KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread

Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

At this point I think the main purpose of the series is to show us the fates of the Jedi who survived the Purge -- that has been its central theme since day one. /shrug

What I do like about this series are the little tidbits that have been sprinkled here and there. ie. how Vader created his kyber crystal and lightsaber, how the Inquisitorius was formed, the numerous former Jedi that are part of the Inquisitorius, Luke finding Jocasta's Jedi archives in the future, lists of surviving Jedi, etc.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 04:03 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Thrawn was a far better tactician than Tarkin.

Tarkin outranked Thrawn, however, for a few simple reasons:
a.) Palpatine had known Tarkin a LOT longer(they first met well before the events of TPM), and was responsible for fashioning him into the military/political figurehead he eventually became... Wilhuff was always in Palpatine's favor.
b.) Tarkin was already a Grand Moff when Thrawn first joined the Empire.

wasnt there also a law where aliens couldnt be really high rank, and the highest alien is thrawn, right behind vader.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 05:09 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

did tarkin have more knowledge of ships or weaponry or something because that is what he focuses in.

Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

my opinion of course.

Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
wasnt there also a law where aliens couldnt be really high rank, and the highest alien is thrawn, right behind vader.
It wasn't a formal 'law', no. It was more of a generalized prejudice against non-humans that stemmed from Separatist alien factions during the Clone Wars.

did tarkin have more knowledge of ships or weaponry or something because that is what he focuses in.
Very doubtful, as Thrawn's knowledge of ships/weaponry also includes that which lies in the Unknown Regions.

Tarkin was a better politician, though. Thrawn never cared enough to try and be 'politically astute' -- he was a warrior.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 14th, 2018 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 05:42 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Galan007
It wasn't a formal 'law', no. It was more of a generalized prejudice against non-humans that stemmed from Separatist alien factions during the Clone Wars.

Very doubtful, as Thrawn's knowledge of ships/weaponry also includes that which lies in the Unknown Regions.

Tarkin was a better politician, though. Thrawn never cared enough to try and be 'politically astute' -- he was a warrior.
maybe that is why palpatine put him ahead, thank you, I learn much about the empire coming from you galan. I appreciate it.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 08:07 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Darth Vader #20

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 04:14 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(2/2):
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

*When Vader sensed 'weakness' from those Inquisitors, he destroyed them in rapid succession... But what I am looking forward to most is Vader establishing his throne on Mustafar -- I'm interested to see more of his castle. thumb up

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 04:16 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Did he have a castle?!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 04:24 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Um, yes? It was prominently featured in Rogue One:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 04:31 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

More Vader goodness from Doctor Aphra #23:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 04:35 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

oh that, i seem to remember i wouldnt call that a castle, but you know... what is this thread even about?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 04:38 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

So do you just post random shit in every thread without having a clue what the thread is actually about? FFS. The scans are from the newest darth Vader issue. Galan was kind enough to post them here. The end.

On topic- supposedly upcoming issues are supposed to explore the inner workings of Vader's castle and by the looks of this comic we should be seeing that really soon. i agree it will be awesome. cant wait. big grin

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 05:31 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

First time I was half interested in the Inquistos and what they did. I’m also looking forward to Vader on Mustafar as well

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 05:35 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Alright I can give some points, the Inquisitors weren't completely stupid this time around...or just boring. Still not into their whole setup, but small credit where small credit is due for this issue.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 06:00 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

oh that, i seem to remember i wouldnt call that a castle
Disney canon would:
(please log in to view the image)

wink

Originally posted by Sheev
On topic- supposedly upcoming issues are supposed to explore the inner workings of Vader's castle and by the looks of this comic we should be seeing that really soon. i agree it will be awesome. cant wait. big grin
Originally posted by Total Warrior
I'm also looking forward to Vader on Mustafar as well
Same.

And by the sounds of upcoming solicits, Vader's castle will be modeled after the designs of Lord Momin(an ancient Sith sculptor):
quote:
"FORTRESS VADER Part 4"

*The Tale of LORD MOMIN!
*Plans are drawn...
*A foundation is laid...
*And darkness rises on MUSTAFAR!
quote:
"FORTRESS VADER" - PART 5"

*Darkness rises above MUSTAFAR as the brutal designs of LORD MOMIN begin to take shape.
*But the planet's inhabitants cannot take this desecration lightly, and shape plans of their own.

...Which isn't a huge surprise, given that Lord Momin was first mentioned in the Lando series(also written by Soule):
https://i.imgur.com/HKJoGX6.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AGXa0Od.jpg

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 06:14 PM
darthbane77

Damn, these Vader comics are good.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 06:15 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

The real reason Vader killed the inquisitors is because they were bumping uglies. Jealous, no pussy getting mother****er! laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 06:24 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread

Instead of making a different thread anytime a new Vader comic/series is released, I thought it might be best to make a single thread that can act as a compendium of sorts for ALL Vader-related issues.

So please, feel free to post any noteworthy information/scans pertaining to the canon Vader comic books here.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 19th, 2018 at 03:53 PM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 06:27 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Alright I can give some points, the Inquisitors weren't completely stupid this time around...or just boring. Still not into their whole setup, but small credit where small credit is due for this issue.
well rather than facing Vader that could have just hid themselves tbh

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 06:44 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote