KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread

Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
In your opinion is this comic as a serious superior to the other Darth Vader comic ?
I don’t think so, I would rather gave worked for vader’s, more story being told, I love it

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 03:33 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Have not gaved

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 03:33 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Have not gaved
it’s gaven*

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 05:12 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Total Warrior
it’s gaven*
... thanks... i guess...

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 05:17 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

You’re welcome, i can speak henglish better than anyone here so if you have any doubt just ask me wink

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 05:33 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

You’re welcome, i can speak henglish better than anyone here so if you have any doubt just ask me wink
ok then, i obviously need all the help i can get.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 05:35 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
In your opinion is this comic as a serious superior to the other Darth Vader comic ?
I like that the new series is exploring the direct aftermath of RotS/Order 66 in detail, and giving us tons of insight into several other Vader side-stories... But from a storytelling/artwork standpoint, the first series was superior, imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 09:08 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 07:13 PM
Mendax
Hand of God

I'm enjoying that they are getting into more exotic lore like this. good issue. thumb up

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

cool issue. i always love hearing about new Sith Lords

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 10:35 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

Lord Momin was first referenced back in the Lando series(also written by Charles Soule.) Palpatine had acquired several relics Momin created -- and said relics(particularly the mask) can utterly corrupt those in close proximity to them:
https://i.imgur.com/lf2msJE.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uomUXKF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/HKJoGX6.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AGXa0Od.jpg

*Hence why the mask possessed Roggo in this issue and had him whip up preliminary designs for Vader's castle.

Also, Soule confirmed that the mask of Lord Mommin was hidden in Jocasta Nu's secret vault in the Jedi Temple. Palpatine took the mask when he gained entrance to the vault back in issues #9-10:
https://i.imgur.com/Q7oMGrp.jpg

Solicits for the upcoming issues...

(please log in to view the image)
quote:
"FORTRESS VADER" - PART 4

-The Tale of LORD MOMIN!
-Plans are drawn.
-a foundation is laid.
-and darkness rises on MUSTAFAR!

quote:
"FORTRESS VADER" - PART 5

-Darkness rises above MUSTAFAR as the brutal designs of LORD MOMIN begin to take shape.
-But the planet's inhabitants cannot take this desecration lightly, and shape plans of their own.

quote:
"FORTRESS VADER" - PART 6

-The FORTRESS will stand, but at a terrible cost.
-The fire will come to MUSTAFAR, and all will burn.
-The final design is revealed, woven from war, treachery and pain.

I am honestly looking forward to this arc quite a bit. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 13th, 2018 at 02:07 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 01:57 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I just read it. I find it enjoyable for the fact not did they just speak of Momin p, they showed him as well. Unlike many comics that speak about a Sith and are never again mentioned.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 02:10 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Eh, Momin himself wasn't shown in this issue. All we saw is an Imperial officer wearing his mask.

We might see *the* Lord Momin next issue in a flashback. Either way, we're definitely going to get his backstory.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 02:16 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Did one of the local inhabitants use the force? In that scene when Vader arrives one of them does something with lava

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 02:43 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Take no him out of almost every holocron in all the archive?! He definitely had some strong force views. I wonder what time he lived, I can’t find a good description for that in the comic.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 02:48 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Did one of the local inhabitants use the force? In that scene when Vader arrives one of them does something with lava
Yeah, I wasn't really sure what to make of that:

But Vader will be culling the natives in issues to come, so I'm sure we'll see what abilities they have soon enough.

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Take no him out of almost every holocron in all the archive?! He definitely had some strong force views. I wonder what time he lived, I can't find a good description for that in the comic.
All we know right now is that Momin is an "ancient Sith sculptor":

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 03:02 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Hopefully, Momin doesn’t end up to be another Darth Atrius.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 03:26 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Certainly there is one glaring similarity between them: Atrius' lightsabers corrupted any who held them. Momin's mask/relics also have the same type of corruptive effect on those around them. Disney canon seems to be leaning toward the "older = more powerful" school of thought, atm.

That said, Momin's story is evidently quite uncommon among Sith(as Palpatine himself noted), so I expect his backstory to be completely unique/original.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 13th, 2018 at 04:13 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 04:10 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

If they decide to make a backstory.
The only thing we got out of Atrius was that he was a Sith Lord that was alive when the Sith were plentiful and that he had a pair of crossguard lightsabers. I dearly hope that they even make his own copy of the Darth Vader series for it would fit along the story. I was very disappointed wuth what they did to Atrius, I am just joping that they don’t mess it up.

The way I would make this story line is that Atrius and Momin lived in the same time period. Maybe one could have killed the other to show which one was more powerful. They seem comparable, wouldn’t it be interesting if they shared the same master for awhile. It would be like a Plagueis and Venamis conflict between the two. That is my opinion though/shrug...

Yeah, that didn’t feel right. I am going to leave the shrugging to you. laughing

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 04:29 PM