KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars Resistance - Discussion Thread

Star Wars Resistance - Discussion Thread
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well, this has been officially renewed for a second season, beginning fall 2019. Lol.

That being said, the mid-season trailer has given me a little bit of reluctant optimism, if only because of the First Order/Starkiller Base teasers:

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 05:51 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Can't believe you're still watching it.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh I haven't watched it on any kind of consistent basis at all -- just tidbits here and there.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Oh I haven't watched it on any kind of consistent basis at all -- just tidbits here and there.

Still, I admire your optimism. Although curious...does it have a limit?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

My optimism reached it's limit with this series, lol.

The only thing I'm even mildly curious to see at this point is the First Order stuff, because we know so little about them. Aside from that, I couldn't care less about this trainwreck of a series.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 11:53 PM
Zenwolf

My optimism reached it's limit with this series, lol.

The only thing I'm even mildly curious to see at this point is the First Order stuff, because we know so little about them. Aside from that, I couldn't care less about this trainwreck of a series.

Oh ho! So you do. Alright, alright.

The FO kinda lost all appeal to me when they turned Hux into a joke along with Capt Phasma. Among other stuff.....I am curious though as to how big it is.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 01:23 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Well Starkiller Base was glimpsed:

(please log in to view the image)

....So there's that, at least.

Thanks for sharing thumb up

Looks nice.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

~83k dislikes laughing out loud

Quick update - the teaser trailer vid now has ~153k dislikes.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 03:50 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The second season will be better based on the way Filoni operates.

Now Im not saying it will be good or anything. Just likely an improvement.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 09:47 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I agree. Both Clone Wars and Rebels got better as they went along.

Though I haven't been watching this show the last episode I saw was the one where that douche bag kid stole the Corellian hyperfuel for his ship. The more First Order we get the more interesting this show will get so I suspect the 2nd season to show more of the Order.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2019 11:09 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not that I condone watching this show, but it has given us a bit more information about the First Order.

According to the data rod that Kaz stole from them, we now know for sure that the FO's military outnumbered the New Republic's military, even before the destruction of the Hosnian system:

*And based on that holo image, it looks like the FO fleets were positioned in such a way that they could essentially blitzkrieg the entire galaxy from every angle, all at once. IOW, there is vastly more to this invasion(as a whole) than what we've been shown on screen thus far.

It was further revealed that the FO had "cored-out" multiple planets(and absorbed at least 1 star) in preparation for their invasion of the galaxy in TFA:

*Also note that ep.16 is set like a day before the events of TFA.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 19th, 2019 at 08:15 PM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 08:08 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Not that I condone watching this show, but it has given us a bit more information about the First Order.

miffed

stick out tongue

Thanks for all the info and the pics thumb up

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 09:12 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

As I thought this show is getting better. Tonight's episode had a direct connection to the Force Awakens.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 02:42 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 02:41 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I was a bit surprised to see that connection to the main saga.

Leaves me wondering where they will be during season 2.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 11:02 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I figured it would connect to the film, only because part of Hux's "BOW TO THE FIRST ORDAH!!!" speech was shown in the mid-season trailer.

But yeah, next season will obviously have to cover the TLJ period as well, given that there are only like a few days between films... I'd guess the show will depict the full scale of the First Order's invasion of the galaxy.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 11:31 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

The Hux speech was a surprise to me because I didn't watch the trailers.

Being the Colossus is the last stop before the Unknown Regions maybe Ezra will show up.

That would be awesome.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 12:23 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You're right. That could be a means for Ezra(and perhaps even Thrawn) to randomly appear again -- Filoni IS still involved with Resistance, after all. Aside from that, the Unknown Regions are definitely playing a HUGE role in SW lore these days.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 12th, 2019 at 03:20 PM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2019 03:14 PM
Zenwolf

So just re-hashing what we kinda already know or what we could put together, just in visual format? But I mean, how is the show so far? Is it better than what it was by much?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 06:07 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As of now, it's basically just a rehash of what we already know happened in TFA, just from a different perspective.

What the show has visually shown us, though, is that the FO's invasion of the galaxy isn't as localized as the films make it seem -- it is truly a galaxy-wide conquest that is happening simultaneously along several fronts all across the galaxy. That might also explain why the Knights of Ren and Commander Pyre have been inextricably absent from the films thus far. We also got a bit of depth on Starkiller Base, which was cool.

But aside from the FO stuff, the show is still extremely lackluster.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 17th, 2019 at 06:17 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 06:15 PM
Zenwolf

As of now, it's basically just a rehash of what we already know happened in TFA, just from a different perspective.

What the show has visually shown us, though, is that the FO's invasion of the galaxy isn't as localized as the films make it seem -- it is truly a galaxy-wide conquest that is happening simultaneously along several fronts all across the galaxy. That might also explain why the Knights of Ren and Commander Pyre have been inextricably absent from the films thus far. We also got a bit of depth on Starkiller Base, which was cool.

But aside from the FO stuff, the show is still extremely lackluster, though.

Well I mean I'm sure anyone could have figured that the FO invasion wasn't really localized. Although this whole war apparently between the FO and Resistance taking place over a year + couple of days certainly seems like it.

I still can't get over the fact that, that will be the timeline. 1 whole year and some days..

Still, that kinda sucks.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Mar 17th, 2019 at 06:24 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 06:22 PM