KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars Resistance - Discussion Thread

Star Wars Resistance - Discussion Thread
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

I have been, but it’s kinda hard not to compare when it’s bad.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Oct 13th, 2018 at 12:06 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 12:01 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: Re: About Star Wars: Resistance

Saw it. Hard to sit through. Just has it on in the background.

But I dunno, maybe kids would like it. Thats clearly the target here.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf

Yeah....great showing for this supposed elite Preatorian Guard?? In that he couldn't take out 3 pilots who should be inferior, it's just.....ugh.

It was made clear that aside from Poe none of them were a match for him. Kaz was clearly going to die before Poe came giving the other 2 an opportunity to escape.

So this would have been the last thing on my mind had you not brought it up.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 06:59 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Re: Re: Re: About Star Wars: Resistance

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Saw it. Hard to sit through. Just has it on in the background.

But I dunno, maybe kids would like it. Thats clearly the target here.

It was made clear that aside from Poe none of them were a match for him. Kaz was clearly going to die before Poe came giving the other 2 an opportunity to escape.

So this would have been the last thing on my mind had you not brought it up.

Sure, but it seemed to me that the chase had been going on for some time before Poe got involved.

But alright, plot protection there, I'll take it.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I'm about 5 minutes in to episode 1 and it does seem pretty garbage.

I like that the dude voicing Poe sounds like he went through puberty 3 times compared to Oscar Isaac.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 06:46 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Urm, that dude was Oscar Isaac.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 09:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 01:21 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not even Poe himself gives a shit about this series, lmao.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 02:13 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
Not even Poe himself gives a shit about this series, lmao.

Wah wah waaaaaah.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 02:55 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Urm, that dude was Oscar Isaac.
You're bullshitting me.

edit- Mother of God, you're right. He sounds NOTHING like his film version. laughing out loud

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 06:23 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Tzeentch
You're bullshitting me.

edit- Mother of God, you're right. He sounds NOTHING like his film version. laughing out loud

Prob cause he no care. Plus I doubt he's gonna be a series regular, maybe re-occurring.

Also from what I've read, the RT score was stolen/fake so...ha...they had to steal/fake a score just to make it look good...when it's not.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 11:13 PM
Darth Thor

Ratings were ridiculously low for a pilot. 0.33million viewers which would have been average for Rebels final season. Rebels first season averaged around a million viewers which was already much lower than TCW in its prime (granted TCW was on a bigger network).

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 04:35 AM
Zenwolf

What else could possibly go wrong?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 04:59 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A few sites are raving over this series like it's the best SW material since ESB, which blows me away because I can't even imagine how you could tolerate(let alone actually enjoy) the series at this point. It's just f*cking garbage... And I'm more lenient/optimistic towards Disney canon than most.

I can only imagine that the sites giving this shitshow good reviews have been paid off(or threatened) by Disney in some way.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 11:18 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
A few sites are raving over this series like it's the best SW material since ESB, which blows me away because I can't even imagine how you could tolerate(let alone actually enjoy) the series at this point. It's just f*cking garbage... And I'm more lenient/optimistic towards Disney canon than most.

I can only imagine that the sites giving this shitshow good reviews have been paid off(or threatened) by Disney in some way.

Or Disney people making said accounts and leaving good reviews so they don't look bad.

Also best since ESB? No....no....that's what was said also about TLJ....yeah...no.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Oct 16th, 2018 at 02:11 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 02:00 PM
Darth Thor

Its solely for kids. So none of us are going to enjoy it.

But yeah those sites/reviews (which I assume are not written by 4year olds) are clearly doing Disneys bidding.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 02:23 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Which seems really stupid to me, because young children aren't even the franchise's target demographic/audience.

Why dump all this money into a project that only kids who still write in crayon can enjoy? Filoni knows better.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 03:21 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That being said, I will say that Phasma at least looks pretty good in this:

(please log in to view the image)

And they have Gwendoline Christie voicing her, which is neat I guess.

...Not that it's enough to make the show enjoyable on any level, mind you.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 03:27 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I tried watching it...

I stopped after episode 3 I think...

It was that bad...

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 03:33 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I watched the first episode... meh.

Are they all 40 minutes though or did I just watch a bunch cobbled together? That seems lengthy for a cartoon where nothing happens.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 05:01 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Most of the episodes I watched was them trying to fly to some planet while talking about things which made it dramatic.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 05:03 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote