KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Opinions on this quote?

Opinions on this quote?
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Opinions on this quote?

quote:
The way of the Sith was the way of pain, he knew that, but he could not see how he could let the Moffs kill his daughter without becoming a monster even worse than Palpatine or Exar Kun.
- Legacy of the Force: Invincible

I mean, even if you see this as a moral conundrum, I don't see how it changes what Caedus implies, that he's not as dark side strong as either of them. Monstrosity is obviously an empowering trait.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 02:54 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I like how this quote says literally nothing. Exar Kun could be literally the most amoral person in the history of all realities, and that would say nothing about his personal strength. Stay in school kids. That way you can learn basic English and how sentences work.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 03:06 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeverageWizard
Sith Sorcerer

Obvious bait is obvious.

Seriously? The quote is obviously implying that he would be a massive jerk if he let his daughter die. Not anything to do with power whatsoever

And nobody even tries to argue that Caedus is above Sidious in the first place tbh.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 03:10 AM
Click here to Send BeverageWizard a Private Message Find more posts by BeverageWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheMuser

Yeah, This doesn't refer to power.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 03:11 AM
Click here to Send TheMuser a Private Message Find more posts by TheMuser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I like how this quote says literally nothing. Exar Kun could be literally the most amoral person in the history of all realities, and that would say nothing about his personal strength. Stay in school kids. That way you can learn basic English and how sentences work.

I asked opinions you massive cvnt.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 03:12 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I guess you being retarded would be more fact than opinion at this point.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 03:14 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeverageWizard
Sith Sorcerer

Originally posted by AncientPower
I asked opinions you massive cvnt.

Dude isn't wrong. The sentence structure isn't using monster in the context of power at all. This means nothing.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 03:15 AM
Click here to Send BeverageWizard a Private Message Find more posts by BeverageWizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCaedus77

Re: Opinions on this quote?

Just to teach you about basic English AP.

quote:
The way of the Sith was the way of pain, he knew that,

Yes here Caedus notes that sith increase their strength through pain and he wants to increase his power through pain. No shit.

quote:
but he could not see how he could let the Moffs kill his daughter without becoming a monster even worse than Palpatine or Exar Kun.

Caedus wants to get more powerful, yet he's worried that sacrificing his daughter will make him more powerful? If we take your interpretation of the quote that's what it says. By a worse monster he means morality which fits with what the ****ing paragraph says. Stop looking for things that aren't there.

"We stand on a tipping point where we can choose chaos, or order"
-Jacen Solo

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 03:18 AM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord GOAT
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah kun is above caedus (please log in to view the image)

Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon Thon

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 03:20 AM
Click here to Send Lord GOAT a Private Message Find more posts by Lord GOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheMuser

Originally posted by Lord GOAT
yeah kun is above caedus (please log in to view the image)

Only if you scale off of...Thon

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 03:27 AM
Click here to Send TheMuser a Private Message Find more posts by TheMuser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I'm not saying it refers to power at all, ffs. I am saying that it may imply he hasn't embraced the dark side to the same degree they have. Jesus fvcking Christ.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 03:34 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I guess you being retarded would be more fact than opinion at this point.

As if you ever have anything relevant to say besides bitching. Now go back to whining on Hangouts about how shit your life is and how nothing has any value.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 03:38 AM
BeverageWizard
Sith Sorcerer

I'm not saying it refers to power at all, ffs. I am saying that it may imply he hasn't embraced the dark side to the same degree they have. Jesus fvcking Christ.

Thats like claiming that Darth Vader didn't embrace the Dark Side because he didn't want to kill Luke. Thats like claiming that Anakin didn't embrace the Dark Side because he loved Padme

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 03:53 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

The specific line of thought, and his whole character arc, is fundamentally based on the point that he doesn't want to repeat the mistakes of Vader. He further claims that the flaws of Palpatine, Kun, Nadd and Sadow is that they were "self-absorbed", instead of serving the galaxy. He wanted to save his daughter Allana from the 'dark-man' and sought a unified order in the galaxy. He never fully embraced the dark side like Palpatine and Kun, because he'd then become "self-absorbed." He even reprimands himself for killing one of his own officers and embracing his rage.

I also can fully entertain your comparisons with one to Darth Malgus, he killed his wife Eleena Daru thus embracing his power fully and achieved a state of enlightenment with the dark side of the Force because of this. Palpatine says that Vader's biggest drawback to his power was his self-imposed mental handicaps, not his physical limitations.

This thread isn't even about Kun, to be honest, it's Caedus.

Last edited by AncientPower on Jan 1st, 2019 at 04:07 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 04:03 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

As if you ever have anything relevant to say besides bitching. Now go back to whining on Hangouts about how shit your life is and how nothing has any value.

Man, to not only show how irrelevant you are, ironically enough, but also how completely ignorant you are in the space of two short sentences. I'm legitimately impressed how even when you break through the center of the Earth, and all the way up to the crust again, you somehow manage to dig the hole deeper.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 04:06 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

You may want to ask those who routinely mock you for it when you're not around. On the other hand you, and 77 for that, can do one if all you have to do is troll, I don't give a fvck about your edgelordiness.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 04:11 AM
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

as the admin of the primary kmc discord i have to deny, never saw Freshest get mocked over there

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 04:21 AM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Not referring to Discord. But can we get back on track here?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 04:26 AM
Hope_w
Restricted

Account Restricted

Freshestcunt

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 07:24 AM
Click here to Send Hope_w a Private Message Find more posts by Hope_w Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Not referring to Discord. But can we get back on track here?

What else is there to say? Caedus isn't as evil as Palps or Exar. Everyone who has read LotF (or hell even has a passing knowledge of it) knows this.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 08:29 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote