most ever? seriously? That film was one of the most exciting I thought of the Moore Bond films for instance,the classic scene where he is left out in the middle of the pond with alligaters and he has to jump over their backs to get back to shore is a legenday classic in hollywood.
so classic and legendary was it that even the producers of the 90's cartoons copied off it in one of their episodes where Spidey does the same thing rescuing his pal and friend from some alligater in a zoo.
Plus you cant help but laugh over the part where Bond puts that helium gadget in the mouth of the bad guy and just like a helium ballon gets big and explodes. Like that earlier poster said,it really set the tone for the future Bond films and the Moore era.
Most Bond fans like Connery the best between him and Moore but I always liked Moore the best because he brought an added dimension to it with his charm,wit and sarcastic remarks.Although I really love connery as well. lIke that earlier poster said,Live and Let Die really set the tone for the Moore Bond era with those comedic scenes .
Not to mention it was really exciting at the end watching him cut through the rope with his watch while at the same time gettign to listen to the awesome theme song of the beatles Live and Let Die.the theme song music in that scene just toally makes that scene.
For most boring ever,i would go with on his majestys secret service easily.very little action in it and practically all diologue.Boring as hell.
For the moore films? A view to a kill wins that one easily over Live and Let Die. a shameful way for Moore to exit the Bond franchise.
i despise roger moore but here is my ranking
1. The Spy Who Loved Me- the only good Roger Moore bond film, Jaws is awesome and badass and it's pretty cool. (9/10)
2. For Your Eyes Only- if the whole movie stayed at the same quality as the first hour, i would consider it okay. The first hour is decent but it then gets so boring (4/10)
3. Live and Let Die (3/10)- yeah just so stupid and bad
4. Moonraker (3/10)- really damn boring
5. A View to a Kill (2/10)- so stupid, mayday is horrible and yeah
6. The Man with the Golden Gun- Lee is great but the only stand-out in the movie (1/10)
7. Octopussy- stupid, dumb and one of the worst movies ever made (0/10)
The Spy Who Loved Me, it's one of the best Bond movies, period:
- The best theme song
- The best henchman
- Close-enough to Blofeld villain with accompanying over-the-top world takeover plot
- One of the best Bond girls in XXX
- Moore actually showing some hurt when XXX confronts him about Tracy's murder
- Three of the most iconic Bond scenes: 1) when he drops the henchman off a roof via tie knock-away after a fight (homage paid to it in Quantum of Solace); 2) the on-foot cat-and-mouse chase at the Pyramids at nighttime; 3) the nuclear bomb disarming, during which Moore can't touch the sides of the bomb's housing cylinder.
The Spy Who Loved Me is the best Moore film, yeah. It's in the pantheon of greats along with From Russia With Love, Casino Royale, On Her Majesty's Secret Service etc. I actually consider it better than Goldfinger.
That said, I think For Your Eyes Only and Octopussy are also very good and come close. A View To A Kill is underrated and decent as well but the other three are mediocre at best.
__________________ Suprisingly still remembered in the comics forum as one of the most knowledgeable posters. Voted top poster GDF 2018-2019 and 2nd greatest troll of all time after the legendary Robtard!