KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Am I the only one here that can't get into SWTOR?

Am I the only one here that can't get into SWTOR?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Am I the only one here that can't get into SWTOR?

I re-downloaded it the other day, after taking a years-long Hiatus from it.

What I found out was...

1. SWTOR really doesn't like my GTX 1050-TI or my i7 processor, as it lagged a lot.

2. The combat felt flashy, but very, very boring, it didn't feel good to fight things, which is a big deal for me in games, combat is super important. Hell, ****in ESO, DCUO, and FF:XIV:ARR have way better combat, and I don't feel that strongly about either of those games in the slightest except for DCUO.

3. Lack of decent player-progression and feeling under-powered against enemies.

Why do I feel weak when fighting common Rakghouls at level 22? Why did I barely beat Darth Tarnis and random Dark Jedi by the very skin of my teeth?

Why do they portray me as some bad-ass in some cutscenes and treat me like a ***** in others? Oh yeah I'm really the galaxy's only hope when the bad guy can toss me around like I'm nothing and I have to ****in sneak up on him just to stand a chance.

4. Subscription-based game, yeah no, this MMO is not good enough to be subscription-based, whether we're talking storyline, which ruined most of it's decent characters, ruined Revan, overblew the Emperor. Am I supposed to be intimidated by Valkorion? It doesn't sound half as intimidating as Vitiate, and he looked way more disturbing before, that mask he wore when taking down the council was bad-ass. Now he's some generic white-bearded dude.

You want more game? You better pay up to get to all the extra shit, and you better keep paying every single month to keep it.

It's fair enough if you want to make us pay for it, but make it BUY to play, you clearly make enough money charging us tons of money to get the bajillion credits needed for any type of significant character customization, so just use that.

Furthermore, speaking more on Revan, what exactly the **** where they thinking when they turned him into this psycho that wanted an entire species life destroyed. He also went down like a ***** "I've fought Mandalore's and armies of the dark side. You won't stop me! -Dies-".

What. The. ****?

5. At least Character Customization is decent... Oh wait, no it's not, because to meaningfully customize your character you have to have millions of credits? WHAT'S THAT? YOU WANTED TO LOOK LIKE TULAK HORD? WELL **** YOU, EAT SHIT, GIVE US MONEY. OH WHAT? YOU WANTED A WHITE LIGHTSABER? MORE MONEYYYYYYY. You need millions of credits just for the 2 things I listed, maybe some of these changed but from what I've seen the company is greedy.

6. EA and Origin. That is all.

It's cool to play the games for the lore. But there are so many better games that have real fun action-oriented combat. A better storyline, and way better character customization while still being F2P.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 07:36 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

Just set your companion to heals and walk around in God mode. If I can beat the game doing that. Then you most certainly can.

That's how easy the game is. So your 3rd complaint isn't really valid.

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Last edited by HP Legend on Dec 30th, 2018 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 07:38 PM
Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Ngl being bad at TOR is inexcusable. Although true, the characters are treated like gods and pussies in cutscenes. The fact the Outlander doesn’t think he could take (iirc) three walkers with Senya and Arcann’s help springs to mind

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I'm sorry but in a game where progression is rewarded way more then skill, if I'm decently equipped and have leveled up skills that deal tons of damage, and a small group of Rakghouls can bring down my health more then half, I think there's a problem, especially when I over-level them.

Yeah I get I might be "bad at the game", but it doesn't change the fact that I didn't have fun fighting stuff.

There's plenty of content, the story is passable of course, but they ruin so many characters we've come to know in love and made them all unlikable or stupid in some way.

Especially that stupid lightsaber, the Outlander gets some magic ****in lightsaber so he can beat Arcann.

What? WHAT THE ****? OH YEAH NO OBI-WAN YOU CAN BEAT SIDIOUS JUST GET THE MAGIC LIGHTSABER IT'S COOL.

What did it really improve? Am I expected to believe the Outlander's martial prowess became better due to some lightsaber?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

All lightsabers are magical, the Outlander's is just especially so.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 08:59 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

Dude. Just set your companion to heals. I can beat the game doing that and I'm shit at MMO's.

It's not that hard. You won't be brought down that low if you have someone to spam heal you.

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 09:00 PM
Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Re: Am I the only one here that can't get into SWTOR?

quote:
Originally posted by Jmanghan
2. The combat felt flashy, but very, very boring, it didn't feel good to fight things, which is a big deal for me in games, combat is super important.

Not sure what you were expecting, it's a fairly run of the mill WOW clone.

quote:
Why do I feel weak when fighting common Rakghouls at level 22?

I mean, at that level, you really shouldn't be having any difficulty with the enemies on Korriban. Regardless, the gameplay isn't supposed to reflect the lore 1 to 1; common soldiers in a level 50 zone will still one shot you if you're only level 30, whether you're a badass Jedi or not. Once again, this is pretty standard for this type of game.

quote:
Why did I barely beat Darth Tarnis and random Dark Jedi by the very skin of my teeth?

Maybe it's because you're only in the first act of your character's story.

quote:
Why do they portray me as some bad-ass in some cutscenes and treat me like a ***** in others? Oh yeah I'm really the galaxy's only hope when the bad guy can toss me around like I'm nothing and I have to ****in sneak up on him just to stand a chance.

Yeah, it does feel like BioWare wasn't completely sure about what they wanted to do with the Knight class. He gets wanked to high hell from start to finish, but in actuality jobs quite a lot. This isn't so much of an issue with other classes, as far as I recall.

quote:
4. Subscription-based game, yeah no, this MMO is not good enough to be subscription-based

The base game has been free for years, and no MMO is actually good enough to warrant the subscription-based scheme.

quote:
Am I supposed to be intimidated by Valkorion? It doesn't sound half as intimidating as Vitiate, and he looked way more disturbing before, that mask he wore when taking down the council was bad-ass. Now he's some generic white-bearded dude.

Yeah, no, your taste is shit.

quote:
Furthermore, speaking more on Revan, what exactly the **** where they thinking when they turned him into this psycho that wanted an entire species life destroyed. He also went down like a ***** "I've fought Mandalore's and armies of the dark side. You won't stop me! -Dies-".

What. The. ****?

I mean, for one thing, he didn't die. Secondly, SWTOR isn't Revan's story, so it's to be expected that he'd be sidelined. Anyways, going crazy seems like a pretty natural consequence of having a Sith messing with your head for 300 years to me, but to each their own.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 09:28 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheMuser

SWTOR is a pretty easy game. The storys either grab you or you should definitely not play the game.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 09:33 PM
Click here to Send TheMuser a Private Message Find more posts by TheMuser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xiggy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Am I the only one here that can't get into SWTOR?

quote: (post)
I re-downloaded it the other day, after taking a years-long Hiatus from it.

What I found out was...

1. SWTOR really doesn't like my GTX 1050-TI or my i7 processor, as it lagged a lot.

2. The combat felt flashy, but very, very boring, it didn't feel good to fight things, which is a big deal for me in games, combat is super important. Hell, ****in ESO, DCUO, and FF:XIV:ARR have way better combat, and I don't feel that strongly about either of those games in the slightest except for DCUO.

3. Lack of decent player-progression and feeling under-powered against enemies.

Why do I feel weak when fighting common Rakghouls at level 22? Why did I barely beat Darth Tarnis and random Dark Jedi by the very skin of my teeth?

4. Subscription-based game, yeah no, this MMO is not good enough to be subscription-based, whether we're talking storyline, which ruined most of it's decent characters, ruined Revan, overblew the Emperor. Am I supposed to be intimidated by Valkorion? It doesn't sound half as intimidating as Vitiate, and he looked way more disturbing before, that mask he wore when taking down the council was bad-ass. Now he's some generic white-bearded dude.

You want more game? You better pay up to get to all the extra shit, and you better keep paying every single month to keep it.

It's fair enough if you want to make us pay for it, but make it BUY to play, you clearly make enough money charging us tons of money to get the bajillion credits needed for any type of significant character customization, so just use that.

What. The. ****?

5. At least Character Customization is decent... Oh wait, no it's not, because to meaningfully customize your character you have to have millions of credits? WHAT'S THAT? YOU WANTED TO LOOK LIKE TULAK HORD? WELL **** YOU, EAT SHIT, GIVE US MONEY. OH WHAT? YOU WANTED A WHITE LIGHTSABER? MORE MONEYYYYYYY. You need millions of credits just for the 2 things I listed, maybe some of these changed but from what I've seen the company is greedy.

6. EA and Origin. That is all.

It's cool to play the games for the lore. But there are so many better games that have real fun action-oriented combat. A better storyline, and way better character customization while still being F2P.

Beautiful family. Congrats on ur baby.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 09:34 PM
Click here to Send Xiggy a Private Message Find more posts by Xiggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

ded

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 09:36 PM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Rakghouls are Taris not Korriban @ NewGuy.

Also they’ve changed it so you get ‘levelled down’ on planets if youre over levelled. Either you’re 22 as an Imperial on a world that’s level 30-ish, or as a Republic toon on a world that’s level 16-20 so you should get ‘levelled down’ to 20

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 10:00 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Re: Re: Am I the only one here that can't get into SWTOR?

Originally posted by Xiggy
Beautiful family. Congrats on ur baby.
Thats my family and stop looking at my private life, you creep.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 10:04 PM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

And you shouldn't be cheating on girlfriends, shame on you. Absolutely despicable.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 10:08 PM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Originally posted by Selenial
Rakghouls are Taris, not Korriban

Oh, yeah, right. For some reason I thought he was talking about Tuk'ata.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 10:25 PM
Xiggy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Am I the only one here that can't get into SWTOR?

Thats my family and stop looking at my private life, you creep.

Y'all look cute and sweet

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 10:48 PM
Click here to Send Xiggy a Private Message Find more posts by Xiggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote