-Kholi (not sure if this is an accurate translation, as the text is hard to see.)

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 17th, 2021 at 06:58 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 03:26 PM
Zenwolf

So...I mean I get the whole hiding thing, but this "Jedi turning against other Jedi or succumbing to their anger/fear whatever" is something I hope isn't gonna be the norm. Koth was gonna tell Vader where other Jedi were...that one Jedi Master who's name I can't remember let cities/people get destroyed...

Last edited by Zenwolf on Aug 8th, 2018 at 03:41 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 03:37 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Oh oppo and Coleman are still alive. Good. Well there are a lot of powerful Jedi still around: Yoda, Obi Wan, Quinlan vos, Koth, Rancisis, Kcaj etc considering that Inquisitors are fodder, VAder is no where close to full-power, I guess that if they teamed up together they could possibly take out the emperor and vader

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 04:15 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Yoda/Vos vs Palpatine
Kenobi va Vader
The rest vs Inquisitors

The could take it

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 04:16 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Too edgy for me.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 04:23 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Very dark
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: he way the Inquisitor stole the Jedi

Also Poor Koth never stood a chance, and was very clearly desperate to keep his family alive. I can get his motivations

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 04:35 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Quinlan Vos better run

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 04:39 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by carthage
Very dark
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: he way the Inquisitor stole the Jedi

Also Poor Koth never stood a chance, and was very clearly desperate to keep his family alive. I can get his motivations

Can Darth Bane beat Koth??

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 05:22 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

yes, i believe he can. he is over vader's level, my guess, though he is slightly under darth tenebrous

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 10:40 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
yes, i believe he can. he is over vader's level, my guess, though he is slightly under darth tenebrous

My comment was meant to be a joke, as the guy above despises Bane

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 10:48 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Not a bad issue to be honest. I like the dark tone.

How are people interpreting the duel? Was Vader keeping him alive until his family were caught? If not, an out of shape, out of practice and emotionally tilted Koth held up pretty well. On the backfoot, sure, but that was a long duel, time wise.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 11:35 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, Vader did state that the emotions Koth was feeling during their battle made him considerably more powerful than he ever was(or would have been) as a Jedi.

That said, Vader still dominated him.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 9th, 2018 at 12:16 AM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 12:11 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

So did this issue confirm Vader outranks Tarkin?

Or was that already established?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 12:45 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Vader only 'outranked' Tarkin before he was a Grand Moff... But even when Vader did 'outrank' him, Palpatine made it clear that Tarkin was still beyond his retribution/jurisdiction:

But in the recent Annual, Palpatine himself reestablishes the fact that Grand Moff Tarkin most definitely outranked Vader:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

*This fact is also corroborated by numerous other sources, btw.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 01:07 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Vader choked him out with ease
He could’ve ended the fight anytime

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 01:39 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
My comment was meant to be a joke, as the guy above despises Bane

Sorry couldn't sense sarcasm if it slapped me in the face

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 02:18 AM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

It's worth noting that Eeth Koth landed at least two or three glancing blows or near hits on Darth Vader in this fight. In one panel, we see Eeth Koth striking Vader's helmet (though the attack leaves no visible damage, we can clearly see that the helmet was struck on the 8th page that was posted). Also, at the end of the fight, we can see that Vader's right arm and the cloak over his left leg are both rather tattered, showing that Koth landed either glancing strikes or near misses.

This is probably Koth's best showing, considering the only other lightsaber duel we've seen him in (that I recall) was against Grievous, in which he didn't fare all that well. Sure, Koth was certainly inferior here, but it doesn't appear it was by too much if he was able to land a few blows. And we know in canon that Vader>RotS Anakin, as the suit doesn't appear to hinder him in canon the way it did in Legends.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 07:19 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote