KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread

Figured we may as well have a proper discussion thread dedicated to this...

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Trailers:

*Any and all information/questions related to Ep. IX should be discussed here.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 22nd, 2019 at 01:56 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2018 09:30 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Poor Abrams.

I believe it's extremely hard/impossible to fix the damage Johnson did.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2018 11:30 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, should be interesting to see if Abrams can salvage this trilogy.

Supposedly Ep.IX will be set 1 year after TLJ, so we'll see what Abrams can do with that timeline...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2018 11:40 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

People started seriously hating on TFA only after TLJ hit the screens...

Abrams is okay, but this... this is a challenge he can't cope with, I'm afraid.

I hope I'm wrong.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 02:40 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

A year isn't really enough tbh, so...a year and a couple of days for the whole ST? Really small.

Also I can't see any sort of salvaging, the only sliver lining in all of this is the Knights of Ren but I can't imagine this saving the ST as a whole. If they even get used properly, just cause he made them doesn't mean they'll be good.

The other characters, I can't feel anything for....at all. TFA was....eh? TLJ just took a huge nosedive and EP 9....I can't even have low expectations for this.

Also an odd number of movies is really annoying for a series of movies this big.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

5 days ago, Galan posted a huge potential spoiler for the Knights of Ren.

I'll just say this - if true, all hope is gone.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 03:36 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I've given various degrees of a shit about Star Wars since at least the mid-90's. Ranging from alot, to a little, to an obsession, to alot, to a little again.

I'm finally at the point where I can't muster a shit about Star Wars anymore. I don't feel anything toward it anymore. Once I realized that Disney plans an annual release... for eternity... I just couldn't muster the will to care about a literal neverending story. A lack of finality makes for an empty and worthless feeling story.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 04:02 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
5 days ago, Galan posted a huge potential spoiler for the Knights of Ren.

I'll just say this - if true, all hope is gone.

Oh? Which is? I don’t really care about spoilers at this point

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 07:27 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

People started seriously hating on TFA only after TLJ hit the screens...

Most on this forum were not impressed with TFA either.

It just set up too much of a repetition of the OT, and began the whole Mary Sue Rey thing.

TLJ just carried on with the bad parts of TFA plus created new faults.

Now I just dont see how this film will be any different to ROTJ.

Dont be surprised to see a 2nd Starkiller Base just to rub that in.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 11:17 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

TLJ already copied a good portion of ROTJ, bro sad

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Oh? Which is? I don’t really care about spoilers at this point

Sent you a PM.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 01:36 PM
Darth Thor

Dont see it ending any other way. Rey will defeat and possibly redeem Kylo. The Rebellion will overthrow the First Order. Rey will become the last/first new Jedi.

All they need is a second Starkiller Base, and its the perfect ending to the OT.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I'm not saying it won't happen.

I'm just saying that some of the RotJ material was already used by that annoying midget.

( JJ probably hates him for it laughing out loud )

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 05:16 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

The Last Jedi left us with nothing to get excited about it. It was a poorly structured story the felt more like a finale than a second chapter. Rey needed a weakness. She doesn't have one.

I think for this trilogy to work, we needed Poe, Rey and Finn to have the sort of interactions that Luke, Han and Leia did. Finn and Rey don't see one another again for practically the entirety of a movie, and Poe and Rey don't meet at all till the ending of TLJ.

Everything TFA set up was tossed out the window or ignored. I still can't figure out why MAZ told Rey "I've lived long enough to see the same eyes in many people. I see your eyes....I know your eyes!" That line does not imply that Rey is a "nobody" it implies she a descendant of someone important.

This is the problem when you don't have a master plan for your trilogy, and hand it off from director to director and say "here's a blank slate...do what you want in this movie." A trilogy should be a trilogy because the story should have a reason to encompass 3 films. Instead, Disney just said they were making 3 movies....without any real story arc that requires 3 films.

I like George.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 05:17 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I'm not saying it won't happen.

I'm just saying that some of the RotJ material was already used by that annoying midget.

( JJ probably hates him for it laughing out loud )

laughing out loud

True say

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 06:19 PM
Darth Thor

The latest defence for Mary Sue Rey:

https://mobile.twitter.com/johncamp...1772033/photo/1

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 07:03 PM
Zenwolf

Sent you a PM.

Read it, meh....I mean either way I see backlash even if they don't do poorly because of their leadership...ya know.

That's another thing though, the KoR are essentially getting all shot in the foot because this is the finale of the ST, so...they won't get like any exposure in length to the audience except maybe like a brief story of how they come together.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 11:06 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I do want to see what Rey has learned from the ancient Jedi texts she's been studying in the year since TLJ. On top of that, we know Luke spent several years after RotJ collecting 'lost' Jedi knowledge from all across the galaxy, and also found Jocasta Nu's vault of holocrons and other Jedi artifacts in the comics. IOW, Luke was canonically hoarding a TON of force-related knowledge.

Hopefully that part of the plot won't simply be glossed over, and we won't just be left to assume ALL the knowledge/relics Luke accumulated over the years was destroyed during Kylo's coup or w/e. Hopefully Luke kept most of it hidden somewhere, and his ghost will lead Rey to it...OR have his ghost actually teach Rey this knowledge...Either way. Because I have a feeling that Rey is going to be ridiculously OP in Ep.IX, and I'd really like a better explanation for her exponential growth than just "she's a supa-powaful female, so it all cumz naturally 2 her!!!"

I also want [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Poe to become one of Rey's first Jedi students, because I KNOW that mofo is force-sensitive. There, I said it. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 24th, 2018 at 12:04 AM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 11:48 PM
Darth Thor

^ @ Your spoiler: Id like Kylo to be redeemed and NOT die, so he can properly complete Reys training, and we can at least have 2 frigging trained Jedi to start off a new Jedi Order.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 12:09 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

But how much "proper" training does Kylo even have, though? Granted, he's got substantially more training than Rey, but Rey was barely Youngling-level in terms of force-related knowledge in TLJ, so that's not saying much.

...Not that I wouldn't mind seeing Kylo get redeemed, though. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 24th, 2018 at 12:23 AM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 12:20 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Not interested in seeing either Kylo or Rey again, tbh...

They should get struck by Yoda's lightning or something.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 10:32 AM