KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Was Exar Kun the Darkest power in the galaxy?

Was Exar Kun the Darkest power in the galaxy?
Started by: One Big Mob

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthCaedus77

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
'Reatrded'

Literal self-harm at this point.

AP tring so hard to bait, pretending it's never made spelling errors.

"We stand on a tipping point where we can choose chaos, or order"
-Jacen Solo

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 02:40 AM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCaedus77

Trying*

Sorry, on mobile RN.

"We stand on a tipping point where we can choose chaos, or order"
-Jacen Solo

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 03:04 AM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

It literally confirms in the very next sentence that the quote is referring to actual power in the Force. Like, this is a fail even for OBF standards.
Why do you keep trying to insult me? I've been nothing but civil to you besides my playful sig.

Genuine question, before I stop being friendly. smile

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 05:00 AM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

'Playful'

It's outright mockery and you know it full well.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 05:26 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Re: Was Exar Kun the Darkest power in the galaxy?

Originally posted by One Big Mob
We all know the quote:
(please log in to view the image)

The Jedi Order was unaware of even greater source of EVIL back then, and we have a definite quote:

"The Sith Emperor is the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed. Unless this implacable enemy can be defeated, the Jedi Order is doomed."

Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

Ever = at all times; always.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jan 3rd, 2019 at 02:46 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 02:32 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

Re: Re: Was Exar Kun the Darkest power in the galaxy?

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
The Jedi Order was unaware of even greater source of EVIL back then, and we have a definite quote:

"The Sith Emperor is the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed. Unless this implacable enemy can be defeated, the Jedi Order is doomed."

You literally said in another thread that a source was written by historians and was therefore not reliable. Double standards much. The SWTOR Encyclopedia was also written by historians.

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 07:02 PM
Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Who gives a shit what the Jedi Order knew? This is the narrator stating as fact that he is the darkest power in the galaxy. Unless you have a source that states Tenebrae is the most powerful dark sider as of the TOTJ timeline then your point is moot.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 11:35 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Re: Re: Re: Was Exar Kun the Darkest power in the galaxy?

Originally posted by HP Legend
You literally said in another thread that a source was written by historians and was therefore not reliable. Double standards much. The SWTOR Encyclopedia was also written by historians.

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia is not the account of historians, but a definitive source.

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia is the account of historians on the other hand.

I did not question the reliability of The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia; I just wanted to remind the relevant member that his line of reasoning apply to his posts as well. The exchange was between me and him, so you wouldn't know.

Who gives a shit what the Jedi Order knew? This is the narrator stating as fact that he is the darkest power in the galaxy. Unless you have a source that states Tenebrae is the most powerful dark sider as of the TOTJ timeline then your point is moot.

Sorry to disappoint you but this statement:

- crystal clear.

Tenebrae was stronger than any Jedi or Sith at any point in time since he became the Sith Emperor. TOTJ timeline is indirectly covered.

Try again.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jan 4th, 2019 at 08:31 AM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2019 08:17 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

He IS, the Encyclopedia is set during Chapter 3 of the protag storylines.

Try harder.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2019 09:53 AM
HP Legend

You know TOR Enyclodpedia is written in universe right so the accolade only accounts it till up to the end of the Act 3 character storylines as I pointed out? It literally confirms that it was written by historians.

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Old Post Jan 4th, 2019 12:57 PM
Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

You know TOR Enyclodpedia is written in universe right so the accolade only accounts it till up to the end of the Act 3 character storylines as I pointed out? It literally confirms that it was written by historians.

Where it is stated in the TOR Encyclopedia that it represent the POV of some historians?

The TOR Encyclopedia is in-universe in the sense that it does not provide out-of-universe perspective of developments in the lore. However, its content is DEFINITIVE as in to be taken at face value. Authorial intent is strongly emphasized.

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia explicitly advertise the fact that it represent the POV of some historians after consensus. Nevertheless, does it cover anything in regards to the Sith Emperor and his Empire?

Is it so hard to move along with the times? The lore is ever-expanding, and new realities will come to light from time-to-time. Therefore, our judgment should be flexible to an extent.

Besides the statement which I have highlighted, their are additional realities to consider; the Emperor was becoming stronger over time, and he defeated an entire Dark Council [in a fight] centuries before confronting the duo of Revan and Malak for the first time whom he broke in mere seconds*. By the time of Revan, the Emperor was described as 'almost godlike avatar of the dark side'.

*The Emperor was above SoR Revan level of strength before the events of TOTJ.

The word 'ever' in a statement imply "all times" regardless.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jan 4th, 2019 at 03:53 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2019 03:39 PM
IgnorantDebater
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kun is the most powerful Sith of all time behind only Tulak Hord smile

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 11:13 AM
Click here to Send IgnorantDebater a Private Message Find more posts by IgnorantDebater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

It is about Exar Kun. It simply tells his fall to The Dark Side.

After all we can see that it uses 'him' when it refers to 'DARKEST POWER'

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

Where it is stated in the TOR Encyclopedia that it represent the POV of some historians?

The TOR Encyclopedia is in-universe in the sense that it does not provide out-of-universe perspective of developments in the lore. However, its content is DEFINITIVE as in to be taken at face value. Authorial intent is strongly emphasized.

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia explicitly advertise the fact that it represent the POV of some historians after consensus. Nevertheless, does it cover anything in regards to the Sith Emperor and his Empire?

Is it so hard to move along with the times? The lore is ever-expanding, and new realities will come to light from time-to-time. Therefore, our judgment should be flexible to an extent.

Besides the statement which I have highlighted, their are additional realities to consider; the Emperor was becoming stronger over time, and he defeated an entire Dark Council [in a fight] centuries before confronting the duo of Revan and Malak for the first time whom he broke in mere seconds*. By the time of Revan, the Emperor was described as 'almost godlike avatar of the dark side'.

*The Emperor was above SoR Revan level of strength before the events of TOTJ.

The word 'ever' in a statement imply "all times" regardless.

So you've essentially admitted that it's written under the context of being written by historians after Act 3 of the class storylines so the quote logically doesn't apply to anything after that.

Concession accpeted I guess.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 12:07 AM
S_W_LeGenD

So you've essentially admitted that it's written under the context of being written by historians after Act 3 of the class storylines so the quote logically doesn't apply to anything after that.

Concession accpeted I guess.

SWTOR Encyclopedia is a GUIDE BOOK, genius.

[1] https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...910tpFWMzzL.jpg

[2] https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...mL%2B2nbHaL.jpg

Now, try to understand what the term "in-universe" actually indicate:

Canon fic, or in-universe fic: Fic that builds off the existing canonical storyline.

Source: https://www.vox.com/2016/6/7/118586...ction-explained

Emphasis mine. SWTOR Encyclopedia is in-universe in the sense that it is a work of FICTION in OOU context but ABSOLUTELY TRUE for SWTOR verse. However, it does not represent the work of historians.

If you crave historian perspective of developments in relation to SWTOR project, then consider the works of Jedi Master Gnost-Dural.

Galactic History: https://www.swtor.com/holonet/galactic-history

&

The Emperor was stronger than Exar Kun at any point in time. I accept your concession in advance on the other hand.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jan 12th, 2019 at 06:09 AM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:03 AM
CaveDude33211

SWTOR Encyclopedia is a GUIDE BOOK, genius.

[1] https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...910tpFWMzzL.jpg

[2] https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...mL%2B2nbHaL.jpg

Now, try to understand what the term "in-universe" actually indicate:

Canon fic, or in-universe fic: Fic that builds off the existing canonical storyline.

Source: https://www.vox.com/2016/6/7/118586...ction-explained

Emphasis mine. SWTOR Encyclopedia is in-universe in the sense that it is a work of FICTION in OOU context but ABSOLUTELY TRUE for SWTOR verse. However, it does not represent the work of historians.

If you crave historian perspective of developments in relation to SWTOR project, then consider the works of Jedi Master Gnost-Dural.

Galactic History: https://www.swtor.com/holonet/galactic-history

&

The Emperor was stronger than Exar Kun at any point in time. I accept your concession in advance on the other hand.

Me while reading your post:

Edit: How much did you pay for that horsesh|t book?

Last edited by CaveDude33211 on Mar 22nd, 2019 at 09:37 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 09:30 AM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

I don't know if Kun's quote applies to Vitiate given the character was not even created at that time.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2019 11:25 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote