KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Maul weaker in Rebels, Confirmed!

Maul weaker in Rebels, Confirmed!
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheIndyJedi

[QUOTE=16619162]Originally posted by Rockydonovang
[B]I don't disagree. Stupid as hell Vader wasn't just shown killing Ahsoka. [/

If Ezra didn't interfere, she would have died. Classic Filoni PIS storytelling.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 12:27 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
[QUOTE=16619162]Originally posted by Rockydonovang
[B]I don't disagree. Stupid as hell Vader wasn't just shown killing Ahsoka. [/

If Ezra didn't interfere, she would have died. Classic Filoni PIS storytelling.

It's still pointless without us [i[seeing[/i] Vader doing it.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2018 11:26 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
No, lal. We never brushed off the 3 years he spent stranded. We just also remembered that Maul was active for the other 12 years fighting off a rebellion, causing chaos for the empire, collecting artifacts, and looking for holocrons. It;s amazing how you're still resorting to strawmen when your stance has been validated.

Who said it was 3 years stranded, and 12 fighting?

Where are you getting your figures from?

Are you still making up your own canon Rocky? Have you not learned anything?

Yes you and the Pro-Ahsoka camp always brushed off Maul being stranded for years.

Heck youre brushing it off again right now Lol. Trying to counter balance it with how many years he was supposedly fighting for. Figures which again, youve always completely made up. Yet you were presenting them as FACT.

But hey, thats how you Troll.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 02:22 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Who said it was 3 years stranded, and 12 fighting?

Disney XD's website We know what he was doing the other 12 years because we're told/shown what he was doing:

-> We're told he's looking for holocrons
-> We're told he's been fighting off Ahsoka's rebellion between tcw and rots
-> Rogue One shows him overseeing hit as a crime lord
--> Maul says he's been looking for artifacts
-> He's earned a reputation as a "shadow" with the inqusitors

Off course, you might have caught on to this if you'd ever bothered to actual read what people said.

But you didn't, so now we're left with

quote:
a shit load of butthurt.

It's time to move on Asgardian. Having grasped desperately for more than year, Matt Martin has given you the validation you seek.

Rejoice son of asgard, authorial intent has saved you.
https://youtu.be/05dT34hGRdg?t=1m32s

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Disney XD's website We know what he was doing the other 12 years because we're told/shown what he was doing:

Off course, you might have caught on to this if you'd ever bothered to actual read what people said.

It's time to move on Asgardian. Having grasped desperately for more than year, Matt Martin has given you the validation you seek.

https://youtu.be/05dT34hGRdg?t=1m32s

Literally nothing you stated there proved he was at his peak (or even close to it) during Rebels. Because youre still being dumb trying to balance out unquantifiable shit like Seeing Artifacts to him being marooned, old and completely out of practice for years.

No Matt Martin has confirmed you were making up fake news all this time and presenting it as “Fact.”

So Im all good as I was right all along. But its time you admitted your arguments a trash tier.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 12:08 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

This conversation in a nutshell:
quote:
No Matt Martin has confirmed you were making up fake news all this time and presenting it as “Fact.”

So Im all good as I was right all along. But its time you admitted your arguments a trash tier.

quote:
I sense a shit load of butthurt.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 12:12 AM
Red Heathen

Originally posted by quanchi112
I knew it and **** all the idiots who claimed he was in his prime. Retards.

Originally posted by CuckedCurry
Aka Kuckbromemewalker

This is him as well as RockyD? If so, he stated on CV that Maul was only past his prime and glory days psychologically. There's an argument to be had there, but he deteriorated physically as well, as backed up by Martin's quote (older/out of practice).

Well, after two years, we've finally got evidence. Maul's post prime. I assume matt martin is part of the story group, Ant?

So Maul;s post prime, but he's still comparable to someone who held off sidious's flames for serveral seconds?

It was on a nexus, but for the gap to be that big, then Vader being held holistically as >= Ahsoka makes no sense.

In regards to RockyD's post above and to others on here, Maul was mentally and physically past his prime. There are a lot of interviews that discuss how Maul never psychologically evolved beyond wanting revenge against Kenobi. I think it was Filoni who said that Maul was stuck in a loop. Even when he dueled Kenobi, he thought Kenobi wanted to relive the fight between Maul and Jinn on Naboo, and Maul stupidly fell for it, thus ending in his death.

There is nothing to indicate that Maul lost power in the Force, not even in Martin's quote. I would suggest looking for Filoni interviews, even Witwer's, that they gave for the "Twin Suns" episode. If a person is psychologically hindered, then they will never be at their best regardless of power.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 09:20 PM
Click here to Send Red Heathen a Private Message Find more posts by Red Heathen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Heathen

No, lal. We never brushed off the 3 years he spent stranded. We just also remembered that Maul was active for the other 12 years fighting off a rebellion, causing chaos for the empire, collecting artifacts, and looking for holocrons. It;s amazing how you're still resorting to strawmen when your stance has been validated.

1. You do not explain how you arrived with the number three. I'm not looking it up, but I'm pretty sure that Filoni said that we don't know how long Maul was on Malachor. Regardless of that (because I'm not looking for the original source), I've yet to find anything anywhere that states Maul was there for three years, so would you please share the source?

2. I think your statement about what Maul specifically was doing helps with my earlier statement that being past his prime and glory days does not necessarily equate loss of power.

3. Rogue One shows Maul overseeing what? Hit? Hit what? And where in RO do we see Maul? We now know from Solo that Maul was the crime lord of Crimson Dawn, but either way, the last time we saw him in SOD, he was a crime lord. What does this have to do with three years stranded on Malachor? And again, I missed the RO reference. Mind helping me out with that, please? What did I miss?

4. What authorial intent saved Thor?

He didn't read what quotes? Yours?

Applying occam razor isn't "twisting quotes." I just base my claims based on the least convoluted interpretation of the evidence, and, unlike you, I'm open to new evidence changing my stance.

But hey, let out your negative emotions early, and you might end off happier than the Zabrak in question. Suppression's not a great approach to life, ie: Anakin.

Ahsoka drove Maul back on a nexus, so no, you can't, not unless you have some way to gauge how much he declined.

Also, Ahsoka has like 8 years left to grow as we see her at the rebels. There's also more material for her coming up, so we're better off waiting to see. Here are some key potential takeaways though:

-> In disney canon characters(or at least sith) start to decline earier than they did in legends. Legends Dooku was at his peak in ROTS, Maul declined. at like 50 despite being fairly active post ROTS(with the exception of a 3 year stretch in the middle). Dunno about jedi though, based on Feloni's commentary and Kenobi deepening his connection, it might be the opposite for them

-> We can't assume growth for characters

-> Anger may not amplify dark side powers across the board.

-> Disney canon gives zero ****s about scaling or power levels.

-> Feats may not be a very reliable metric in new canon. LOTS Vader is outclassing Maul's best showing(which clearly uses up all his effort), but a post prime Maul is on the same tier as Rebels Vader?

OMG THE NEXUS AND AHSOKA AND MAUL AND...you stopped posting on CV saying that you were retiring from debating, but you've been here doing it. The same stuff. The same arguments. However, I'm glad that on here you admit that Maul was past his prime. Period. Whereas on CV you argued that he was only past his prime psychologically. Thanks for finally agreeing with me. It took two years, but here we are. big grin big grin big grin

For someone who assumes so much in their arguments and uses their own opinions as valid sources, I'm surprised you're telling anyone not to assume something when arguing.

But on the other hand, it's great to see someone admit that feats aren't always reliable; however, when did anyone say that Maul was on the same tier as Vader? Are you talking about Filoni's quote regarding Ahsoka...blow to blow...Vader and Sidious? And then linking that with the fact that there was no winner nor loser in their duel on Malachor? Or maybe not because you also said that Ahsoka was beating Maul back on a nexus. IDK, I'm confused. Can you please help me out here with that source? The last time I watched Rebels season 2 finale, Maul knew he'd lose to Vader, so I've obviously missed the info you're talking about.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 09:47 PM
Click here to Send Red Heathen a Private Message Find more posts by Red Heathen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

smile

Old Post Jan 28th, 2019 08:26 AM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Originally posted by Petrus
Can we all agree that Maul is just miles below Kenobi as of Rebels?

So, yeah?

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 11:31 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

RedHeathen

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 11:42 PM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

there's a godfather 3 quote that addresses heathen's post quite well. con someone do the honors?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 05:39 AM