KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Epiosde 7, 8 or the prequel trilogy

Epiosde 7, 8 or the prequel trilogy
Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediRobin23
K. After you tube. Is there anyone who wants to talk about SW yet?

whaaaat?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 02:08 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by JediRobin23
K. After you tube. Is there anyone who wants to talk about SW yet?
It's kinda difficult to make sense of your sentences sometimes. Most of the times.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Prequels for sure, I figured ST had the edge in hot women but then i remembered Natalie Portman in ep 2 so that advantage went out the window as well

Old Post Feb 18th, 2018 04:15 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

I liked the PT more. The sequel trilogy is just too... I wanna say childish? Almost like it was made more for a young audience than us older Star Wars fans. Which makes sense for Disney financially, but is disappointing. Not to say I don't enjoy the new films, they just could be so much better.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Rebel95
I liked the PT more. The sequel trilogy is just too... I wanna say childish? Almost like it was made more for a young audience than us older Star Wars fans. Which makes sense for Disney financially, but is disappointing. Not to say I don't enjoy the new films, they just could be so much better.

as an old-old fan, from my point of view the PT fit the same description. childish and overly concerned with hooking the current generation of kids from toddlers to 20-somethings. however i saw RotJ when i was 9, so i wasn't particulary bothered by the childish things like ewoks, tarzan-calling, and burp gags. from a fresh perspective i might call the whole thing childish.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
as an old-old fan, from my point of view the PT fit the same description. childish and overly concerned with hooking the current generation of kids from toddlers to 20-somethings. however i saw RotJ when i was 9, so i wasn't particulary bothered by the childish things like ewoks, tarzan-calling, and burp gags. from a fresh perspective i might call the whole thing childish.

I guess you're right. I was thinking more of Episode III, which had a bit of a darker tone and is probably my favorite SW movie. But I definitely like the sequels more than TPM and AOTC now that I think about it.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2018 03:29 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BazookaMaster

PReqeuels are way better.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 03:46 PM
Click here to Send BazookaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by BazookaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Prequels.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 09:34 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

You are 44 now, really? Bloody hell, I remember when you were 32 and you used to give me shit for being late 30's hahahaha funny stuff Bash. It was always childish I saw A new hope when it came out and I was in Primary school. Come on RotJ has ****ing soft toys running round.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Putinbot1
You are 44 now, really? Bloody hell, I remember when you were 32 and you used to give me shit for being late 30's hahahaha funny stuff Bash. It was always childish I saw A new hope when it came out and I was in Primary school. Come on RotJ has ****ing soft toys running round.

43 at the moment. smile even in ESB, the most adult-oriented episode, one of the stars was a muppet ffs.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 03:23 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i signed up in june 2004 at the tender age of 29. the reason i signed up is because episode 3 hype was in full bloom, and they allowed links for distribution of star wars 'hyperspace' production photos and videos, which was technically piracy. arrrrrr

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:22 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

43 at the moment. smile even in ESB, the most adult-oriented episode, one of the stars was a muppet ffs.
True that is.

43 will go so fast... 44 faster etc, but you're seeing it first hand and know it already. 29, the crazy thing is the time from episode 6 to episode 1 is about the same as episode 3 to now give or take and I guarantee episode 1 doesn't seem as long ago for you as RotJ did when 1 came out. Ha, we are all geezers now.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I was 16 when I first joined KMC. Now I'm 30. It doesn't seem possible.

2004 was a magical time here for sure.

I like George.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 10:15 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sith Master X
I was 16 when I first joined KMC. Now I'm 30. It doesn't seem possible.

2004 was a magical time here for sure.
Yeah 2004-2006 were the heyday here.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 10:21 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Putinbot1
True that is.

43 will go so fast... 44 faster etc,

43 will go in 6 weeks, so i hope not

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 01:19 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Prequels.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 02:30 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

imo the PT had the potential to be far greater and fell completely short, while the NT is better than i had anticipated; perhaps because of my drastically lowered expectations after the PT. whatever the case i like the new trilogy much more, but i have no motivation to highlight and defend it's merits since i didn't like it that much. to put it another way: if these were the first films released after the OT, i would probably have a less favorable opinion of them. yet currently i find TLJ to be a massive breath of fresh air.

I agree with this. The prequel trilogy is only watchable because of the hilarious memes that have sprung up from them. And because Revenge of the Sith is pretty good. Phantom Menace and AotC are both borderline unwatchable, imo.

On the other hand, I've enjoyed both the ST films so far.

I do think PT had better world building, though. That's something the new trilogy has been lacking overall.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 11:20 PM
Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

only one i find unwatchable is ep2. though i havent seen any PT since like 2005

Old Post Sep 25th, 2018 10:40 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Other than Jar Jar being a tad annoying and some pacing issues, I've never understood the hate for TPM. It's really not that bad at all. Although ROTS is my favorite, of the 3 prequels, TPM feels the most "OT" like to me in terms of "look" because it was actually shot on film.

Each of the prequels had something special to me. TPM had the best "look" AOTC had the best soundtrack, and ROTS had the best pacing. There are elements of brilliance in all 3 movies, that just fell a bit short in terms of comparisons to the OT.

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Sep 26th, 2018 at 09:55 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 09:52 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone defending the Sequels is actually a homosexual, it's in the Talmud. Bashar is a stupid boomer.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2018 10:22 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote