KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gaming deals and sales

Gaming deals and sales
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Odyssey is a great game.

It's a better version of Origins.
The combat looks worse.

Nikkos Tyris Respect Thread

Old Post Yesterday 06:33 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

No, it's significantly better. It's laughable if you believe the combat looks worse because that's far from the case.

There is far more ways to kill people in this game. You can have around 6-7 melee attacks under Warrior class. You have around the same amount of different types of ranged arrow attacks and I think 1-2 less for Assassination attacks. Each ability unlock includes three levels that increase damage stats and adds characteristics to them. For instance, level 3 in the passive damage range attack adds the ability to slow down time when in mid-air.

This doesn't include that the gear you get from downed enemies, chests and rewards have stats boosts that act very similar to how The Division/Destiny does gear so you have a chance to directly influence what type of play style you want.

In Origins, the higher level gear was always better. It didn't matter what other gear stats there was.

In Odyssey, higher level gear doesn't mean its better if its against the type of character you want. I have gear thats 5-6 levels below but it was a perfect drop for what I want.

Old Post Yesterday 07:43 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

No, it's significantly better. It's laughable if you believe the combat looks worse because that's far from the case.

There is far more ways to kill people in this game. You can have around 6-7 melee attacks under Warrior class. You have around the same amount of different types of ranged arrow attacks and I think 1-2 less for Assassination attacks. Each ability unlock includes three levels that increase damage stats and adds characteristics to them. For instance, level 3 in the passive damage range attack adds the ability to slow down time when in mid-air.

This doesn't include that the gear you get from downed enemies, chests and rewards have stats boosts that act very similar to how The Division/Destiny does gear so you have a chance to directly influence what type of play style you want.

In Origins, the higher level gear was always better. It didn't matter what other gear stats there was.

In Odyssey, higher level gear doesn't mean its better if its against the type of character you want. I have gear thats 5-6 levels below but it was a perfect drop for what I want.
All I saw was just the same spear lunge over and over.

Old Post Yesterday 08:47 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm excited about Odyssey. Do you think the game as a whole is better than Origins? Because I really liked Origins.

Old Post Yesterday 10:11 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yes, I like it much better than Origins and I enjoyed Origins as well.

In my opinion, Odyssey is like Assassins Creed 2. It improves Origins formula in many different ways and adds gameplay elements that I didn't realize was needed.

Devs took Origins excellent open world mechanics, controls, combat and stealth system and added:

- a much better progression system with meaningful abilities (I found Origins progression to be a bit lacking)
- a conversation system similar to Mass Effect and etc. Not as in-depth but I have seen some choices I made change the outcome a little bit. It also helps with immersion a fair bit and brings the story more to life,
- a gear system that is FAR better than Origins. It's basically the loot system of Division.
- the quests are better.
- the story is equally as good.
- Greece looks better than Egypt.
- a in-depth ship combat like Black Flag and with its own progression system.
- a gameplay mechanic that I don't want to spoil but its a major part of the story and involves assassinations and investigationgs/clues.
- a mercenary system for bounties (like wanted stars in GTA) that utilizes a light version of Shadow of Mordor Nemesis system.
- looks amazing still.
- characters you meet are excellent.
- there is land battle mechanics where you can choose sides and fight small scale battles with 30ish NPCs on screen. gives great loot in some cases.
- huge world but feels small because there is a lot of water to traverse.

And....stealth, melee and range attacks have been improves (in my opinion). Great ****ing game and I'm starting to feels its better than RDR2 because its fun as hell and not a chore sometimes.

Old Post Today 01:34 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

That sounds great. Only red flag for me personally is the ship combat. I know I'm maybe in the minority but I never really liked that aspect of the games, is that a very large part of Odyssey or is it relegated more to optional content and the like?

Old Post Today 07:55 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by BackFire
That sounds great. Only red flag for me personally is the ship combat. I know I'm maybe in the minority but I never really liked that aspect of the games, is that a very large part of Odyssey or is it relegated more to optional content and the like?
Wow...

"In the minority" is right, I've never even heard of someone not liking the ship combat.

Old Post Today 05:24 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by BackFire

It's no Pirates!!

Old Post Today 05:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote