KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » SWTOR 5.10 Update Information

SWTOR 5.10 Update Information
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

SWTOR =/= KOTOR. Having him in the game at all was clearly intended to just be a callback/easter egg; they didn't him to upstage their new characters (i.e Malgus). He ended up getting his own expansion later, but I don't think it was part of the plan at all, and it really seems like they shooed him away as quickly as possible once the expansion was over.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 10:40 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

I'm betting its Ood Bnar, as the legendary jedi Master.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 08:39 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Garbage expansion. Heavy spoilers.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Malgus survived. He’s currently working under Emperor Vowrawn (LMAO), who took over after Acina died. Acina is the one who put Malgus back together (expect Malgus to be much more machine than man now), and Malgus was subservient to her as well. If you do the Imperial storyline, Malgus aids you in killing Gnost Dural, if you do the Republic storyline Gnost Dural aids you in killing Darth Malora, a member of the Dark Council. Either way, Malgus survives and along with Vowrawn has some sort of plan to set into motion.

In terms of past beef, Malgus seems pretty chill towards the Outlander, and clearly respects his strength. It seems Malgus has been relegated to sub-Dark Council tier in terms of relevance, though. That said, he still (possibly) has the insane feat of surviving the fight in FE + the explosion of the space station that would have destroyed the Republic/Imperial Fleets.

Overall, though, pretty shitty stuff.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Last edited by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ on Oct 13th, 2018 at 07:09 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 07:04 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vitiate
Venenum - The Lord

Wait what

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 07:17 PM
Click here to Send Vitiate a Private Message Find more posts by Vitiate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

G
A
R
B
A
G
E

I'm officially a sheevite.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 07:21 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Hey, wait. Wasn't Vowrawn the dude who was put on a Death Field by a random, failed apprentice and had his ass saved by the Wrath?

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 07:29 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vitiate
Venenum - The Lord

The guy is a loser, yeah

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 07:32 PM
Click here to Send Vitiate a Private Message Find more posts by Vitiate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

To be honest, after reading the mined data, it seems it's just an introductory chapter for more Malgus badassery.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: There's enough dialogue pointing that Vowrawn and Acina "control" Malgus through some kind of subterfuge, especially the part where the Wrathlander is skeptical about someone like Malgus following them. I wouldn't discard that Malgus is going to be the final boss, with a proper history development this time.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 08:01 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I think it’s pretty evident that Malgus is no equal of the Outlander, though.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 08:31 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Even if he demonstrates just some kind of loose parity with the Outlander later I'm satisfied. I will not discard the possibility of him pulling some ace, however. smile

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 08:49 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
I'm officially a sheevite.

(please log in to view the image)

Shall you commit your debating career to His Imperial Majesty? Will you bend the knee and vow to eradicate the infidels who would seek to defile and profane his unimpeachable splendifariousness?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 08:56 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Makes no sense...but then never stopped BW before..

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 09:43 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

quote:
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Even if he demonstrates just some kind of loose parity with the Outlander later I'm satisfied. I will not discard the possibility of him pulling some ace, however.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Malgus more or less claims inferiority to the Outlander, though. I suspect Malgus and the Empress have something in store.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 11:01 PM
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Malgus more or less claims inferiority to the Outlander, though. I suspect Malgus and the Empress have something in store.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The tone of their conversations is very interesting. Seems like Malgus is acting against his wishes. Let's see what happens next.

Also, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Darth Jadus has been confirmed to be dead by Gnost Dural.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 11:19 PM
Vitiate
Venenum - The Lord

Originally posted by TenebrousWay

Also, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Darth Jadus has been confirmed to be dead by Gnost Dural.

Noooooooooooooooooooo

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 11:31 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Vitiate
Noooooooooooooooooooo

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 11:33 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Well at least they stuck with something.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 11:36 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Malgus is subservient because Vowrawn/Acina is the Emperor/Empress. That still depends on your choice on Iokath. If you choose Republic she dies and Vowrawn becomes Emperor. If you choose Empire then Jace Malcom dies and she remains Empress.

Also Malgus being sub-Outlander isn't surprising. Following on the logic of the Hero stalemating him, then a far better Outlander getting wrecked by Arcann, before becoming stronger than everyone bar Tenebrae by the end of KOTET and being given the accolade of being the most powerful Force-user in the galaxy afterwards. Yeah, Outlander is the MVP now.

More importantly, Malgus just gets more and more powerful.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 12:57 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

AP, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: In the dialogue scripts there's the implicit but rather obvious mention that Malgus is following Acina/Vowrawn due to some subterfuge they did, probably during the reconstruction, but it hasn't been disclosed yet. Later, even the Wrathlander literally wonder why someone like Malgus is following those chumps.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 01:11 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well at least they stuck with something.

No, Jadus didn't die in the first place. sick

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 06:40 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote