KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Ren or Vader; Choose wisely

Who do you prefer ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Kylo Ren 9 16.07%
Darth Vader 47 83.93%
Total: 56 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ren or Vader; Choose wisely
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthCaedus77

Note: I actually like Kylo as a character, definitely among the best in canon, complex and interesting with a well crafted arc, good acting and a connection with him as a character I don't have with many.

But he can't touch the original child of Han [Caedus] or Vader, he never could.

"We stand on a tipping point where we can choose chaos, or order"
-Jacen Solo

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 01:22 AM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know Kylo's the best of the new characters, but he's just so damn ugly.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 01:27 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealistRacism
That is what makes him even better. He is so hideous and his hands are so big they are alien like. I am really excited to see what an older, more polished Ren is capable of in episode 9.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 01:50 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by RealistRacism

Im convinced hes actually the incest product of Luke and Leia.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 08:04 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Vader is the chosen one, his accolades and abilities shown across canon film, comics TV shows and games put his feats well beyond Rens at this time

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 09:35 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Vader is Starwars.
Kylo is Disney fanfic.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 01:26 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by relentless1
Vader is the chosen one, his accolades and abilities shown across canon film, comics TV shows and games put his feats well beyond Rens at this time

Kylo only has one cool showing which was in his first few minutes of screen time. Freezing the blaster bolt after being fired.

But His training is a joke next to Vaders who was rigorously trained for over a decade by the Jedi at their peak.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 10:01 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Vader is stomping in the polls, as 5 of Ren's votes are also trolls.

Vader's superiority is cemented. Long live the King.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 10:13 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I chose wisely.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 08:41 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

You chose an autist, who never touched a girl because you see yourself in him?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 09:11 PM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Psychotron
You chose an autist, who never touched a girl because you see yourself in him?
If you think touching a girl is amazing then bow down he brought the ***** back to life. That is something not touching a girls skin though Vaders skin had to be protected at all times. If you touched him you might kill the poor thing.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 09:29 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Definitely Vader.

But Kylo/Ben was far and away the best and most interesting character in the ST.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Galan007
Definitely Vader.

But Kylo/Ben was far and away the best and most interesting character in the ST.
Why do you prefer Vader?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 10:27 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Primarily because there's SO much content surrounding Vader in canon that has advanced his characterization massively(in a good way.)

Flip side, Kylo's overall character-building in the ST took a huge backseat to Rey's. I still like Kylo for sure(he was the ST's only real redeeming quality, imo), but he just didn't get enough limelight for me to put him above Vader as a personal favorite.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 10:32 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Primarily because there's SO much content surrounding Vader in canon that has advanced his characterization massively(in a good way.)

Flip side, Kylo's overall character-building in the ST took a huge backseat to Rey's. I still like Kylo for sure(he was the ST's only real redeeming quality, imo), but he just didn't get enough limelight for me to put him above Vader as a personal favorite.
Stick to the films only then I know Disney says the books count but I definitely do not think in reality the directors care at all. I know their policy but if it was films only would the answer still be Vader?

It really was about Ren and Rey. I typically side with the antagonist or the villain so not surprising here.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 10:38 PM
Scizard

I thought Kylo would be my favourite character by the end of TROS. But the movie didn't really expand on Kylo that much, he felt kinda less important compared to TLJ/TFA.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 11:21 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by quanchi112
Stick to the films only then I know Disney says the books count but I definitely do not think in reality the directors care at all. I know their policy but if it was films only would the answer still be Vader?

It really was about Ren and Rey. I typically side with the antagonist or the villain so not surprising here.
It's all part of the same canon now. stick out tongue

But films only it would still be Vader. I just think his overall characterization was better done in the OT than Kylo's was in the ST.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 02:12 AM
Zentrex
Hi!

Yeah, gonna have to agree with everyone else here. I love Kylo, I really do. My favorite character in the ST, easily.

But Vader is just more...iconic? Is that the right word? He leaves such a lasting impression on you with that intimidating voice and daunting figure. He commands respect and exudes power. And he's got the talent to back it up too, since he's pretty much the best at everything.

And that's not even mentioning his emotional journey from desperate jedi to heartless sith.

Kylo, by comparison, just isn't as memorable. He's a great character and all, with a compelling story, personality, etc. But he lacks Vader's...charisma as a villain, let's just say. And his story isn't as emotional, either. Not for me, anyway.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 03:57 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by quanchi112
If you think touching a girl is amazing then bow down he brought the ***** back to life. That is something not touching a girls skin though Vaders skin had to be protected at all times. If you touched him you might kill the poor thing.

He sacrificed his life to save a girl that beat him up and stole his family legacy. All for a kiss. Total simp move. Vader was a chad who banged the Queen of Naboo and had two badass kids.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 07:52 AM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It's all part of the same canon now. stick out tongue

But films only it would still be Vader. I just think his overall characterization was better done in the OT than Kylo's was in the ST.
I know they say it but I do not believe it. Directors and films play by their own rules.

Fair enough. Preference is preference no point in arguing.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2020 02:40 PM