KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Rate your top 10 favorite Star Wars characters

Rate your top 10 favorite Star Wars characters
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zentrex
Hi!

As far as the films go, it depends what kind of stuff you like to see.

I think the first two are FAR superior to any other star wars film, and most other films in existence, because of the world they introduce, the blending of different genres and themes, the innovation in every aspect, and the great concept and story. The feel of the Original Trilogy is something that's good in so many ways, which mean so much to me I can't possibly explain it. The Empire Strikes Back being the better one because it was was more serious and they had more money for the look of the film. But the films are meant to be enjoyable ones you can put on any time you want. They're not masterpieces like "Psycho" or "2001: A Space Odessy" because they're not the type of film which changes the world. It's hard to think of this type of film as being one of the best ever made, but they only hold that title because of the cultural phenomenon that they are and the larger universe they introduce.

I think Return of the Jedi is great, but doesn't really introduce anything, and the only reason it's good is because of the two movies that followed it (and the Emperor).

The Prequel Trilogy is fun, good-looking, and introduces new concepts while showing us the details of one of the most emotional stories ever told, but just isn't very well written or directed. There are decisions which bother me (Anakin built C3PO) and the fact that it was really just made to defy the expectations of what it could be really make certain decisions not only a product of their time, but also seem really stupid now. I like the actors, I love the visual aspects, I love Hayden Christensen as Anakin and Ian McDiarmid as Darth Sidious, and in Revenge of the Sith, all the moments after Windu walks into Palpatine's office are great. I also really love completely different world they show, which, while capturing none of the good aspects of the Original Trilogy, does show a different time, and shows it well.

The Sequels are far better movies than the Prequels, and perhaps better than Return of the Jedi, but don't hold a candle to what the Original Trilogy inspired in me. The movies ARE good, but the visual look of the film is typical, whereas the original Star Wars was something you don't see everyday. They innovated. They created things which didn't exist before. Trying to capture their glory is like trying to be "better" than something that is only good because it's unique and like nothing else. It's impossible: the very concept makes no sense. I like the characters introduced in the Sequels, especially Kylo Ren, and the new concepts they're introducing. But the story isn't quite as good, and really, these films are basically just summer flicks given too much money in their production.

Here's my personal ranking:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. The Last Jedi
4. Rogue One
5. The Force Awakens
6. Revenge of the Sith
7. Return of the Jedi
8. Attack of the Clones
9. The Phantom Menace
10. The Clone Wars film
11. The Battle for Endor
*Rogue One might need to be moved down.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 03:21 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Bumped for the holidays.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 12:50 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Kreia
2. Jacen Solo
3. Vergere
4. Nom Anor
5. Obi-Wan Kenobi
6. Nen Yim
7. Kyp Durron
8. Onimi
9. Darth Plagueis
10. Darth Krayt

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 01:10 AM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord GOAT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Rate your top 10 favorite Star Wars characters

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Canon only. In current order.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 01:12 AM
Click here to Send Lord GOAT a Private Message Find more posts by Lord GOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCaedus77

Rate canon I will not. Return with a Legends list I will.

"We stand on a tipping point where we can choose chaos, or order"
-Jacen Solo

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 01:17 AM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Canon is kinda hard to judge, most of the Canon-Legends characters I like got 90% of their development in Legends content lol.

I guess:
1. Obi-Wan Kenobi
2. Dooku
3. Qui-Gon Jinn
4. Han Solo
5. Thrawn
6. Anakin Skywalker (due to TCW)
7. Kanan Jarrus (legit, he was a really good character lol)
8. Ahsoka Tano
9. Poe Dameron
10. Kylo Ren

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 01:21 AM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord GOAT
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Max Rebo
2. Droopy McCool
3. Doda Bodonawieedo
4. Ak-rev
5. Barquin D'an
6. Greeata Jendowanian
7. Lyn Me
8. Rappertunie
9. Joh Yowza
10. Umpass-stay

Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 01:40 AM
Click here to Send Lord GOAT a Private Message Find more posts by Lord GOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Canon?
1. Darth Vader
2. Obi Wan Kenobi
3. Anakin Skywalker
4. Yoda
5. Kylo Ren
6. Darth Maul (TCW/TPM only)
7. Emperor Palpatine
8. Luke Skywalker
9. Princess Leia
10. Count Dooku

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 11:42 AM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote